IGNORED

Beef Drop work in progress

kenfused

The garbage at the bottom of the screen only appears on the Highscore screens, correct? That's because the HSC.ROM is NTSC

Yes, it does this on all HSC games on PAL. Some/most even crash when entering the hi-score screen. Thus I run all PAL games without HSC.

Robert[/b]

Until now I only tried beef drop with hsc functionality aside from some garbage at the bottom of the screen it runs perfect.

I took a quick look at the cc bootrom and didn't found the original hsc rom code into it. Did chad reprogrammed the hsc stuff?

I took a quick look at the cc bootrom and didn't found the original hsc rom code into it. Did chad reprogrammed the hsc stuff?

The hi-score cart rom is a seperate file in the STARTUP directory and not included in the CC bootrom.

The HSC.ROM file in the STARTUP directory is the same as the rom dump I have of the Hi-score card.

Robert

The hi-score cart rom is a seperate file in the STARTUP directory and not included in the CC bootrom.

The HSC.ROM file in the STARTUP directory is the same as the rom dump I have of the Hi-score card.

Robert

Thanks for the useful hint.

I will play around with it a bit :)

Hey Ken, Eric, and Bruce,

I just wanted to let you guys know that you're to blame, err, I mean to praise for inspiring me to make more CC2s.

Two points really stuck out for me.

First I have Bruce going around telling everyone how the CC2 was the easily accesible dev system that people had been waiting on (and thus making me feel guilty that they were no long available) to start doing 7800 homebrews.

Second Ken actually porting a game that I really liked! Maybe I'll get some more if I throw more carts out there. (Serpentine anyone?)

And Eric, just because you're not in the two points above, I do appreciate the work you've done to inspire 7800 programming. Starting up the mailing list, writing Space War and demos, and trying tirelessly to explain the reasons why 7800 does not equal NES. :)

So everyone out there who wanted a CC2 but didn't get one, be sure to thank these guys, and the others like Schmutzpuppe and Heaven/TQA, and to encourage them to keep up their good work.

Chad

• 4 weeks later...
Prelimary support for a frequently requested enhancement.  Still needs a little more work but see if you can figure out what it is.

Hmm, did the baddies reappear from the dropped burger parts on the previous version. I can't remember now.

Mitch

Found a glitch playing on the CC2... In the attached pic, I had just walked from right to left to collect the french fry. After I got it, it didn't totally disappear and part of it dropped below the platform. This never went away until the next french fry appeared. I got that one and the same thing happened.

post-590-1109201921_thumb.jpg

Found a glitch playing on the CC2... In the attached pic, I had just walked from right to left to collect the french fry. After I got it, it didn't totally disappear and part of it dropped below the platform. This never went away until the next french fry appeared. I got that one and the same thing happened.
This had me worried at first. Characters that make up the top part of fries are actually special characters in the screen map meaning a ladder a bad guy can go up on that should display as a walkway,. When the fries are removed it doesn't make this adjustment and isn't converting it back to a walkway. The fact that it is the top of the fries is actually a coincidence since I picked characters that are not in the screen definition.

Probably too much information but easy enough to fix. Thanks for the report. Fixed version attached.

bd7800demo.zip

Fixed the enemies taking invisible ladders problem.

Looking better and better all the time, kenfused! :D

Y'know, I showed this game to some friends of mine at college. Blew their minds that there were still folks out there programming games for these older consoles. Just wish I had the ability to learn the coding needed. Unfortunately I'm being fed a 600-page Java book through a funnel at the moment. :lolblue:

At any rate, keep up the good work! Looking very impressive. :D

Improved enemy spawning at point-of-drop code to behave close to how the arcade version behaves (as far as not being able to drop or smash enemies for a short while after they spawn, and their not hurting you. You can pepper them though but they are safe and the safe time resumes when the pepper wears off).

Fixed problems with adkins mode (for anyone that has paused to figured out how to enable it). There are problem with "More" mode if anyone figures out how to enable it since since some of the screens are not physically present until I free up some space for them

--Ken

bd7800demo.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that it isn't pulling the high scores from the high score cart list, and putting them on the high score on the top of the screen.

Asteroids does this, and probably others that use the hsc. As soon as you turn the power on it has the high score displayed at the top of the screen for the chosen difficulty.

I noticed that it isn't pulling the high scores from the high score cart list, and putting them on the high score on the top of the screen.  

Asteroids does this, and probably others that use the hsc. As soon as you turn the power on it has the high score displayed at the top of the screen for the chosen difficulty.

I couldn't figure out how to do that. But if asteroids does that maybe it is something I can look at.

• 2 weeks later...