IGNORED

Atari 7800+ announced, along with 10 new games and 2 new controllers

Ben from Plaion

1 minute ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Through my incredible deductive reasoning and ability to pick up on subtle cues and read between the lines, I am guessing this dude doesn't have much disposable income and cannot afford many things, just so everyone is clear on this........

I sold my first commercial Amiga product, when I was 18, how much disposable income did you have at that age? :P 

Granted, I spent 2 years working in a Supermarket to pay for the Amiga beforehand, because my grandparents would only give me a loan. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I sold my first commercial Amiga product, when I was 18, how much disposable income did you have at that age? :P 

Granted, I spent 2 years working in a Supermarket to pay for the Amiga beforehand, because my grandparents would only give me a loan. 

That's great, my point is this guy constantly goes on about not being able to afford things. Like, WE GET IT. 

It's like a broken record.......

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

That's great, my point is this guy constantly goes on about not being able to afford things. Like, WE GET IT. 

Fair enough, all I am saying is, I was once a very poor kid as well and if I had access to the internet back then and saw a bunch of fairly well off middle aged men show off their latest and greatest, I'd probably have similar thoughts out loud. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Fair enough, all I am saying is, I was once a very poor kid as well and if I had access to the internet back then and saw a bunch of fairly well off middle aged men show off their latest and greatest, I'd probably have similar thoughts out loud. LOL

So be it, I'll enable my ability to ignore it from here on in..............😉

Don't mind me

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Out of interest, what product was it. Was it software, or ? 

9 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Have been in that boat before and will probbaly be in it again. There but for the grace of God go I. 

@Ben from Plaion

Damn you! I have preordered everything (the 2600+ is the only console I collect for, so I gotta get em all) apart from the 7800 as I have the 2600. In saying that, is the Bentley Bear game included with the 7800 complete in box or just cart? I might change my order if it's complete as that will cover the wireless controller and Bentley Bear game too and I'll have a 7800 for not much more money...

On 8/27/2024 at 1:27 PM, infinite.pies said:

For New Zealand collectors, the 7800+, wireless controllers and all of the games have just appeared at Mighty Ape for delivery on November 29.

There are discounts on all of the games and controllers (in addition to the usual free delivery) for Primate members.

Already pre-ordered it all, dang it. Sans 7800 as I have the 2600. lol.

4 minutes ago, MantaNZ said:

@Ben from Plaion

Damn you! I have preordered everything (the 2600+ is the only console I collect for, so I gotta get em all) apart from the 7800 as I have the 2600. In saying that, is the Bentley Bear game included with the 7800 complete in box or just cart? I might change my order if it's complete as that will cover the wireless controller and Bentley Bear game too and I'll have a 7800 for not much more money...

Hey there,

Buy it all, sure you son will enjoy them.

BBCQ as the packin comes only in a Slipcase with a manual.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 1:49 PM, Dr Karnov said:

I had a cart go through some real turmoil once and it still worked.

I was amazed 

This is funny! I didn’t know you posted about this previously. I was scrolling through a thread and came across this! lol. There’s a post of pictures of your cartridge shell rebuild! lol.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/358034-collecting-for-the-2600/?do=findComment&comment=5387285

I can’t believe you had the technology to rebuild this to make it better, tougher and playable!

It is the 6 Million Dollar Cartridge! lol.

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2024 at 12:25 AM, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

It's like a broken record.......

this girl*

i mean fair, but sheesh. I am trying to not be broke... And beforehand...

Look i am a 12" of broken tracks on a broken record, both sides... you got Ikari, Broke, 7800, Age, I'm a girl actually, absurd game ideas 1-4, etc. Take ya pick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2024 at 12:35 AM, CPUWIZ said:

Yes, also speaking of product, i did try to set up some kind of Refurbished Sega Genesis thing with some spare cash, issue being it was in late spring and then summer came and my workshop became uninhabitable so i had to sell those off. :skull:

Why are there so many broke "hipster" zoomers in communities sticking out as sore thumbs talking about how "cool" everything is and how much they're gonna do it if they "simply had any money" as there are... which i think is like 6... But thats still Three people with three pairs of sore thumbs!

I'm working on it, dont worry... But i imagine in a few years once i have to move for better opportunities, we'll be back to the least favorite tracks on the broken record... :D

On 8/28/2024 at 12:17 AM, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Through my incredible deductive reasoning and ability to pick up on subtle cues and read between the lines, I am guessing this dude doesn't have much disposable income and cannot afford many things, just so everyone is clear on this........

i was hoping it wasn't too subtle... I'm only just protecting myself from the eventual "oh you want something? go buy it" comments that i would expect if i just went "oh thats really cool i want that, awesome!". So far i think it is working :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

This is funny! I didn’t know you posted about this previously. I was scrolling through a thread and came across this! lol. There’s a post of pictures of your cartridge shell rebuild! lol.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/358034-collecting-for-the-2600/?do=findComment&comment=5387285

I can’t believe you had the technology to rebuild this to make it better, tougher and playable!

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

If nothing else, is shows how robust the working parts of Atari carts are!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

If nothing else, is shows how robust the working parts of Atari carts are!!

The original Atari carts with the dust protectors are invincible. You could throw them and they would still work. 💪🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

Uncle Sam wants his 6 million dollars back 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

The original Atari carts with the dust protectors are invincible. You could throw them and they would still work. 💪🏻

I don't recall for certain that this was verified, but I believe that it was demonstrated you could put them in a landfill for roughly 30 years and they would still work. ;) 

(at least, some of them....)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, NicodemusLegend said:

I don't recall for certain that this was verified, but I believe that it was demonstrated you could put them in a landfill for roughly 30 years and they would still work. ;) 

Apparently only the E.T carts still worked.

• Haha 2

On 8/29/2024 at 7:21 PM, NicodemusLegend said:

Only thing that takes them out is bit rot.

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2024 at 7:21 PM, NicodemusLegend said:

Check it out Starburst! Hee hee

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1