IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

I believe it is a very rare Brazillian pirate of Enduro.

Well, I was right about one thing, it's a pirate of Enduro (even still has the Activision logo). However, it's PAL, bollocks.

Anyone want to buy it? Seems like it's pretty rare, I don't see it listed on atarimania.com.

I keep seeing these types of comments, this is not directed at you atari2600land, but everybody uses different types of search methods. Sellers know this, so they make one item in their store or listings, ludicrously high priced. What happens next...

1.) Collector of <insert brand of item> searches ebay.

2.) Collector gets bored digging through countless of crap.

3.) Collector filters search results, to sort by highest price item in their category.

4,) Collector finds insane price for a rare game.

5.) Collector decides to look at the sellers other auctions.

6.) Profit!

I agree that everyone searches differently but personally I only bother to look through a vendor's other items when they have GOOD pricing. I find the idea that people say "hey this guy wants way too much for X, but let's see what else he has anyway" pretty dubious. But hey, if it works for them, I guess. I just seriously doubt it does.

There's a PAL cart in the mix, the Obelix could be a PAL version too, which is a lot more common. Interesting that the seller listed it in the title but didn't bother to take a clear shot of it. Never trust a plumber.

There's a PAL cart in the mix, the Obelix could be a PAL version too, which is a lot more common. Interesting that the seller listed it in the title but didn't bother to take a clear shot of it. Never trust a plumber.

lol, yeah I seen that PAL Soccer cart. The scan of Obelix in the AA database doesn't have a P

on the end label so I assume it's NTSC.

I sorta figured johnsgirl would leave a neg on this Qberts Qubes that had a stock photo.

Most honest people who get the wrong game would sent it back for a refund

other people who are liars and thieves try to get a free game so they can resell it.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F231020424425

I sorta figured johnsgirl would leave a neg on this Qberts Qubes that had a stock photo.

Most honest people who get the wrong game would sent it back for a refund

other people who are liars and thieves try to get a free game so they can resell it.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F231020424425

You've really got it in for this johnsgirl bidder. To say he/she is dishonest because they left negative feedback for receiving the wrong item, a pricey item at that, and without knowing the details behind the transaction... Is a long stretch in my opinion.

People in all hobbies buy and sell, and it's a fact of life in the capitalist society we live in.

I think you have a crush on this person, and you are borderline stalker! ;)

• Like 2

You've really got it in for this johnsgirl bidder. To say he/she is dishonest because they left negative feedback for receiving the wrong item, a pricey item at that, and without knowing the details behind the transaction... Is a long stretch in my opinion.

People in all hobbies buy and sell, and it's a fact of life in the capitalist society we live in.

We've had this debate many times before, but there is a difference between buying and selling and doing what Johnsgirl does which is to buy items on Ebay only to immediately sell them again, often without even having the item in hand and using the same images as the auction he/she just won at a steep markup. That doesn't help any of us and damages the hobby by artificially inserting an unnecessary middle man into the equation between buyer and seller.

Well you certainly put a lot of time and forum space into your plight. That's dedication!

I'm not sure what you mean. I certainly don't go around posting auctions that this particular re-seller buys as I frankly don't care that much about them other than the fact that I don't think what they are doing is positive or should be celebrated. I always find it puzzling when a handful of forum members jump to this re-seller's defense as if they are really contributing to the hobby in some way as opposed to intervening where they aren't needed or wanted and making a healthy profit in the process. I'm all for capitalism and the free market, but I believe that businesses should contribute positively to the markets they exist in by providing value added services or unique products that fill a niche. There is no place or need for a business that's sole purpose is to suck money out of the pockets of buyers by providing a middle man service nobody needs or wants.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 1

This was one of the auctions I was watching and every now and then I check in to see how it turned out.

I even sent a message to the seller once I seen who won it that the buyer might demand a refund

saying it's for the wrong system but never heard back.

Maybe he really did him a problem with that auction or maybe it's me not trusting the buyer.

He did after all sell a NTSC CIB My Golf when there's no such thing.

I'll back Roadrunner on this one. I have a history with this seller and know the tactics that they use (at least on me). There's a difference between buying and selling to simply support your hobby and what this person does.

I've sold several items to johnsgirl have never had an issue with him/her. I believe someone here said that crazy1*2010 was the other ebay ID for this guy, I did have a little issue with that ebayer a few years back again he was buying from me, but it resolved itself. Personally I'd rather sell to a collector, not a reseller, but johnsgirl still wins them sometimes, I certainly don't mind moving some of my stuff, and they always pay timely.

No one is forcing anybody form buying from this reseller, it is a free market. I would think the feedback helps determine the character of the seller, and sites like this where buyers can share their experiences about transactions. Honestly this forum is kind of lacking of chatter and I sort of like the detective work of Mr Roadrunner. But I do think this particular thread is probably the wrong place to post these discussions, seeing how it was created originally to help Al with the auction spotlight on the homepage. I also think highlighting those hidden gems in mixed lots, only drives up prices in the end, and that's still not the direction for the original topic of this thread either.

I'm not sure what you mean. I certainly don't go around posting auctions that this particular re-seller buys as I frankly don't care that much about them other than the fact that I don't think what they are doing is positive or should be celebrated. I always find it puzzling when a handful of forum members jump to this re-seller's defense as if they are really contributing to the hobby in some way as opposed to intervening where they aren't needed or wanted and making a healthy profit in the process. I'm all for capitalism and the free market, but I believe that businesses should contribute positively to the markets they exist in by providing value added services or unique products that fill a niche. There is no place or need for a business that's sole purpose is to suck money out of the pockets of buyers by providing a middle man service nobody needs or wants.

arggh you're right, I mixed you up with roadrunner.

No - I agree in principle with what you are saying. It's more that I find it monotonous to see the same 'johnsgirl reseller scum' posts over and over.

But I do think this particular thread is probably the wrong place to post these discussions, seeing how it was created originally to help Al with the auction spotlight on the homepage. I also think highlighting those hidden gems in mixed lots, only drives up prices in the end, and that's still not the direction for the original topic of this thread either.

I tried telling him that before, no use.

But I do think this particular thread is probably the wrong place to post these discussions, seeing how it was created originally to help Al with the auction spotlight on the homepage. I also think highlighting those hidden gems in mixed lots, only drives up prices in the end, and that's still not the direction for the original topic of this thread either.

Sorry about that everyone.

It's just that there were quite a few times i coulda won something cheap that mighta

flew under the radar only to get outbid by a reseller or someone who has multiple copies of the same game.