IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 8: Jr. Pac-Man

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss this game, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

My playgrounds are full of challenging mazes with corners and alleys to hide in. I run faster than a speeding roller skate, ducking behind barriers, dodging those mean bullies. I can even race from one side of a playground to the other. That's a lot of ground to cover! But I've got to play a lot harder than my folks to live up to the family name, because I'm Jr. Pac-Man!

Game Information
Released By Atari
Left Difficulty Not applicable
Right Difficulty Not applicable
Game Mode Default Setting (Tricycle)
Chosen By Stingray

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, March 14th at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be video game addict! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you don't have this game, you can find a copy of the rom right here.

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a reply saying so, and I'll add you to the list!

High Scores
[*]silverfuji.gif43,680 (chrisbid) [+10]
[*]bronzefuji.gif41,240 (sku_u) [+9]
[*]40,490 (Fellow Atari Man) [+8]
[*]39,720 (Christophero Sly) [+7]
[*]38,010 (StanJr) [+6]
[*]36,550 (Malc74) [+5]
[*]36,150 (Bubbledragon) [+4]
[*]31,240 (video game addict) [+3]
[*]31,180 (keilbaca) [+2]
[*]30,380 (Robert M) [+1]
[*]29,110 (Stingray) [+1]
[*]27,410 (vdub_bobby) [+1]
[*]27,220 (Dones) [+1]
[*]23,740 (gospeedde) [+1]
[*]21,570 (Keir) [+1]
[*]21,280 (Philflound) [+1]
[*]18,710 (Goochman) [+1]
18,710 (LarcenTyler) [+1]
[*]13,150 (chubsta) [+1]
[*]12,910 (scogey) [+1]
[*]12,270 (Blackjack) [+1]
[*]12,160 (Gamemaster_ca_2003) [+1]
[*]10,040 (khryssun) [+1]
[*]8500 (Voch) [+1]
[*]4960 (Dan Iacovelli) [+1]:
(Default Settings)
1,794,250 (Robert Macauley)
[*]902,650 (Mark Feldt)
[*]340,730 (Ron Corcoran)

Best Tips:

Beat the Champ (Get Double Points!)

Bounties and Challenges
None yet
[*]To post a bounty, PM me with the details

Score Statistics
Average Score: 25,991
[*]Std. Deviation: 12,063
[*]Total Score: 675,770

Current Standings
[*]StanJr [68]
[*]sku_u [29]
[*]racer raul [29]
[*]KaeruYojimbo [26]
[*]Osbo [23]
[*]Christophero Sly [22]
[*]video game addict [22]
[*]Dones [20]
[*]Malc74 [18]
[*]Blackjack [17]
[*]chrisbid [17]
[*]yuppicide [15]
[*]LarcenTyler [15]
[*]chubsta [15]
[*]candiru [14]
[*]Cybergoth [14]
[*]Fellow Atari Man [14]
[*]Keir [13]
[*]cvga [13]
[*]gospeedde [12]
[*]Philflound [12]
[*]Robert M [10]
[*]vdub_bobby [8]
[*]pitfallaimee [8]
[*]Goochman [8]
[*]Numan [8]
[*]Dan Iacovelli [7]
[*]adams_ale [6]
[*]Gamemaster_ca_2003 [4]
[*]BydoEmpire [3]
[*]kemsted [3]
[*]mikeftrevino [2]
[*]128bytes [2]
[*]Chris++ [1]
[*]Voch [1]
[*]awsomo3000 [1]
[*]madbutscher [1]
[*]Scooterb23 [1]
[*]bjk7382 [1]
[*]Stingray [1]
[*]iguana [1]
[*]khryssun [1]
[*]Gateway [1]
Standings are current as of the beginning of this week, and do NOT include
points from this week's game. If you think there has been a mistake in
any of the scoring, please contact me.

