IGNORED

Help, are any of these rare ?

Digitalicious

:!: :!: :!: To my shock, I actually received Eli's Ladder in the mail today.  I honestly didn't think Digitalicious would come through, but figured it was only a $4.00 risk I was taking.  I'll have my wife take a picture of me holding the game when she gets home later tonight.  :!:  :!:  :!:  :o  :o

Holy shit, you're f*cking joking. :skull:

For any of you who think sku_u is pulling a stunt, he doesn't own the cart. ;)

So, let's see the picture man. drooling.gif

Like I said before I knew there was a great chance of it being real and here it is!

BTW Digitalicious did you place the cart in that wierd position to make us skeptical

or was it just coincidence? :D

Either way you are a very generous person and not in a million years would I give away such a rare find! :D

I take everything I said about the photos all back! I know (not think) that you own all the other carts too! :)

Jesus H. Christmas on toast. :o :!:

Either this was a hoax by some well-to-do collector and that was the reward for falling for it, or this was real from some don't-care-about-rarity-or-value newbie who was feeling particularly generous.

Or Sku_u was co-opted. :)

What I want to know is what happened to the other rarities in the picture...

EDIT: I also want to know why the label of the cart in the picture is suspiciously similar to the one in the AA database, even in its flaws (which also explains why the top left of the cart was covered up in all the close-ups.)

Yes, I'm being horribly cynical, but heck, it's fun being conspiratorial sometimes. :)

I still strongly believe this is fake. But I'll play along anyways. Can you post a screenshot of the gameplay? And no, I don't mean connecting your computer up to the TV and taking a picture. :P

This is getting fun...

-J

I still strongly believe this is fake.  But I'll play along anyways.  Can you post a screenshot of the gameplay?  And no, I don't mean connecting your computer up to the TV and taking a picture.  :P

This is getting fun...

-J

:? I guess so. What would that prove?

What I want to know is what happened to the other rarities in the picture...

EDIT: I also want to know why the label of the cart in the picture is suspiciously similar to the one in the AA database, even in its flaws (which also explains why the top left of the cart was covered up in all the close-ups.)

Yes, I'm being horribly cynical, but heck, it's fun being conspiratorial sometimes. :)

The endlabel is slightly worn, but otherwise this cart is much cleaner and the label in much better shape then the one in the AA DB.

I think the problem here is that people here have a hard time believing that such generosity exists in the quantities required to just hand over a $1200 cart for the price of shipping. Let's face it; for the vast majority of us it would require the jaws of life and some heavy explosives to pry it our of our cold dead hands -- even if it is a crap game, so to even think about simply giving it away without threats to our life or sex with a hot celeb is inconceivable.

Indeed... I do have a hard time in believing someone is willing to just send a $1200 to a complete stranger.

In my position, had I been Digitalicious, and wasn`t bothered about the cart or the money it was worth, I would have auctioned it and given the proceeds to charity, rather than send it to someone who I knew nothing about whatsoever.

Of course, in reality, although I like to think I'm generally a generous person, I suspect that the only charity I'd give it to if I found myself in this position would be the "Charity for Ian's Atari Collection". Which, incidentally, is a very deserving cause should anyone wish to donate....