IGNORED

Extremly rare games for sale!!!!

JagWarlord

If JagWarlord does indeed sell his Flash Cart, I hope that you'll consider re-selling that source code back to Curt Vendel (isn't that where you got it from in the first place?)

Hmm yes that seems to be fair, when you decide to stop (I don't hope so), we would like to buy the source back you got from Curt.

Curt was the person who decided not to sell to the highest bidder but to you because you seem to be very serious about your project. When it's really something you're working on you wouldn't be afraid of an old incomplete prototype that's being sold because the final version you can make would be much better.. I think...

Seems to become a difficult story here... have seen the samething happening several times on the 8-bit platform but that's still alive and people are still supporting developers still outthere...even when they can download proto roms or whatever...

If JagWarlord sells his copy of Thea Realm Fighters, no one will see the source code I bought recently

Even if he sells it to you? Explain the logic of that.

Gladly... my logic is quite simple on that point. My feedback on eBay follows:

" jagwarlord 18  Not a registered user Sep-28-03 18:27:46 PDT 3047209411 S  

Praise : Excellent seller! Would buy from again in a heatbeat!!!A+++++ "

I do not know the specifics as to why he's not a registered user, but I would not buy from him at this time.

Now, if someone wanted to buy the source code back, nobody here is going to offer a reasonable bid for it. I've paid too much for this project for anyone to meet the reserve price. I will not change my position on this subject. He sells the Flash with TRF and no one sees the source code. That is the deal.

He sells the Flash with TRF and no one sees the source code. That is the deal.

Thats not a deal thats plain childishness.

With that sort of attitude I find it hard to believe that you have any intention to work on the project and just want to keep everything relating to itself to yourself.

Why deny the community something because someone has a partial old copy of it and may sell it, Hell if it was downloadable as a rom for free that wouldn't matter either, as people would rather have the finished version.

There is no logic other than your own self gain in your statement.

If JagWarlord sells his copy of Thea Realm Fighters, no one will see the source code I bought recently

I do not know the specifics as to why he's not a registered user, but I would not buy from him at this time.

Now, if someone wanted to buy the source code back, nobody here is going to offer a reasonable bid for it. I've paid too much for this project for anyone to meet the reserve price. I will not change my position on this subject. He sells the Flash with TRF and no one sees the source code. That is the deal.

Hey Poindexter,

Posting my personal information here on AA is out of line. FYI ebay gave me the boot for trying to sell the JVM's, so ebay can kiss my a@#!!

Anyways though...stop being a damn child!

I knew I had a bad feeling about you getting the source from Curt!!

Whata waste :roll:

If JagWarlord sells his copy of Thea Realm Fighters' date=' no one will see the source code I bought recently[/quote']

Now' date=' if someone wanted to buy the source code back, nobody here is going to offer a reasonable bid for it. I've paid too much for this project for anyone to meet the reserve price. I will not change my position on this subject. He sells the Flash with TRF and no one sees the source code. That is the deal.[/quote']

Seems like blackmail when I read al this. But assume Jagwarlord is not selling his copy in what time you expect to release a demo to the public to prove that you're capable of finishing this game and that you're idea is serious to finish the game ?

Hey Poindexter,

Posting my personal information here on AA is out of line. FYI ebay gave me the boot for trying to sell the JVM's, so ebay can kiss my a@#!!

Anyways though...stop being a damn child!

I knew I had a bad feeling about you getting the source from Curt!!

Whata waste :roll:

Hey JagWarlord, that's MegaData's feedback profile on eBay. It's not yours to any degree. FYI they won't let me list my Flash cart on TradeGamesNow as part of my personal collection. Why do you think that is?

Do as you say, not as you do.

What are you suggesting, ZylonBane?

With that attitude, I hope no one buys a copy if you ever do finish. I know I won't after seeing what kind of immature person you are. I'll stick to the older Atari systems where the programmers are actually personable and don't get a kick out of holding some obsolete source code hostage. :roll:

People are supposed to be allowed to distribute ROMs freely in a open forum when the creators of the game have threatened to sue me if anyone PLAYS the game? Suddenly I'm labeled as childish for attempting to limit these actions. So be it. The knee-jerk reactions of this community are why Thunderbird left this scene as a developer. I see no reason why this can't be the next trend in the Atari Jaguar Community. Come one. Come all. Step right up! See the carnage as the Jag fans drive away all development of their beloved system!

