IGNORED

Updated cartridge socket giveaway

Ben from Plaion

Interesting timing!  I was playing mine last night, and while it was working pretty good, it was more finicky than normal.  I was looking in the slot right now and it seems a pin is pushed in a bit.

Please, oh please, let me post this in time!  :grin:

20240827_214018.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Mr Run and Jump and Fatal Run and a Jnr with is that Circus Convoy? My man

Thank you!

You have a good eye!  I run my 2600 Jr mainly for the Harmony and PlusCart, but I happened to have Circus Convoy plugged into it!

57 minutes ago, Albert said:

Have you not taken it out of the box yet!!  The horror!

..Al

He didn't know he was supposed to.  Just thought it was a really great box with a nice plastic bag to keep the dust off.  Put it on display to spruce up his home and impress friends.  Wow that's a great box, they said.  Wait until he finds out what is inside and what things it does.  Mind blown away.  🤯

Really it should come with a printed manual.  "Open box.  Take out what's inside.  Have fun.  Buy more games.  Then go do something else.  But come back later."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

How about dirty carts, which still worked in a 2600 but not a 2600+?

As @JetmanUK I cleaned them before and do cleaning before I use an old cart for the first time.

My Pitfall2 PAL was very finicky to get it working in the old socket. It still failed from time  to time. The cleaned cart worked much better in the new socket. First insert a fail then it always worked. 

The socket is very much like a socket of my original 7800 (PAL).

I have some carts which don't work on the 7800 (they should from a software perspective) but on the 2600+ with the new socket they dump fine.

My Crackpots NTSC did not work in my 2600 NTSC Jr, and my Warlords PAL failed in my 2600 PAL Jr. Both work in the new 2600+ slot.

Don't expect any wonders😉(miracles)

Cleaning should be done but the new slot is very good, though I got the same carts working on the old 2600+ slot too, I had to know how to insert, lift, etc. sometimes.

Still some bad manufactured carts you should hold with two hands, fingers in the middle of the cart, to stabilize a wobbeling board inside.

But I don't expect you can bend pins anymore, which was a weakness of the original slot!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

He didn't know he was supposed to.  Just thought it was a really great box with a nice plastic bag to keep the dust off.  Put it on display to spruce up his home and impress friends.  Wow that's a great box, they said.  Wait until he finds out what is inside and what things it does.  Mind blown away.  🤯

Really it should come with a printed manual.  "Open box.  Take out what's inside.  Have fun.  Buy more games.  Then go do something else.  But come back later."

You are completely off track. And you don't have to act like a clown towards me, I don't know you.