IGNORED

Atari IP list 2024

PowerDubs

It's posted on Atari's homepage... so it's fair game to post.

Atari Group updated 2024 IP catalog

Contains-
Atari
Digital Eclipse
NightDive
GT Interactive
Infogrames
MicroProse
Stern Electronics
Accolade
M Network
Intellivision
Other
Hardware

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nice to see the list. Some things I noticed.

Digital Eclipse has both Cloudy Mountain and Night Stalker listed under it. Cloudy Mountain is supposedly finished, release it. Finish up Night Stalker and get that released, too.

Iron Soldier is listed in there. I do not know if they always had it, or bought it with a recent acquisition. Either way, put those two excellent Jaguar games on Atari 50. And BrainDead13, but we already knew about Atari owning that one, but it should be on Atari 50 also.

The CX-22 Trak-Ball is there under hardware, but not the CX-80. @Ben from Plaion, maybe you should do some prep work for a potential CX22+. I know you prefer the CX-80, but you got to do what you go to do.

I see the unreleased M Network game Sea Battle that was on Atari Flashback Classics vol. 3 and Atari Vault, but I do not see the other unreleased M Network game that was on those collections, Sword Fight.

I also see Checkered Flag. I am pretty sure the Jaguar game is owned by Rebellion, so this is probably the Lynx game, or maybe the franchise. The question is is it enough to release the Lynx game by themselves.

Digital Eclipse owns Death Jr.??? Aw man, I'd love to buy a remastered collection! One of my favorite PSP games for sure.

Also, pretty surprised they own so little of the original Infogrames game library. Quite sad tbh.

Wouldn't they also own the Humongous Entertainment game library after the Billionsoft deal?

Edited by TopDrawer

4 hours ago, TopDrawer said:

Also, interesting that Atari owns the Intellivision brand and its games' library... But not the rights of the original console? That's odd.

Patents would have expired long ago. They should own copyrights to the firmware and they are in the IP list as Intellivision Exec, GROM, Intellivoice ROM, ECS Exec. The Keyboard Component Exec is missing from the list.

They listed Super Challenge Baseball and International Soccer under Intellivision IP although the Intellivision games weren't published under those names. Major League Baseball was also published as Big League Baseball or Baseball, NASL Soccer as Soccer.

I thought the copyrights to Spina the Bee and Super Soccer went to Nice Ideas, the Mattel Electronics spinoff in France.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, jeremiahjt said:

I see the unreleased M Network game Sea Battle that was on Atari Flashback Classics vol. 3 and Atari Vault, but I do not see the other unreleased M Network game that was on those collections, Sword Fight.

They should also have Atari 2600 Treasure of Tarmin. Mattel Electronics was suppose to publish it as an AD&D title but that text might either not be on the cartridge or could be hacked out.

Atari 2600 Loco-motion is based on the Konami game. They don't normally list games they own that require third party licensing.

Other Atari 2600 titles listed like Dual Scrolling and Flashlight were tech demos, and Cumulus, Flapper were in early development, and Monkey Business half completed according to IntellivisionLives.

7 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Treasure of Tarmin will also need a de-brand unless they want to get a new D&D license from Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast. 

I assumed that's why they called it Treasure of Tarmin and removed the AD&D branding?

2 hours ago, zzip said:

I assumed that's why they called it Treasure of Tarmin and removed the AD&D branding?

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin was the original title to distinguish it from the first Intellivision AD&D cartridge. Intellivision Treasure of Tarmin has been published in retro collections as "Minotaur".

Edited by mr_me

I would think that releasing an Intellivision compilation shouldn't be difficult to do as one would think going with the alternate titles and/or the update versions of various games would be simple to do.

Also, it is good to see Atari having various things to put out and/or pull from.  Hopefully we will continue to get new(ish), interesting, and exciting products.