With that attitude, I hope no one buys a copy if you ever do finish. I know I won't after seeing what kind of immature person you are.

Ditto

I really can't believe how immature you're being. Just because you own the source code to something doesn't make you the owner of the game, dictating how everyone else should act. My understanding is that you were sold that source code at a very nice price on the understanding that you would finish the game and release it (although I'm really starting to doubt you ever had any intention of doing so). Now that someone comes along with ONE prototype of the WIP version of the game and is offering to sell it to ONE person, you're holding the source code for ransom (hell I'm surprised you didn't threaten to destroy it). WTF difference does it make that someone has a beta version of the game if you're going to release the final version? Did you not think that there were other copies of this game out there? It's not like JagWarlord is making copies of this in his basement or something.

You sound just like the spoiled little kid who takes his ball and goes home when things don't go his way. GROW THE HELL UP! At the very least you should sell back to Curt what he sold you, as you are brekaing the spirit of the agreement. If you don't want to finish the game because you've decidd to throw a hissy fit, then let someone else do it. Holding the source code hostage is just plain weak...

he knee-jerk reactions of this community are why Thunderbird left this scene as a developer.

No Thunderbird left as a developer for the same reason you are. He couldn't play by the rules, threw a hissy fit, and left. There are numerous threads on the subject if you want to go look.

I see no reason why this can't be the next trend in the Atari Jaguar Community. Come one. Come all. Step right up! See the carnage as the Jag fans drive away all development of their beloved system

No, people with poor attitudes like yours are what drives away development.

Tempest

People are supposed to be allowed to distribute ROMs freely in a open forum when the creators of the game have threatened to sue me if anyone PLAYS the game?  

I highly doubt this is the case, but if it is you can't be held responsible unless you distributed the rom to said people. Like I said, there were other copies of this game out there before you got yours.

Which brings up my second point, if the creators are going to sue you if anyone plays the game, how were you going to finish it and sell it?

Tempest

Futhermore, I heard Curt basically gave you the sources for free because you didn't have any money at the time. So don't give me that "I paid soo much for it" crap!!!!

And saying we couldn't afford to buy the sources from you is saying were all cheap and poor right!? I can't believe I ever bought anything from your candyass!! :roll:

If JagWarlord does indeed sell his Flash Cart, I hope that you'll consider re-selling that source code back to Curt Vendel (isn't that where you got it from in the first place?)

Nope, Megadata got all the cd's for TRF that I had, I've not copied/sold/given or distributed anything on those CD's to anyone except to Megadata. Where ever Jagworld got his binary from, it was not from I.

Curt

Futhermore, I heard Curt basically gave you the sources for free because you didn't have any money at the time. So don't give me that "I paid soo much for it" crap!!!!

And saying we couldn't afford to buy the sources from you is saying were all cheap and poor right!? I can't believe I ever bought anything from your candyass!! :roll:

Well, you did totally outbid Megadata on the offer for the TRF sources, but as you and I discussed, I sold it to Megadata for a lower price and over all others because he stated that he had already been in some kind of deal with HVS long long ago. He got it cheaper, but he certainly didn't get it for free dude.

Curt

Just a simple observation... distribution of a compiled rom is not the same as distribution of the source code. I dont see how a compiled rom afffects your source code, it's not like they are getting the source code, or your source code. If you have done anything to the source code, then what you have is inherintly (sp?) different from the rom and of value in it's own right no matter what. (not a lot of people have the skills to enhance existing jaguar code.) don't try for a cheap cop-out, which seems to be the standard MO in the jaguar community these days. (cough *thunderbird* cough.)

I will $$ any finished jag projects, I dont care who has what rom, it's irrelevant.

I highly doubt this is the case, but if it is you can't be held responsible unless you distributed the rom to said people.  Like I said, there were other copies of this game out there before you got yours.

