IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This has to be the hardest place to get Trotter into. Without Alejandro's help, this wouldn't have been possible. Here is what Alejandro had to say after sending the pics. [i'll let Gateway post the pics and so on] {Now some of you may be thinking, "Yeah Right. This is RTE or Kepone's been elected the new President of Atari". This is the real deal. I was glad for my contacts to make this possible"}

"Dear Charles,

yes, there are all the pics.

I'm a government representative person so my time (and places) to take

Trotter have been limited due to my extremely busy agenda.

No difficulty at all. My colleagues in the Ministry were curious about

your project and the cartridge, and asked me. Ater knowing this idea they

were happy to know it and that Trotter could visit the DPRK.

Most interesting is that the old Atari and similar models are almost

unknown, since the country jumped directly from cassette Spectrum to the

floppy disks and now CD/DVD, skipping much of the cartridge-era.

Best regards,

Alejandro"

Edited by Atari Charles

Where did the cart exactly go, Pyongyang or the cultural center between the Koreas.......it is a lot easier to go through the cultural center than Pyongyang.....I am looking forward to the pictures.....

If you can go there....try going to Burma now....... it's pretty tough to enter that country.... ;)

A minor update to the site: http://www.musevox.com/trotter/index.htm

Here is a teaser photos for now. More to be added next update. Thanks to Charles Gray and

Alejandro Cao de Benos for their help in setting up this rare opportunity!

post-2955-1197176930_thumb.jpg

Above, Trotter is "Visiting the monument for the Worker's Party of Korea foundation.

Hammer, painting brush and sickle represents workers, intellectuals and

peasants, masters of the country." -from email

I have also updated the reserve list for the remaining Silver Trotter carts in the "Store" section,

and added some T-shirts to the inventory. If you reserved in the past, I am now catching up and will

try to get these shipped out in time for Christmas. I will be sending out e-mails while finishing up

classes for the semester this week. Check the "Store" page for more info and contact me( I still

need to clear some room in my PM box ) if you have questions. I also have about 3 unclaimed

Silver Trotter letters available from the 26 total. (Have to double-check on which letters)

$50 each, $45 with host discount. Black Tees $10 ea. White Tees $5 ea. US Dollars. I accept PayPal( though I still need to update the new logos )

Back to finals homework! Later,

Weston :cool:

trotterjotter at gmail dot com

• 3 weeks later...

Trotter is currently in Thailand.

Burma aka Myanmar is next on Trotter's agenda( if all goes well ). Trotter is planning to meet up with AA'er mlippart. :cool:

Also, South Korea has been/ will be added to the hostlist soon: AA'er BoatofCar. :)

• 3 months later...

Okay, this sucks! :mad:

So I'm this close to the newest website update for the Globetrotter Tour( nearly a year's worth of travel ). I have been slaving away the past two months a few hours every night to get caught up with the maps, photos, etc.

I am ready to upload the first batch of new pages to my site, but the homepage now looks like this!

http://www.musevox.com/trotter/index.htm

Some schmuck callin him or herself "vaporware" has hacked into my site and wrecked havoc with my format!

It will take me another day or two to go through and restore the links and other damage inflicted. Once that's done I can finish uploading the new maps, photos, and other content I have ready for this update, most notably the new photos from North Korea, as well as pics from New Zealand, Japan, and a few other things.

If anybody knows a good security software package or have suggestions of how I can protect my parent's website( where Trotter's site is hosted ), let me know, or if I should be using another browser in the future? I still use IE 6 ( I don't trust IE 7 so I haven't downloaded it ).

Anyway, I am so tired now! I'll have to deal with this after I get some sleep. It just pisses me off that I have another obstacle to deal with before I can put this latest update behind me as I will be taking a trip out of town this weekend, so I want to get this updated before then.

Trotter is still currently in Rangoon(Yangon), Burma aka Myanmar. Thanks all for your patience. Goodnight.

Weston :zzz:

Okay, this sucks! :mad:

So I'm this close to the newest website update for the Globetrotter Tour( nearly a year's worth of travel ). I have been slaving away the past two months a few hours every night to get caught up with the maps, photos, etc.

