IGNORED

Help, are any of these rare ?

Digitalicious

Wow, I can't believe this, I didn't say I was going to offer these for sale. If it is a fake, it was fake 20 years ago too. Thanks for the few people who were actually kind enough to provide some valuable information.  

I am not even going to answer any messages but would like to say thanks to ATARIPITBULL, sku_u and a few others for looking out for me.  

I see you guys around some time when I can borrow a digital camera and I will show you some of the other games that I know now, after looking at this rarity guide of yours are rare. Maybe then you will believe it, not that I really care, I was just excited to pull my boxes out of the attic and play some of these old games.

Thanks also to Eric, I appreciate your kind words.

PM Sent

this is actually pretty damn funny... :D

I think it's hilarious that people are taking this seriously.

I mean, come on....

What does a newbie do when he has some carts that he wants to know are rare? He tells us what the carts are.

What does he not do? He does not:

* Chuck all the carts on the floor in a haphazard way and take a photo - and oh look! The 'rare' one just happens to be covered up but enough left out to just show what it is. Why would he not arrange them all to be visible?

* When he fails to attach the picture, would he not just type what the carts are? That's what 99.9% of people do - if they don't know how to attach a pic, most would just say what the carts are.

* On being told how rare the cart is, then offers to send the cart to someone for the cost of postage.

* Happens to have 6 UltraRare carts in good nick lying around in the loft.

Now, I don't know how (s)he got that photo, but there's no way this is a newbie... I would imagine it's someone who knows one of the big league collectors out there - or one of them having a larf! :)

There was an old thread started by SpendTooMuchOnAtari where a new AA user created an ID called 0s_and_1s. megamanfan saw this first and pointed out the new user:

that was back in november of 2003. strange thing is, if you click on that link, you do not find the profile of 0s_and_1s, you find a different AA member...Digitalicious.

i thought only admin's were able to change your user id...or does the user number (eg 4300) get recycled if a member is deleted by the admins?

I finally borrowed a camera to show you some more of my carts I found but it's crap too, men.  :roll:  

Nevermind, seems like people take this whole "Atari" thing way too seriously anyway.  

Oh, sku_u, send me your address and I will send you the Eli cart if you pay for postage. You are a really nice guy and the game is really bad.  ;)

Just did. Thanks! I'll let you know when I get it.

Just did.  Thanks!  I'll let you know when I get it.

Be sure to let us know too...

If this really is kosher (yeah, right) then not only did you just score the bargain of the century, but also Digitalicious is the most generous person in the world, ever, for giving away a $1200 cart just because someone was nice to them on the forum.

All the same, though, I genuinely hope for your sake, sku_u, that this is real!

No it's real alright, although the only thing bothering me is that the

Eli's Ladder cart is in the same position on BOTH photos now that seems a bit

suspect but it could just be coincidence.

BTW Digitalicious well done on that Condor Attack, Malagai and Lochjaw.

Awsesome finds there and Motorodeo as well! You sure know where to look you do! :D

Eli's Ladder cart is in the same position on BOTH photos now that seems a bit

suspect but it could just be coincidence.

Not half as suspicious as the fact that even in the second photo the top of the cart is hidden. I mean, you've been told the cart is dead rare, you have other rare carts, so you put them out on display for the photo...

... but instead of arranging the carts nicely, you again stack another cart on top, but only on this cart, even though there's plenty of space to put the cart where it's fully visible.

Why?

Personally I think that this is someone having a belated April Fool joke... this year we were all expecting a major prank and nothing happened as we were watching everything so suspiciously, so maybe they just delayed it a bit. :)

I still think it's funny, though, watching the entire board split into believers and cynics! You can tell a lot about the people here that way.

Not half as suspicious as the fact that even in the second photo the top of the cart is hidden. I mean, you've been told the cart is dead rare, you have other rare carts, so you put them out on display for the photo...

Thats my thoughts exactly why has Digitalicious covered the top of the cart?

I just taked to her on the phone and Id be pisssed too. There was a member that sent her 40 pms and was like stalking her and offering her like $2.00 a crat. She said if this perosn wasnt such an a hole she probably would have done it. She is very nice. Sku you are lucky Someone before I pm her Telling her the value for the Ladder to try to keep her from sending it to you. But she just said No he was very kind to her and she didnt care how much it was. So sku I salute you. We both should get our packages at the same time. :D

Personally, I do suspect it's a big-time collector who just perhaps wants to get rid of some stuff . . . Although I know of plenty of people who aren't really in the community who actually have rare games (and know they're worth something, and outside of my price range). If Alabama is any indication, there is still stuff in the wild to be found, it just takes very careful hunting.

Well I dont think they have all those rares, and if so I dont think they would give them away, but if you are I have to say you are a much better person than me, I would of sold them... but if you want to give condor attack to me :) or sell it to me I would take it, it is one of my tops on my to get list :)

PS if you really do have all those you are one lucky person :)

:!: :!: :!: To my shock, I actually received Eli's Ladder in the mail today. I honestly didn't think Digitalicious would come through, but figured it was only a $4.00 risk I was taking. I'll have my wife take a picture of me holding the game when she gets home later tonight. :!: :!: :!: :o :o

:!: :!: :!: To my shock, I actually received Eli's Ladder in the mail today.  I honestly didn't think Digitalicious would come through, but figured it was only a $4.00 risk I was taking.  I'll have my wife take a picture of me holding the game when she gets home later tonight.  :!:  :!:  :!:  :o  :o

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :o

I take back everything I said before, I was just skeptical as usual.