IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 8: Jr. Pac-Man

Ze_ro

ok, this is what's going on, at least over here. If I eat the power pellet and there's two ghost together, after eating the first one, the second one disappears... and I only get points for the only one I get to eat!

anyways... little improvement 29.270

post-219-1110402318_thumb.jpg

OK, tried the first setting and got 16,580. I think this game is great. I'm having trouble even getting to the other mazes, but I lovethe fact that there are different mazes and that they are so big. They're more like actual mazes than say Pac-Man which looks more like a cluttered Combat obstacle course.

I have a few tips for this game.

1. Don't concern yourself with the tricycle. If it comes in your path, fine, but don't waste time seeking it out.

2. 1st board is probably the best to try and set up the ghosts for a full score. They stay blinking the longest, so you'll want to get as high a score as possible before clearing the board. So try and eat 3-4 ghosts with each powerpill.

3. Try to clear the maze without using power pills as long as you can. Sometimes the ghosts will follow a pattern, but it seems to me the blue and red always follow you, so don't expect them to ditch down the side.

That's about all I can say. Good luck to everyone.

Phil

This was one of the later games that I first picked up for the 2600 when I started collecting for it. After playing it for about 15 seconds, I thought, "how in the HECK did they get the 2600 do to THIS????"

It's 16K, and has some kind of "super chip" to run it.

Barely beat my high score after HOURS of playing tonight; think I've had enough of this one.

Couple last tips:

*The light orange/tan-colored ghost usually doesn't actively chase you. So keep that in mind as you chose your next course of action as you go throughout the maze.

*Try to get the energizers that are in the center of a maze first, they're the hardest; the easiest ones to get are in the corners.

post-3650-1110439238.jpg