IGNORED

New Atari 7800+, Wireless Controllers and 2600/7800 Games Announced

Albert

Has anyone else  seen the latest Pat the  NES Punk video trashing the 7800+ ? As expected the main complaint is that  the console is emulation based instead of FPGA, oh and the  emulation is going to be bad apparently  because the 2600+ emulation was also bad   (according to Pat and Ian) .

Here's the video for anyone interested in watching it :

Edited by JPF997
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

Has anyone else  seen the latest Pat the  NES Punk video trashing the 7800+ ? As expected the main complaint is that  the console is emulation based instead of FPGA, oh and the  emulation is going to be bad apparently  because the 2600+ emulation was also bad   (according to Pat and Ian) .

Are you telling me that fans of another system aren't excited about our system?

Shocked Futurama GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JPF997 said:

I know you don't agree, and that's fine, but for many of us -- their takes aren't wrong.

I bought the 2600+ and was very disappointed in how things played, so it was an easy return for something I should have absolutely loved.    Now I've pre-ordered this (and all the games) because I've heard everyone talking about how much it's been improved thanks to updates, and I'm really excited for it, but if it still has that same disappointment with actually playing it, it'll be a repeat I suppose.  But hoping for the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I pre-ordered the 7800+.  For me it was the form factor.  Strangely,  I Do have (some type of) nostalgia for the 7800,  even though I didn't get it the first time around.  I associate it with getting into eBay and the internet and collecting, and modded systems and somewhat of a resurgence of my enthusiasm for Atari in general.  It reminded me of how much I liked the original Atari in the early 80's.  Not to mention homebrews and AtariAge in general.

Now,  that out of the way,  Pat and Ian are continually Right and I always seem to dig their takes!  When they mention that everybody wants Atari to do an FPGA,  I couldn't agree more.  I agree pretty much entirely with what they had to say,  with maybe the exception being that I am buying the 7800+...Even as I push for an FPGA NEXT TIME.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Are you telling me that fans of another system aren't excited about our system?

Can someone please tell Pat and Ian that not all of us Atari fans are insulted, I'm very happy about the carts released alongside the new 7800+.

Plus Pat and Ian need to understand 7800 compatibility in the 2600+ was a bonus! Pick and choose which is your favorite looking console and you get both systems included whichever you pick.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Couldn't agree more. Honestly, Alien Brigade is best experienced on a CRT with a light gun.

IMG_6247.jpeg

You are going to make people jealous with that Best gun, he doesn't have any more. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

You are going to make people jealous with that Best gun, he doesn't have any more. 

It’s pretty good and I love its no-frills packaging. I purchased that one years ago from him. IIRC, it was ~$20. 

IMG_5784.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JPF997 said:

I mean heres the thing, if the 2600+ and 7800+ on their own are like... $130...

I do not want to ask what an FPGA one would cost, and in that situation, i'd rather it be completely all in one or for something like the Jaguar.

I'm just glad this even exists period, who cares? I grew up with worse atari emulation...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Couldn't agree more. Honestly, Alien Brigade is best experienced on a CRT with a light gun.

IMG_6247.jpeg

Maybe someday we'll get an XE+ Gun from sinden or something...

Although i love alien brigade with the pad. And i just wanna see what ESRB rating it would get... blood!!!!! But genuinely i dont think i've seen a more violent 8 bit game ever, fits with the Action Horror vibe...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Sega Master System Light Phasers are available all day long on eBay for cheap. The adapter circuit necessary to make one Atari-compatible is absurdly simple. AtariAge ought to have Ed (from Edladdin) or someone else whip up an adapter widget to sell. I made one myself a few years ago that works great. :) 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Sega Master System Light Phasers are available all day long on eBay for cheap. The adapter circuit necessary to make one Atari-compatible is absurdly simple. AtariAge ought to have Ed (from Edladdin) or someone else whip up an adapter widget to sell. I made one myself a few years ago that works great. :) 

True, I did that as well but it never occurred to me as to why someone would buy such a thing, because it is so simple.

11 hours ago, JPF997 said:

What a shitty video.  These two asses spend the first 90 seconds blabbing about some jeans neither one of them look like they could fit into.

• Haha 4

I use the Atari XE Light Gun as I bought an Atari XE earlier this year.  It works okay.

As much as I like my Proline Joystick and 7800 Gamepad (bought years ago from B&C Computervisions at Classic Gaming Expo 2000), I'd like an arcade style joystick controller for my 7800.

Any recommendations that won't break the bank?

3 minutes ago, LS650 said:

What a shitty video.  These two asses spend the first 90 seconds blabbing about some jeans neither one of them look like they could fit into.

He got you to do what those morons want, CLICKS.  Why would anyone listen to a boychild with an early midlife crisis, that likely owns Nintendo underwear about anything Atari related?

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

He got you to do what those morons want, CLICKS.  Why would anyone listen to a boychild with an early midlife crisis, that likely owns Nintendo underwear about anything Atari related?

It was obvious 25 years ago that someone always has to be the first person to post on a forum or make a video to say something sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

True, I did that as well but it never occurred to me as to why someone would buy such a thing, because it is so simple.

😉

IMG_5787.jpeg
SEGA Light Phaser works well with the 7800 Mega Controller Adapter. I need one more light gun for the upcoming 4-player game, Ducks Away.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

If they’re willing to pay certain lolcows for cheap laughs, they’re willing willing hate click to check it out.

Edited by Bakasama

5 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

If you use an ad block to watch that video those clicks won't give them a single extra penny 😏 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Not gonna lie, if I could find Atari boxers I'd probably rock them. Found some for women, but that doesn't help me much: https://a.co/d/dzmYCdg

• Like 1