IGNORED

Recommend Three 2600/7800 Games

MrChickenz

46 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

2600:

Pitfall II the Lost Caverns

I left out homebrews and recent releases because some of them aren't playable on 2600+ yet, or are no longer available to buy and don't work with flashcarts on 2600+ yet.

Does Pitfall II work with the 2600+?

I'd recommend...

2600:

Beamrider

Phoenix

Enduro

7800:

Food Fight

Centipede (for cooperative play)

One-on-One (for nostalgia reasons)

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

H.E.R.O. (or HERO2)

Mr. Run and Jump

Dig Dug

I was just playing Dig Dug the other day. I never played much of it back in the day. But I was really enjoying playing now! There are so many games for the 2600 that I didn’t appreciate as much as I do now.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I was just playing Dig Dug the other day. I never played much of it back in the day. But I was really enjoying playing now! There are so many games for the 2600 that I didn’t appreciate as much as I do now.

Agreed. With age comes a new appreciation for things we overlooked during our youth.

What I like about playing Dig Dug is it allows me to mentally relax and unwind at the end of a long day. 

• Like 3

On 7/29/2024 at 9:01 PM, Plumbob said:

Agreed. With age comes a new appreciation for things we overlooked during our youth.

What I like about playing Dig Dug is it allows me to mentally relax and unwind at the end of a long day. 

Well, basically, I remember once the nes came out. It just kind of dominated everything.

But now that it's all over with, and everything is in the past, and video games are totally different these days, It's nice to be able to go back to the 7800 and 2600 games without having to worry about whether the graphics are bad or not and just enjoy them for what they are.

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

But now that it's all over with, and everything is in the past, and video games are totally different these days, It's nice to be able to go back to the 7800 and 2600 games without having to worry about whether the graphics are bad or not and just enjoy them for what they are.

and for me its a completely different thing...

Season 5 Hen GIF by The Simpsons

I'm content treating an 8-Bit console as a secondary contemporary to the wild next-gen stuff i was brought up on. :D

• Like 1

Just now, tradyblix said:

What console was your initial console ?

depends on what qualifies as first.

Spoiler

Original XBOX was the first i ever played and the Nintendo DS was the first i ever owned.

Not too shy about it tho.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...