IGNORED

Help, are any of these rare ?

Digitalicious

Did HhWolfman ever get his package?  Wasn't he supposed to get something too?  And all of you guys asking for evidence (screen shots/ label pics/ etc) wouldn't it make more since to ask him for maybe a picture of the box it came in with a recently dated postmark?  I mean obviously he has the game. But some kind of proof whee it came from would seem to be the question.   Personally I don't know what to think this is all just too wild!

My recycling went out yesterday. I get roughly 10-20 packages a day. What would showing a picture of a postmark on a package prove?

To the people who wanted a picture of the cart in front of my TV playing in an Atari, which how do you want me to take the picture?

To the people who want a pic of Sku_u playing the game, you're not worthy of this type of evidence. Sku_u is one of the most trusted member of these boards. This thread went way too far, even if you were skeptical on on a newbie having these carts, you should have kept your mouth shut. If you are going to treat all newbies (and now well respected members)like this, Albert might as well restrict any new membership and in time just let the forums die off. I have always told people that this is a great community here, and that others should join, have you proved me wrong!!!! First newbies get their heads bit off for asking questions in other topics (how stupid, that is the pupose of the forums, if you dont like to have to reply to a question that has been repeated numerous time, just DON'T REPLY PERIOD!!!), and now this thread. What is wrong with you people??? :x :? :x

PS Thanks goes to the posters who stuck up for what was right in this thread. :D

This thread went way too far, even if you were skeptical on on a newbie having these carts, you should have kept your mouth shut.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical. Eli's Ladder and those other carts shown are extremely rare. Last time a new person showed up claiming to have found an Eli's Ladder, I stuck up for them, then it turned out to not be real!

I definitely agree that we could be a little nicer about it, but I think that considering the number of fakes and scam artists that we've seen, it's good to voice concern. In many cases it's saved people from getting ripped off.

-paul

This thread went way too far, even if you were skeptical on on a newbie having these carts, you should have kept your mouth shut.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical. Eli's Ladder and those other carts shown are extremely rare. Last time a new person showed up claiming to have found an Eli's Ladder, I stuck up for them, then it turned out to not be real!

I definitely agree that we could be a little nicer about it, but considering the number of fakes and scam artists that we've seen, it's good to voice concern. In many cases it's saved people from getting ripped off.

-paul

I definitely agree that we could be a little nicer about it, but considering the number of fakes and scam artists that we've seen, it's good to voice concern.  In many cases it's saved people from getting ripped off.

-paul

One thing people seem to keep forgetting though is that this person never offered anything for sale to anyone. :ponder:

Ok all lets just try to calm down here! Sku_u has been here for round about

2 years now and is a very trusted member like gamerz said.

He is very trusted so why tell a lie?

Look even if It is a fake does it even matter? It's real and I'm very happy for him, you all should beleive him too.

Eli's Ladder as we all know is a (10) rarity game cart and EPROM, now I know that it is not very often that you find rare games like this but I have

found Extremely Rare PAL master system carts (and still own some of them) for about

£1 each!

I did not know how rare they were until I looked at the rarity list, and when I did I was shocked!

Also I never doubt that no people will give rare games away because some people only really care for game play (something that Eli's Ladder has not got apparently)

So let's all just wait and see, I think that the people who are doubting him

will have to hang thier heads in shame after all of this! ;)

I definitely agree that we could be a little nicer about it, but considering the number of fakes and scam artists that we've seen, it's good to voice concern.  In many cases it's saved people from getting ripped off.

-paul

One thing people seem to keep forgetting though is that this person never offered anything for sale to anyone. :ponder:

Definately my point...if they had offered them for sale, then there is room for more concern. Instead we are scaring the newcomers away. :roll:

To the people who wanted a picture of the cart in front of my TV playing in an Atari, which how do you want me to take the picture?

I don't see how this would prove anything, really.

someone could have just as easily requested:

If you get a movie camera and shoot a film of you juggling the cartridge along with an apple, bowling pin, and a dirty diaper - only then will I be convinced!  

Admittedly, each of the pictures shown has its flaws. I don't know much about Eli's Ladder, but there are a few things in the last photo that would make me ask questions: How come there is such a cast shadow on everything except for the Eli's Ladder cart label, which seems to be the same brightness throughout? Is it me, or does a close up show that the label is slightly askew? Are the corners rather crisp on this label? I guess my point is, I totally understand why people would call this into question. However, AFAIK, sku_u isn't putting it up for sale, so who cares?! LOL!

Moving forward - in the time that I have been on Atariage (a while... this is not my usual handle), sku_u has never done anything to make me question or distrust him; I would make a trade with him any day. I think do think that a high resolution screenshot would be more beneficial than any other photo or absurd request for those who need more proof. If nothing else, the photo would make a nice addition to the Atariage database. :-)

I really don't care about the rarity of the cart or whether or not this is a hoax or not; I'm a player not a collector. I just thought that this thread made for a very interesting read. I will be watching to see what else comes of it. HAHA!

One thing people seem to keep forgetting though is that this person never offered anything for sale to anyone.  :ponder:

Well, make a post like that and you will have offers. If it were a scam, a deal would have been made in private. I just don't want another newbie to get taken in by a scam or a fake.

And I do believe sku_u, I was just skeptical when I saw the original post.

-paul

One thing people seem to keep forgetting though is that this person never offered anything for sale to anyone.  :ponder:

Well, make a post like that and you will have offers. If it were a scam, a deal would have been made in private. I just don't want another newbie to get taken in by a scam or a fake.

And I do believe sku_u, I was just skeptical when I saw the original post.

-paul

And it sounds as if some members here (not u paul) wanted to scam the newbie in PMs, thats very wrong also. Its a double edged knife we were and are dealing with.

Can't we all get along? But seriously he has a pic holding the cart, i am new here and from what everybody has said i believe that he recieved the cart and this is not a scam, congrats on the the cart by the way.

Honesty is the best policy!!!

;)

RD

FWIW I'll say just one thing... you can be sceptical without being rude.

To the people who think that just because someone comes on here and says something means that it's true, I've got some snake oil here - yours for just $20 a bottle, guaranteed cures anything. Alternatively, I've got the Title Deeds to London Bridge if you're interested.

And to the people who think that just because someone comes on and says something seemingly outrageously unlikely (but possible), means they're deserving to be treated badly, I say give them a chance.. innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Myself I'm still very sceptical, but if it's true then sku_u has done very nicely and Digitalicious is a wonderfully generous person- I sincerely hope that's the case.

Wow... somehow I missed this thread until now, but it was entertaining enough for me to read all 6 pages!

Where do I stand? Well... the whole thing seems suspicious, but it could be true. It really doesn't matter what I think anyway.

But I will say this... even a photo of sku_u playing the game on his TV wouldn't prove anything. I was thinking about firing up the Eli's Ladder ROM in Stella, hooking my laptop up to the TV (just out of sight), setting out the 2600 with a fake Eli cart inserted and pretending to play what's on the screen... (but I'm too lazy).

• 9 months later...