IGNORED

Help, are any of these rare ?

Digitalicious

What the hell is wrong with you guys? you can all see he/she is a newbie

so why does that instantly mean its a fake?

It's real im telling you and i had no question about it's legitimacy at all!

Also whats wrong with just asking for a picture where all the carts are on display?

Not everyone thinks about these things you know! also because he/she is

a newbie he/she probably didn't even know there WAS a rarity list

Give him some slack eh guys?

Tell yah what Saikyo when you've been around longer you can come in here and tell us its the real deal. These guys have dealt with and proved several carts fake. There was the begal bros, the air world and some more you go bakc in the form and read those threads. If htey have a hunch it is fake, than it might be ok to question it, sence it could be worth a lot of money. She knows if its real or not we told her it was rare, so she will do with what she wants, but if she sells it and it is a fake someone in the communitie will get burned by a con artist.

I think it could be real but lets just wait and see what happens.

Okay saikyo tell me this. Why, in the burger time for the 5200 thread, you were claiming that to be real also when a few people doubted it. :roll:

Saikyo claims the 5200 burgertime is real :ponder:

Looks like you may not know as much as you think you do.

ownedmickey.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you guys? you can all see he/she is a newbie

so why does that instantly mean its a fake?

Also whats wrong with just asking for a picture where all the carts are on display?

Not everyone thinks about these things you know! also because he/she is

a newbie he/she probably didn't even know there WAS a rarity list

Give him some slack eh guys?

I agree Saikyo,

Sorry, but I was feeling all cranky and jaded this morning when I posted but I DID congratulate her as well as answer her question about Eli's Ladder being RARE.

Just understand that most people seem to need undeniable proof when it comes to rarity 10 Atari games. Call it envy, skepticism, whatever.

On a personal note, several years ago I aquired a mint boxed Chase the Chuckwagon at a local flea market for 50 cents. Here it is along with a few other boxed games in my collection. I am only aware of 2 other people out there with a boxed Atlantis II (I also have the letters from Imagic ;) ):

chuckwagon.jpg

topsecretimagicdocuments.jpg

I agree Saikyo,

Sorry, but I was feeling all cranky and jaded this morning when I posted but I DID congratulate her as well as answer her question about Eli's Ladder being RARE.

Just understand that most people seem to need undeniable proof when it comes to rarity 10 Atari games. Call it envy, skepticism, whatever.

On a personal note, several years ago I aquired a mint boxed Chase the Chuckwagon at a local flea market for 50 cents. Here it is along with a few other boxed games in my collection. I am only aware of 2 other people out there with a boxed Atlantis II (I also have the letters from Imagic  ;) ):

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15567

three have boxed atlantis II:

the 5th ghost

FND

rick weis

bjk7382 wrote:

Okay saikyo tell me this. Why, in the burger time for the 5200 thread, you were claiming that to be real also when a few people doubted it.

Saikyo claims the 5200 burgertime is real

Looks like you may not know as much as you think you do.

Yeah OK I WAS wrong about that one I admit it!

But this claim has a picture of the cart a game that people know exists

and not a newly discovered game.

Also I dont like to judge whats real and whats not. (unless I know for sure)

Anyway well see whos right soon, im not saying that you are wrong

and I DO KNOW that this game is one of the rarest and thats why you are

skeptical but I just cannot find a reason why this cart would be fake!

any way im not arguing let's just hope that this is real :)

If it is then you are truly lucky Digitalicious

bjk7382 wrote:

icon_quote.gif You have made quite a few posts, and you still don't know how to quote? :ponder:

Like I said before anyone could print that simple label. All you would need is the right style cart to put it on and then all of a sudden a newbie has something to talk about on the fourm :roll:

It could be real, but he hasen't done much to retalliate on what people have already said.

Like I said before anyone could print that simple label.

I can't even make that label, nobody has a straight highres scan of it. :P

It could be real, but he hasen't done much to retalliate on what people have already said.

Have to go now, I will come back on the weekend. Bye and thanks for the help again.  :)

:ponder:

I'm not sure if it is fake or not. Don't care one way or another, but you all have to remember that some of the newbies come across great finds in the wild. :roll:

Not long ago, I was a newbie selling things like Q*Bert Cubes, River Raid 2 w/ instructions, and even a rarity 10 Xante Trick Shot. I still have a lot of great items I have kept... but it goes to show a newbie can have a lot of good stuff. Of course, I did know how to find a value or rarity level of everything. And I knew it was rare before I bought them.

There are a few collectors in my area (Tulsa, OK) that could have got the same carts as I have. I think that a seasoned collector doesn't frequent the same stores as often as an eager newbie. Otherwise they would have found the things I have as they were generally available to anyone with a good eye and patience. (ie... the Xante cart was found at video game shop on 21st and Memorial.... and the River Raid 2 and Star Wars Arcade were found at Vintage Stock: which is a surprise since the workers there sort through the new merchandise they get in <--- I don't blame them either!)

Luckily I never was doubted when I posted. Simply for the fact that I never cared to look at how to post pics and I don't think I've posted a single one. That may have been proof that I was a newbie. lol But it you wanted to see some bad pictures that I've sent to people when they ought my stuff... ask the guy who bought my Q*Bert Cubes. lol Now that was a crappy pic!

I just would hate seeing anyone turned off from this site... simply because people would not believe them. :sad:

Keep cool... and if you think it's a fake... keep that to yourself or talk about it in PMs. There is no sense in starting a flame war

Eric DeLee

Wow, I can't believe this, I didn't say I was going to offer these for sale. If it is a fake, it was fake 20 years ago too. Thanks for the few people who were actually kind enough to provide some valuable information.

I am not even going to answer any messages but would like to say thanks to ATARIPITBULL, sku_u and a few others for looking out for me.

I see you guys around some time when I can borrow a digital camera and I will show you some of the other games that I know now, after looking at this rarity guide of yours are rare. Maybe then you will believe it, not that I really care, I was just excited to pull my boxes out of the attic and play some of these old games.

Thanks also to Eric, I appreciate your kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally borrowed a camera to show you some more of my carts I found but it's crap too, men. :roll:

Nevermind, seems like people take this whole "Atari" thing way too seriously anyway.

Oh, sku_u, send me your address and I will send you the Eli cart if you pay for postage. You are a really nice guy and the game is really bad. ;)

post-4300-1083922770_thumb.jpg