Right. :ponder: Well, it's well documented. I'm quite certain you can trace any ROM of TRF out there back to me. As I said, I know how JagWarlord obtained his copy. Since you know exactly when these other copies surfaced, give me dates. Keep in mind that I had the binary/rom long before I obtained the source codes.

As for Thunderbird, obviously he derailed that whole LightGun thread. :roll: I didn't see anything wrong with anything he wrote, ever. Maybe some things on JI2, but not here. He was only giving out the doses given to him. He played nice. If a certain two or three people were not talking to him, things didn't appear to get out of hand, according to your scewed view of Thunderbird's comments.

Mega - Im sure I can speak for alot of Jag fans out there. IF a final version of TRF comes out - which do you think Jag owners would buy - EEPROM copies of 0.2 or something that was finished?

I think whatever is being sold will have 0 to little impact IF you finish the game.

If you release v0.21 then yeah, folks will prob look at price since nothing much has changed.

Except for collectors 0.2 or whatever is only valuable since a released version is not available.

People are supposed to be allowed to distribute ROMs freely in a open forum when the creators of the game have threatened to sue me if anyone PLAYS the game?

Perhaps mentioning this at the very start or PMing JagWarlord asking him to not sell TRF for this reason would have ended this at the start and more tastefully.

Would make a lot more sense as opposed to just making unbased demands and expecting people to bow under to your will.

Hi folks !

I didn't really want to post in this thread, but this is getting ridiculous....

MegaData... I remember when you gut your dev kit in 99 I think and you were asking me for the dev software back then. That's four years ago.

I don't know if you started learning Jag coding since then or if you have just been waiting for the TRF source code, but you could just as well have used that time to learn coding a write a 2D Jag fighter on your own.

If you are unable to program a 2D fighter on the Jag (or program jaguar in general) that's ok and understandable. There are only few Jag coders out there. But if you can't do a 2D fighter for the Jag from scratch on your own, how do you think you could finish a 2D fighter professional jag coders started and ultimately abandoned ?

Besides, even if you ignore all the license and coding issues, there are a few important things you forgot.

1) The binary is already 4MB, so you would have to port the whole game to CD, which might mean huge code changes or in the worst case a whole new engine that needs to be written.

2) The characters in the game were created using motion capturing from what I've read... How do you plan to get the money to buy the equipment and actors to do more moves and motion capture those to put them into the game ? Same is true for all graphics and sounds that need to be added to make it a full game.

I understand your point that you paid money for the license and the hardware, but I also understand the point of the others.

You're not the only one who paid money for it. There are many others out there who also bought a flash cart with TRF on it or paid for the binary of TRF.

Now that they are trying to sell them again, because they need money maybe, you're trying to forbid that ? Or even say that you will not continue and not give the source out to anybody if somebody sells his flash cart ?! Sorry, but I have to agree with the others that is indeed childish.

I think what Curt did for the Jag scene lately is really great. Thanks a lot Curt.

Curt was so great and kind to offer you the source code, instead of asking ebay prices for it and now you say you will keep the code to yourself and keep it locked away from others who might actually learn something from it or get something done with it ?! That's not fair and it's not helping the Jag scene at all, it's harming the Jag scene. If everybody did that, the jag scene would be dead since 97, because no development would ever have been possible since atari quit if everybody kept all their stuff to themselves.

Jaguar development should be a hobby. And it's essential for the scene to share as much information and help each other as much as possible.

To be honest I don't think the game can ever be finished, even by professional developers, because it's too incomplete (in every way) and it wouldn't be worth the effort.

It would be a lot easier to create a new fighting game from scratch.

However even if the game can't be finished jag coders could learn from it.

Regards, Lars.

:D :) :thumbsup:

ia it just me or do you always have it right starcat? i mean, i have never seen anything that has proven you wrong :o

i have readed only the 2nd page and i am not so sure whats going on here....is it about a source code that should be released?

ps. megadata, its not advised to make me angry : :) you wouldnt like that....would you? ;)

good :twisted: [/size]

ok this is getting rediculas now, so many threads about people wining about leaks of the binary and scource of projects. im just getting sick and tired of people finding these. why dont you just mention the game, release some pics... then release the game.

heck keep it under lock and key if you have to, then we can finally avoid all this confusion! :roll: