IGNORED

Top 100 2600 games of all time

Damon Plus

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it a bit unfair to count Asterix and Taz as two different games on this list, while in reality they are the European and U.S. release of the same game?

Sorry, I had no idea. When I get a chance to update the list, I'll combine the scores. Any other duplicates, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Update again!

Old list:

1. Midnight Magic

2. Stargate/Defender II

3. H.E.R.O.

4. Cosmic Ark

5. Joust

6. Battlezone

7. River Raid

8. Kaboom!

9. Adventure

10. Asteroids

New List:

1. Missile Command

2. Midnight Magic

3. Stargate/Defender II

4. Cosmic Ark

5. Joust

6. Phoenix

7. Battlezone

8. Keystone Kapers

9. Kaboom!

10. River Raid

My list...

1. Boulder Dash

Miss 2600 doesn't put homebrews on the list anymore.

What's a homebrew? :) We've been through this before. It's an artificial division.

Boulder Dash is an officially licensed game, commercially released.

I agree that BD should make the list. Unfortunately, most of us voted before BD even existed, so its not likely to ever make the list...

I would most likely have it in my top 10 and certinly in my top 20 (i'd have to think about it exactly). I think Miss 2600 was updating the list and I dont know whether she is accepting edits to the list given it was a manual voting process, not a poll. I guess its up to her to advise if she is willing to update the lists and if so, for us to update our votes...

My list...

1. Boulder Dash

Miss 2600 doesn't put homebrews on the list anymore.

What's a homebrew? :) We've been through this before. It's an artificial division.

Boulder Dash is an officially licensed game, commercially released.

So you're saying Boulder Dash just lost his first place in the hombrew carts.

And that I should ban it from my homebrew collection :(

Personally I think beeing lincesed by First Star Software is really great, a historical fact in .... ... the homebrew scene.

Yes, I prefer to consider BD as homebrew because I can say you and Thomas worked as a community, in a community and for a community of Atari lovers much more than I could say it was a product developed as a business, in a company and for the market of gaming.

As I've heard, BD engine was/will be released in prol of everyone. That's really great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really want to see more companies joining the great Atari homebrewers like FSS did. Big companies can cooperate with homebrew games.

Imagine Bomberman (like suggested in BD thread) licensed by Konami (current owner of Bandai) joining us!

Hmmmmmm...I'd rather see Boulder Dash included in a homebrews list only because it was not released back in the day. That's just my take but, if people want it included here, I'll include it. I'd like to see a new Top Games thread for just homebrews. You can always submit new lists. I keep index cards of member's lists so I will, hopefully, spot replacements and not double count.

I've got a lot of lists to add. I've been slacking.

In my opinion, only Atari carts are "officially" released. The rest are third party releases that didn't have a license from Atari. I consider homebrews third party also, I use the word to refer to third party carts not released back in the day. I would consider AtariAge a modern third party. I would consider BD an AtariAge game with a license from another third party. I don't even really like the word homebrew. I just use it because people know what I'm talking about. I would prefer the categories to be Atari official releases, classic third party, and modern third party. BD is a modern third party game. If it gets put in the list then I think all modern third party carts should be allowed. But I do believe it and all other "homebrews" ,hacks, pirate carts, Supercharger,... should be allowed because the title is Top 100 2600 games of all time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In no particular order:

Circus Atari

Missile Command

Superman (better than Adventure... *ducks)

Defender II

Ms Pac Man

River Raid

HERO

Space Invaders

Frogger (Supercharger version is best, but I'd even pick PB if SC games are out)

For my last game I am torn between adding Combat because of it's fun factor, or trying to put in a sports game...either Realsports Baseball or M Network Football

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...