IGNORED

Two-Player Kiosk

jaysmith2000

That fixture is pretty common. I've seen that size and several others at the likes of Wal-Mart and hardware/lumber stores.

The other day I was searching for a six inch flourescent bulb for a different light fixture and noticed these at the above places. They didn't cost much, either.

The bulb in my kiosk measures about 12 inches (prongs included). The fixture itself is about 13 1/4". Here's some very crowded pics...

post-2188-1069026023_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1069026024_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1069026025_thumb.jpg

Wow, just got back from New York and am catching up on messages.  Saturn that looks AWESOME!  I agree with K3V, the rotary in the middle was an excellent idea.  

Job well done man!

Jason

Thanks!!!

I had my doubts about how it would look finished, but it did turn out rather nice. I'm so glad, too.

The rotary in the center feels exceptionally good in my hands in that (flat) position. Before, I was accustomed to holding it at a 90° counterclockwise (from flat) position for easier/faster spinning of the knob. Sometimes a power up would be on the other end of a web and spinning it hard was the only way to make it there in time. Now that the controller is supported on it's own, the hard spinning option is still available but in a more comfortable form.

I still have to find some accordian style covering for the cables and that should do it.

Thanks for the compliment AND for starting this thread. The results of which have impacted a lot of people in a very positive way 8)

My normal way to hold a rotary is to hold it flat like a normal Jag pad, supported entirely in my right hand, and turn the knob with the thumb and first two fingers of my left hand. This is a quite precise grip, and when more speed is required, easily shifted to the second grip pictured, which isnt really a grip at all, but just rolling the side of the knob along your little finger and the side of the palm (or even up the wrist sometimes hehe). I dont get to play tempest nearly enough (surprising eh?) but I've found this way to hold a rotary to be very efficient, for me at least.

Edit: Hmm.... No idea why, but the forum software wants to put the images in the wrong order... ho hum

Edit again: Nope, I take it all back, it put them in the right order this time... typical eh?

post-605-1069373658_thumb.jpg

post-605-1069373659_thumb.jpg

Cool descriptions. I'd probably fumble around for months trying to master that "up the wrist" technique :o  

I see a number of gamepad boxes in the upper portion of the top shot. Hard at work, huh? ;)  Kick ass, keep those controllers coming.  :D

Tyrant's always working hard to hook us up! More more more.... Hey T, you still have some for sale direct or are those long gone?

Jason

Alas the last 4 I had made up went the same day I advertised them, but as you can see there are more in the works :). Some I'll take up to JagFest Micro, the rest I'll put up here for sale, probably staggered a few at a time, so it dosnt become a sudden rush to get them and people loose out by being in the wrong time zone or at work or something.

Alas the last 4 I had made up went the same day I advertised them, but as you can see there are more in the works :).

Haha, crazy market :D

Some I'll take up to JagFest Micro, the rest I'll put up here for sale, probably staggered a few at a time, so it dosnt become a sudden rush to get them and people loose out by being in the wrong time zone or at work or something.

Hmm, any idea how many you've created to date?

Would be interesting to have an idea the number of them out there. :ponder:

Alright! My kiosk is now one step closer to being complete, thanks to my man Saturn. He hooked me up with his old controller arm and I just got done installing it. Here are some pics, as promised. The first one is the old broken arm that was still inside my kiosk, poor thing ;)

Thanks again Saturn!

-Kevin

post-1188-1069464166_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1069464167_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1069464168_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1069464169_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1069464170_thumb.jpg

Alas the last 4 I had made up went the same day I advertised them, but as you can see there are more in the works :). Some I'll take up to JagFest Micro, the rest I'll put up here for sale, probably staggered a few at a time, so it dosnt become a sudden rush to get them and people loose out by being in the wrong time zone or at work or something.

Cool, I want to snag a back-up so put me down for one will ya? :)

Jason

My normal way to hold a rotary is to hold it flat like a normal Jag pad, supported entirely in my right hand, and turn the knob with the thumb and first two fingers of my left hand. This is a quite precise grip, and when more speed is required, easily shifted to the second grip pictured, which isnt really a grip at all, but just rolling the side of the knob along your little finger and the side of the palm (or even up the wrist sometimes hehe)

How about modifying the design to incorporate a five speed gearbox?