Member List
video game addict, pitfallaimee, Blackjack, racer raul, Robert M, Dan Iacovelli, iguana, Gateway, gospeedde, KaeruYojimbo, bjk7382, Christophero Sly, yuppicide, madbutscher, the 5th ghost, Scooterb23, khryssun, Malc74, chubsta, Keir, Philflound, candiru, kemsted, keilbaca, Cybergoth, sku_u, Chris++, cvga, LarcenTyler, 128bytes, Goochman, mikeftrevino, StanJr, Osbo, Numan, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, awsomo3000, Voch, Stingray, Bubbledragon

Scoring Points in Pac-Man - Unknown, let us know if you can do it

Hints and Tips
As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, then you can always check out this typed copy of the manual hosted right here at AtariAge.

What's that? You're too lazy to click that link? Well, here's the hints that it provides:
Don't let Jr. Pac-Man eat the power pills too early. Wait until the bullies gain on him, then have him tease them toward a pill, quickly gobble it, and immediately chase them.
[*]Have Junior eat as many dots as he can before he east the power pills. This gives him more clear paths for chasing bullies.
[*]Dots worth ten points slow Jr. Pac-Man down. Dots worth 50 points slow him down even more. So, when the bullies close in, have Junior dash into a clear path to outrun them.
[*]Jr. Pac-Man turns corners faster than the ghost bullies. When the bullies are closing in, have him make lots of direction changes to outrun them.
[*]Get to know the bullies' personalities. Each one is unique, and you can use that fact to your advantage.
[*]Allow the toy candies to transform as many dots as possible into 50-point dots. But have Junior eat the candies before they destroy the power pills.
[*]Pay attention to game sounds, such as the tromping sound of toy candies. They'll clue you to what's happening in parts of the maze you can't see.

Good luck everyone!

--Ze_ro

(The Manual)
*Try to get the dots around the ghost pen as soon as possible, due to the prize not being able to transform them into the super dots, you'll move faster in the area once it's cleared, and it's a dangerous area in general anyway.

*Learn the layout of the mazes! There's nothing worse than being stuck in a corridor where the only way out is to eat an energizer when you don't absolutely have to.

*Since the ghosts don't stay blue for very long, the energizers should be used (when possible) to try to find the prize and eat it as soon as possible.

*The light orange/tan-colored ghost usually doesn't actively chase you. So keep that in mind as you chose your next course of action as you go throughout the maze.

*Try to get the energizers that are in the center of a maze first, they're the hardest; the easiest ones to get are in the corners.

(Fellow Atari Man)
1. Don't concern yourself with the tricycle. If it comes in your path, fine, but don't waste time seeking it out.

2. 1st board is probably the best to try and set up the ghosts for a full score. They stay blinking the longest, so you'll want to get as high a score as possible before clearing the board. So try and eat 3-4 ghosts with each powerpill.

3. Try to clear the maze without using power pills as long as you can. Sometimes the ghosts will follow a pattern, but it seems to me the blue and red always follow you, so don't expect them to ditch down the side.

(Philflound)

Well, I guess we never encountered this situation before. Probably should have set up something in advance.

1. Have the next picker submit their game by Sunday.

2. Have the following person also submit their game. That way there are two games in the queue, in case the first person doesn't come through.

Also, no one ever answered me as to a link for the 1st season games. I have no idea what was played last year.

Phil

Alright, the game is Jr. Pac-Man, and since Stingray didn't say what difficulty level, lets go with difficulty 4 (Toy Candy). Apparently, March is Pac-Man week :roll:

Post your scores right here in this thread, I'll change the first post to have all the usual info in it.

--Zero

Alright, the game is Jr. Pac-Man, and since Stingray didn't say what difficulty level, lets go with difficulty 4 (Toy Candy). Apparently, March is Pac-Man week :roll:

Post your scores right here in this thread, I'll change the first post to have all the usual info in it.

--Zero

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I could have lived without knowing that...

;) Just kidding.