IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 8: Jr. Pac-Man

Ze_ro

Well, Jr. Pac-man has claimed 3, yes count them, 3, gemstiks. :sad: Let's see if it will also destroy this big fat Spectravideo stick I have here. If it does, I'm out, its the last stick I've got! The HSC has killed 5 sticks in all (2 Tac2's and 3 Gemstiks) :sad: Stupid HSC. I blame keilbaca. :P ;) :D

No new scores, but lots of frustration. :x :x :x

the best strategy i can come up with (staying true to the grade school theme) is to keep your room clean. by that i mean when you nab a power pellet and eat whatever ghosts are in reach, use the brief moment of freedom you have to clean up the dots in the area around where the pellet was. the key is to have the fewest random patches of dots as possible after you eat all of the power pellets in the stage. as it is very easy to lose two or more lives trying to clean up these messes near the end of a stage.

as for personal goals to set, my goal when playing the game is to only lose one life per maze. Basically, use your first life to rack up as many points as possible. If you die, then use the Run Like Hell™ tactic to clean up the rest of the board. You obviously have to go after ghosts to get a decent score, so dont shy away from them for the entire game. If all works well, you can reach the fourth maze with a fairly good score.

*sighs* this sucks... I never got a chance to play yesterday... and now I'm stuck at work, seeing myself in 9th place (for now)... :mad:

No sniping! :wink: :D

I'm done with this one. I had a few more games today but couldn't improve. I was pretty excited at one point because I got off level 1 without losing a life and with about 18,000 points, but then I lost all my lives, in quick succession, on level 2. :x This one is just too frustrating to play any more.

Here's to never having to play a Pac Man game in the HSC ever again! :D

*sighs* this sucks... I never got a chance to play yesterday... and now I'm stuck at work, seeing myself in 9th place (for now)... :mad:

No sniping! :wink: :D

I'm done with this one. I had a few more games today but couldn't improve. I was pretty excited at one point because I got off level 1 without losing a life and with about 18,000 points, but then I lost all my lives, in quick succession, on level 2. :x This one is just too frustrating to play any more.

Here's to never having to play a Pac Man game in the HSC ever again! :D

I don't snipe... oh well, I guess stan caught up somewhat on the points. However, my last day of work is friday. I'll be back!

I'm not in the contest, but I hadn't played Jr Pac-man in a while. I was able to get 81135 after playing for about 6 hours straight. I have no idea how Robert was able to get 1.7 million. I can easily get through the first 4 mazes without getting killed, but the 5th maze (train) gets me everytime. If i'm lucky to get through that one, I can get to the 7th maze where I usually die.