I am ready to upload the first batch of new pages to my site, but the homepage now looks like this!

Some schmuck callin him or herself "vaporware" has hacked into my site and wrecked havoc with my format!

It will take me another day or two to go through and restore the links and other damage inflicted. Once that's done I can finish uploading the new maps, photos, and other content I have ready for this update, most notably the new photos from North Korea, as well as pics from New Zealand, Japan, and a few other things.

If anybody knows a good security software package or have suggestions of how I can protect my parent's website( where Trotter's site is hosted ), let me know, or if I should be using another browser in the future? I still use IE 6 ( I don't trust IE 7 so I haven't downloaded it ).

Anyway, I am so tired now! I'll have to deal with this after I get some sleep. It just pisses me off that I have another obstacle to deal with before I can put this latest update behind me as I will be taking a trip out of town this weekend, so I want to get this updated before then.

Trotter is still currently in Rangoon(Yangon), Burma aka Myanmar. Thanks all for your patience. Goodnight.

Weston :zzz:

try Mozilla Firefox

Sounds like someone who knows something about the 2600. Chances are it is someone on this forum.

Chances are that it has something to do with the day of the year :)

Chris

here on the fine planet of australia we dont celebrate aprils fools day. :D

We outgrew that silly little tradition. Grow up, U.S.A, our immature cousin (who just happens to have nuclear weapons) :D

Happy new april fools day!

Edited by rheffera

here on the fine planet of australia we dont celebrate aprils fools day. :D

We outgrew that silly little tradition. Grow up, U.S.A, our immature cousin (who just happens to have nuclear weapons) :D

Happy new april fools day!

Here in the UK we do celebrate April Fools day (we also have nuclear weapons, though we haven't used them yet)!

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hey Everybody! Look who's back from the grave...

I've spent the last few nights uploading a mega load of new content to the Trotter site, nearly a year worth of travel! Check it out here:

The tempest in Burma, The tour of North Korea, April Fool's... It's all there!

Note re: North Korea: I wanted to say that, love him or hate him, Atari Charles was instrumental in getting Trotter into the DPRK, so props to him for his help. :)

Thanks for your patience. Trotter is still alive and well and currently should be in Sante Fe, New Mexico now.

In August, Trotter plans to meet up with member Boatofcar, who will be in the US shortly, before returning to his work in Ulsan, South Korea!

In the meantime, if you live in Albuquerque, or nearby, (or Alamargardo :ponder: ) Trotter would like to see more of New Mexico, before he heads toward West Virginia to meet up with Boatofcar, in August.

Also, now that the bulk of the website is updated, I will be focusing on the remaing Silver Trotters that are reserved for people. If you are still on the list, I will contact you soon. I would like to sell the rest of these to make room for some new projects I'm working on. Also, I have some T-shirts still available. I will be updating the Store page over the next few days to more accurately reflect what I have left.

Send me an e-mail if you have comments or questions ( PM Inbox is full right now LOL! )

06-19-08

• 3 months later...

For those who have missed my earlier post, I have added my Interview with Shawn's nephew Isaiah to the Trotter site as well as a long overdue report of when TRAVI the Traveller visited with Trotter last year.

You can check it out here:

:cool:

Trotter is now in South Korea, and will move to Jakarta, Indonesia soon, followed by a return to Europe where I hope to mark off the remaining hosts waiting patiently there, plus maybe pick up a few harder-to-reach European destinations in the process. :cool:

If you live in an interesting European island or other locale that Trotter hasn't toured yet, you can send me an e-mail from the Contact page on the site linked above. My PM box is almost full. :ponder:

Have a VCS day! :)

• 5 months later...

For those of you who are on Facebook ( a worldwide social network ), Trotter just joined! :cool:

I, Weston, am new to Facebook as well, so you can befriend me as well. I am still learning the features of the site but thought it would be a quicker and more frequent way for me to add some feelings and status reports of Trotter on his travels, as well as some new photos...

I will still add to the website over time but, as you may have noticed, it has been awhile since I added new content. Distractions over the last few months have kept me away for awhile:

Girlfriend, school classes, girlfriend, work, church commitments, girlfriend, homework, family commitments, holidays.. did I mention a girlfriend kept me distracted?

