IGNORED

New Game: Destroyer 7800

S.D.W.

14 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Well...I played the latest version. Sometimes i do not get points, although I hit the subs.

Thanks for the report. I did find an issue with the scoring related to the subs in the 4th row.

I have uploaded a fixed version (1.3) to the top post.

Appreciate all the feedback!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, S.D.W. said:

Thanks for the report. I did find an issue with the scoring related to the subs in the 4th row.

I have uploaded a fixed version (1.3) to the top post.

Appreciate all the feedback!

Will play tomorrow.

I like this little game. But 2500 is heavy. My best is 2465 😉

On 3/29/2024 at 12:32 AM, RevEng said:

Great work!

Minor suggestion: it would look good if you changed the background color to the sky color below the visible screen. That way the upper overscan area would be sky colored.

Hey Rev,

That's a good idea. I'd certainly be willing to look into that at some point. Maybe in a deluxe version later on. :) Elbows deep at the moment working on the next game. 

• Like 3

Thank you very, very(!) much for this game. Although I am not good at it, I like it much! :)

As I have no 7800, I tried it on my GameDrive. But I get an issue there, not sure if this is a NTSC/PAL problem. But as other NTSC-games show without issues, I just wanted to tell: The top-ship looks "scattered" or doubled. And the aiming-lines do not always show up in white - but sometimes as you move up and down. The border-line often gets solid blue. Tried with V 1.3.

20240414_110152.jpg

7 hours ago, piXLgames_de said:

As I have no 7800, I tried it on my GameDrive.

The GameDrive is a 7800 Multi/Flash Cart that is used with the 7800. 

How were you able to play it on the GameDrive without a 7800?

What you are seeing is evident under other less accurate (or archaic), emulators such as ProSystem 1.3:

image.thumb.png.207731319fdd5ae3be2a0d8317266ab3.png

The issue is with the emulator, not the game.

Destroyer plays perfectly under MiSTer FPGA; A7800, MAME, BupSystem, and JS7800 emulators.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 1:57 PM, S.D.W. said:

This game has been tested on real hardware using the 7800GD, the miSTer 7800 core and emulators including A7800 and BUPSystem.

Works on Argon as well... If you'd like it added, DM me!

(Screen shot from our Mac testing tool, which uses the same engine as the Android version)

image.thumb.png.bddc597773a0dfe6a02223376825e1c1.png

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Destroyer 7800 on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 | LIVE @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day  <- PLEASE NOTE: TIME HAS BEEN UPDATED

Games:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, S.D.W. said:

Cool, sounds great. I'll do my best to catch it. I'm in Florida this week so hopefully I can break away for a bit. :)

Looking forward to playing it on ZPH tomorrow! 🙂 You'll be able to watch in the YouTube archives after it streams live, enjoy Florida!

- James

Just watched the show. Thank you for including my game. Awesome watching you both play, really a great feeling watching people enjoying a game you made. I have to say though, my favorite part was when your cat was sitting propped up against the wall. I laughed out loud at that. :D Thanks again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, S.D.W. said:

Just watched the show. Thank you for including my game. Awesome watching you both play, really a great feeling watching people enjoying a game you made. I have to say though, my favorite part was when your cat was sitting propped up against the wall. I laughed out loud at that. :D Thanks again.

Hahah, you're welcome, it was a lot of fun playing Destroyer 7800 on ZPH! The cats are really the stars of the show. 😉

- James

image.thumb.png.7b6a932e9152df374f54ab48b01a6449.png