IGNORED

Help, are any of these rare ?

Digitalicious

Maybe the person is a multimillionaire and $1200 is mere pocket change.  If I had say $25M in the bank, I think I would do such things just for kicks.  I don't think $1200 would be considered anything substantial to someone that rich.

It's not even really the value of the cart -- the value is just a measure of its rarity, and frankly I'd put a far greater value on the fact that I even have such an unbelievably rare cart than the fact that it's worth a lot of money. It's not like you can just nip out and pick up another when you've got a spare moment, after all...

Indeed... I do have a hard time in believing someone is willing to just send a $1200 to a complete stranger.

In my position, had I been Digitalicious, and wasn`t bothered about the cart or the money it was worth, I would have auctioned it and given the proceeds to charity, rather than send it to someone who I knew nothing about whatsoever.

Of course, in reality, although I like to think I'm generally a generous person, I suspect that the only charity I'd give it to if I found myself in this position would be the "Charity for Ian's Atari Collection". Which, incidentally, is a very deserving cause should anyone wish to donate....

It's not that hard to believe. I have an old pinball that was given to me by an older woman. It had belonged to her husband. I had it appraised for insurance purposes after picking it up. It's worth over $1,500.00. When I found out this information, I immediately phoned the lady and told her and asked if she wanted it back. She laughed and said that she was just happy to get it out of her house and not to worry about it. When I went to pick it up, she even offered me money to take it away, which I turned down. To some people, its just stuff.

What I want to know is why Hughe Grant is holding a Elis Ladder.  :D

Or maybe it's one of the many faces of Alex Bilstein! :lol:

Someone already raised a point that member #4300 didn't start out as Digitalicious, it was clearly someone in the know about Atari. Either a fake account of someone already here, or it really was who it started out as, an Atari collector from ebay. (which also may already be a member from here by another name LMAO)

Someone noted the fact that a new member had showed up, registered that night, while a thread was being discussed about said ebay member, so it was dead obvious member #4300 isn't just some random person who signed up to Atariage to post pics of carts, and ask if they were rare or not.

That much is certain.

So how did this Elis come into Sku's possession? Maybe it was only for postage, after Sku mailed some goodies back to the other person, ie trade. Or maybe this is all the work of Sku_u, perhaps he had acquired said cart thru other means, and decided a brag post was too much, decided to go a different path. I'm quite sure Sku knows the anwsers to these. I'm a bit baffled by the way this is going, it is funny some replies i read, but why someone would start this in the first place is a bit odd.

If they are real - that is really awesome, and why wouldn't I believe them? I have recieved very treasured and valuable gifts over the years-besides value is in the eye of the beholder.

If they are fake, so what doesn't personally harm any of us.*shrug* Why worry? No one asked to be judged harshly or interrogated.

If I had/have super rare items myself, I would maybe ask an opinion or two but enjoy them for myself. That's why I wear my jewelry instead of locking it away - who is really enjoying anything if they are being paranoid and keeping it locked away? That's why they have insurance - and if a cart was really worth that and I could in some way prove it I would probably insure it and play the heck outta it if it's a good game. If someone doesn't belive me oh well, thats their problem. I have nothing I *have* to prove to anyone if I know the truth myself and as long as someone's being true to themselves that's all they have to face everyday that and God. (if someone belives in)It's about having fun, learning and sharing new experiences. :D

Congratulations Sku_u! I have read everything so far, it doesn't matter if the game is fake or not. Just ask yourself...Are you happy with it? (& I'm sure you are ;) . I hope you thanked Digitalicious, we need more people like her! She is right about two things...We all take our Atari's way to seriously and we all pay too much for them... :roll: ...! I can't wait for my "Atari Fairy Godmother" to bless me with my 2600 wish! Thanks again Digitalicious!!!

Did HhWolfman ever get his package? Wasn't he supposed to get something too? And all of you guys asking for evidence (screen shots/ label pics/ etc) wouldn't it make more since to ask him for maybe a picture of the box it came in with a recently dated postmark? I mean obviously he has the game. But some kind of proof whee it came from would seem to be the question. Personally I don't know what to think this is all just too wild!

And all of you guys asking for evidence (screen shots/ label pics/ etc) wouldn't it make more since to ask him for maybe a picture of the box it came in with a recently dated postmark?

sku_u's word is good enough for me!

Did HhWolfman ever get his package?  Wasn't he supposed to get something too?  And all of you guys asking for evidence (screen shots/ label pics/ etc) wouldn't it make more since to ask him for maybe a picture of the box it came in with a recently dated postmark?  I mean obviously he has the game. But some kind of proof whee it came from would seem to be the question.   Personally I don't know what to think this is all just too wild!

My recycling went out yesterday. I get roughly 10-20 packages a day. What would showing a picture of a postmark on a package prove?

To the people who wanted a picture of the cart in front of my TV playing in an Atari, which how do you want me to take the picture?

I get roughly 10-20 packages a day.  What would showing a picture of a postmark on a package prove?  

To the people who wanted a picture of the cart in front of my TV playing in an Atari, which how do you want me to take the picture?

Like I said, I was just pointing out that their 'evidence' (as in you playing the game) Didn't prove any more than you holding the cart. If you say you got the cart in the mail that's cool, I believe you. And man you get 10-20 packages a day? I hope you give your letter carrier a nice Christmas present!

I don't know why someone would make something up like this. How pathetic does your life have to be that you need to create a hoax of obtaining a rare Atari cart. Look at me, I'm gonna fool everyone into thinking someone gave me an ultra rare Atari cart for free.If this is a hoax I would say that you need to get out more, but I would like to think that its just a great stroke of luck and if so congrats.