IGNORED

Extremly rare games for sale!!!!

JagWarlord

Thank you for making up my mind. There is absolutely no snowball's chance in hell that I'll work on Thea Realm Fighters or let anyone else see the code I have. If people are going to freely distribute these unreleased ROMS in an open forum to the highest bidder, there's no point in continuing with the game's development. Quite frankly, I'm sorry I let people play the ROM.

Carl, you can tell High-Voltage I won't be having that consultation with a lawyer. I'll just toss the code it took me three years to obtain. Cheers!

Now I'm certainly not 100% sure about any of this, but I think you are overreacting. I am aware of the entire story (or at least as much as has been released to us) regarding the difficulties you went through in obtaining this code. However, if he is auctioning his original flash cart, not a copy of it, and nor is he making any other copies, than I am unsure of what the problem is. It is just like people auctioning off legal copies of Battlesphere that they bought and no longer want to use. Now I may be wrong about the legality here, but if JagWarlord obtained his copy legally, either through purchase or as a legally obtained gift, than is it a problem that he sells his one copy without making backups or selling other copies he has made?

Thank you for making up my mind. There is absolutely no snowball's chance in hell that I'll work on Thea Realm Fighters or let anyone else see the code I have. If people are going to freely distribute these unreleased ROMS in an open forum to the highest bidder, there's no point in continuing with the game's development. Quite frankly, I'm sorry I let people play the ROM.  

Carl, you can tell High-Voltage I won't be having that consultation with a lawyer. I'll just toss the code it took me three years to obtain. Cheers!

I really hope you're not serious! I, like most Jag fans, cannot afford to enter the proto market, and rely on legit commercial developers (Songbird, Sinister, ScatoLogic) for new releases. Wouldn't stopping development just benefit the holders of the protos, who would see the value of their illegal items rise when they know that they possess the only copies of the program that will ever be produced? :sad:

Oh please....

Like you were working on TRF's anyways. You were too busy trying to build a Jag light gun :roll: . You don't even know what version I have, or how I have obtained it. You would feel pretty stupid if I told you that I purchased it from HVS, wouldn't you?

Oh please....

Like you were working on TRF's anyways. You were too busy trying to build a Jag light gun :roll: . You don't even know what version I have, or how I have obtained it. You would feel pretty stupid if I told you that I purchased it from HVS, wouldn't you?

Carl Forhan's the one that displayed the TRF binary I obtained from HVS at gaming events so that the majority of the Atari Jaguar Community could play it. I guess you'll find it odd that he's released several unreleased games for the Jaguar, too? Have you heard of Songbird Productions?

I have the source code. I control where it goes until High Voltage manages to find their way out of a broom closet. I'm dead serious. Based on my dealings with High-Voltage Software, you did not get it from them. I know who failed to keep their promise/copy. Furthermore, based on my e-mails from Carl, he would not be pleased about that other game you have on Flash Cart that you're freely distruibuting. The one that he's been attempting to get rights to from Midway...

Distribution of unreleased game roms does not help them get released. Quite the contrary.

Oh please....

Carl Forhan's the one that displayed the TRF binary I obtained from HVS at gaming events so that the majority of the Atari Jaguar Community could play it. I guess you'll find it odd that he's released several unreleased games for the Jaguar, too? Have you heard of Songbird Productions?

I have the source code. I control where it goes until High Voltage manages to find their way out of a broom closet. I'm dead serious. Based on my dealings with High-Voltage Software, you did not get it from them. I know who failed to keep their promise/copy. Furthermore, based on my e-mails from Carl, he would not be pleased about that other game you have on Flash Cart that you're freely distruibuting. The one that he's been attempting to get rights to from Midway...

Distribution of unreleased game roms does not help them get released. Quite the contrary.

Sorry to bust your bubble but, the Total Carnage I have is different from Carls :twisted: My TC was purchased from Peter Curry

Get your facts strait!

I know that version of Total Carnage is different from Carl's version. I did not say it was the same version. I've played Carl's, as you well know. I know where you got it from. You've posted those facts in this forum. It's still the same game title that Carl's been attempting to get released. What facts are you missing? All of mine appear to be in order.

I am fairly new here and have no idea what the problem is so I shouldn't even be commenting, I'm sure you'll agree. But it seems that you guys should just whip it out and get the measuring stick so this can be settled. What is the problem with JagWarlord selling something of his own? Anyone that has a problem with him selling something out of his collection is a fascist pig who has nothing better to do then meddle in other's affairs. Get a life! Now how about that for not having any idea what you guys are talking about. :P

I tend to side with JagWarlord on this one. He's selling his original Flash Carts of these games, not binaries. As most of you know I have a very large prototype collection, both hardware and software and the one thing I have learned is there are MANY MANY MANY copies of all the protos out there and it's not just because someone has made a choice to dump the ROM and distribute it. Hell, I found a flash cart at a flea market with Brett Hull Hockey on it. Granted, I already had the proto, but this was pretty surprising to me.....If you don't think the developers had multiple versions, c'mon get real....

On another note, who honestly cares? These are video games! I've said this before, time and again, the Jaguar is a hobby, end of story.... Let JagWarlord sell his stuff if he wants, I see nothing wrong with it.

This community would be SO MUCH BETTER if people just shared (legally) and allowed all to enjoy. I just don't get it. One of the reasons I gave away the binary of the Ultra Vortek beta here on AtariAge was to hopefully start a trend. Curt has done this for YEARS, giving more to the Atari community than anyone else out there. We should all follow suit.

Just my 2 cents.....

Jason

Look dude, I'm sick of people crying about they aren't going to work on this or that project over some petty crap! You're either working on a project or you not; it is that plain and simple bro!

Cheerio,

Terance Williams (The Graphics Man)

FORCE Design :twisted:

Yep it's true that a full working release will be bought instead of a prototype.

Look on the Atari HQ cd there are sources of the Iron Soldier (2) code and I have some beta roms myself. But I bought the original like so many of us. Secondly it's just a collectors item nothing more. When you look on the net and find the roms you find the normal roms, I didn't find the Songbird roms. I own all the songbird games, so I don't need them I would never post them. I think lot's of people think this way. I think only games should be released when there is no other change in getting them. When you're telling that you are working on a game and or songbird then I think you can just continue without being scared.

A collector will not dump the carts and put the roms for download this will make his unique copy more useless....

Just my opinion...

TXG/MNX

Brett Hull Hockey, Total Carnage, Phaze Zero were lent out as prototypes for testing purposes. Where do you see Thea Realm Fighters even close to being halfway completed? It wasn't.

If JagWarlord sells his copy of Thea Realm Fighters, no one will see the source code I bought recently, allowing the game to be completed. I know where he got his copy from, directly or indirectly. That person was not supposed to distribute the game. If JagWarlord wants to sell that Flash Cart, he can upload something else onto it and the code may be worked on. End of Story.

Brett Hull Hockey, Total Carnage, Phaze Zero were lent out as prototypes for testing purposes. Where do you see Thea Realm Fighters even close to being halfway completed? It wasn't.

If JagWarlord sells his copy of Thea Realm Fighters, no one will see the source code I bought recently, allowing the game to be completed. I know where he got his copy from, directly or indirectly. That person was not supposed to distribute the game. If JagWarlord wants to sell that Flash Cart, he can upload something else onto it and the code may be worked on. End of Story.

You are not spiting anyone but yourself if you make good on your childish threat.

This is supposed to be a hobby, not a source of stress. You obviosly seem very stressed out judging on your prior posts in this thread. If this hobby is causing you stress, maybe you should find a new hobby and leave this one behind :)