Anyway, I will we adding rough photos and updates every few days on Facebook as well as adding friends etc. I will still add to Trotter's website as well with the maps and polished up versions of the photos etc, but that will take some more time. I didnt want Trotter to be forgotten so those of you on Facebook will have new info sooner than others and I will experiment with that as a pre-made format to blog Trotter's status reports...

A lot has happened with Trotter over the last few months. I will try to catch up thru Facebook and then the website.

Trotter is now in London, England and will get on the road again soon. :cool:

Thanks for your patience and support!

Peace,

Weston :cool:

You should be able to see his profile without Logging in here:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Trotter-Ata...479560851?sid=0

If that doesn't work you can type in: Trotter Atari Globetrotter in the Friend Finder area of the site, for those whom are signed up there :)

The Facebook Main Page is here (English though it is available in other languages.. bottom corner to change):

http://www.facebook.com/

:D

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

THE FUTURE OF THE GLOBETROTTER WORLD TOUR

Hey Guys and Gals!

It has been a long time since my last update. For those still interested, Trotter has been on the road for just over 7 years now. :)

He had a bit of hiatus earlier this year, mostly due to getting lost in the mail (that cart and case, etc has not been recovered :( ). At the beginning of the Tour, 3 Trotter carts were built for the project (in case 1 or more got lost). Well, we are now on the LAST cart. It recently returned from a road trip to stops in Washington, Montana and Idaho, here in the U.S.

-

So, Now Trotter is at a crossroads in his journey..

7 years is a good number to "retire" Trotter. However, I would still like Trotter to visit a few more places that he has neglected in the North American and South American continents over the years, in favor of more exotic trips where there were fewer Atari enthusiasts (mostly Asia and Africa).

I am sorry if some of you have felt neglected and I appreciate your patience. :) I feel 2011 is a good time to wrap up Trotter's journey, so Trotter would like to make as many stops as possible in Canada, the USA, Mexico, etc. and further down to a few of you waiting within South America (Brazil, Chile, Peru, etc). A return to Europe( and Australia ) is not out of the question, but we will see..

Of course, the REALITY of the situation is:

The economy is hurting in many parts of the world right now and is gonna be a slow recovery. I understand money is tight for many of us, so spending several dollars to ship Trotter around is low on the list of priorities. To help with this, Trotter will ship CART ONLY. A bubble mailer or small box should work in most cases. The Trotter cart weighs no more than an average Combat or Pac-man cart, etc. ( a few ounces/grams ).

Besides the economy, there may be other factors as well preventing Trotter from continuing.

At any rate, I am working on getting Trotter's website current and will have some time over the Christmas/New Year's break to work on it. If Trotter ends his journey, I will finally be "caught up". If he continues, I will still make updates through 2011 (depending on how long Trotter goes).

-

So, I would like input from others here. Do you want to see Trotter continue? Are you available soon/still available (2011) to host the cart and ship it elsewhere around the USA and Canada for now?

Do you have an interesting vacation you want to take Trotter with you on?

Should Trotter "retire" while his good reputation is still (mostly) intact? ;)

Share in this thread your opinion and/or availability. If there is still enough interest to keep it rolling, then I want to do that. Right now the Trotter is with me (Utah). Below is a list of where it has not been to yet. Even if your city/state has been visited, a return trip is doable, to get more photos, and keep Trotter on the move. :):

All of Canada's provinces save British Columbia (Vancouver area) have not been stopped in yet.

-

USA not seen yet:

Alabama

Alaska

Arkansas

Colorado

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia

Illinois (only been to Chicago airport)

Indiana

Kansas

Maine

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Nebraska

New Hampshire

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Puerto Rico

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Tennessee

Vermont

West Virginia

Wyoming (only been to Yellowstone)

-

All of South America, Mexico, etc still not visited

--

Also,

A few Silver Trotter games are left for sale: $30 USD. More info below:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/108230-30-silver-globetrotter-limited-edition-update-a-few-left/

Thanks,

Weston 8)