IGNORED

Welcome to the New Server! (Please Read)

Albert

What's the equivalent of "show me threads I've posted to that have new activity"? That's the view that I most relied on to keep up with AtariAge...I see "show threads that I've statrt that have new activity" but that's not the same...

835147[/snapback]

Right now your best bet is to go to the search page and plug your name into the 'Filter by member name' field and check the box that says 'match exact name'. I'm looking into setting up a 'one click solution' but in the meantime this should do the trick :)

835170[/snapback]

I've tried this and it only shows older threads and nothing I've posted within the last week.

What's up with that?

I dont think anything can be done about it, but any threads that have link to old threads obviously dont work.

Other than that things seem to be good.

Edited by Shannon

What is the  "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" tab for?  It is in 'My Controls' dose this mean that some functions are going to be paid members only in future? If so what kind?

We aren't going to be using the "Subscriptions Manager" feature of the forum, but I haven't yet figured out how to remove that option in the control panel. I'll rip it out manually if I have to. :)

Ah, I see you take the same Forum Editing classes I do. When in doubt, rip it out. :cool:

836501[/snapback]

*nods* :)

836502[/snapback]

It has officially been ripped out of the user control panel. I can't believe there was no place to turn that stupid thing off.

What's the equivalent of "show me threads I've posted to that have new activity"? That's the view that I most relied on to keep up with AtariAge...I see "show threads that I've statrt that have new activity" but that's not the same...

835147[/snapback]

Right now your best bet is to go to the search page and plug your name into the 'Filter by member name' field and check the box that says 'match exact name'. I'm looking into setting up a 'one click solution' but in the meantime this should do the trick :)

835170[/snapback]

I've tried this and it only shows older threads and nothing I've posted within the last week.

What's up with that?

I dont think anything can be done about it, but any threads that have link to old threads obviously dont work.

Other than that things seem to be good.

836590[/snapback]

Yeah, the search thing is just odd. It's on the list of things to look at.

The results of the polls are weird, will this only affect transfered polls?

835519[/snapback]

Whoa, that's totally screwed up. I'm guessing that's a bug in the conversion process, I know new polls will not have that problem. I should be able to fix the conversion script and re-import all the polls, thanks for pointing this out.

..Al

835573[/snapback]

Okay, I have fixed all the polls. :)

..Al

Got an interesting quirk here. The icons on the left to indicate new messages since you were last on the board don't seem to clear out properly when I return to the boards. The only way to clear them out is to click "mark all messages as read".

And this is even after viewing the boards on two separate PCs.

eg. I visit here at 4pm and then I visit here on another PC at 9pm. There are still messages marked orange from before 4pm when I'm on at 9pm. Or is this intentional just to show what ones I've not read fullstop?

Before it would highlight those which were new since I last came here....

Holy crap! Do I REALLY need one email for every post? Turn it back to how it was! :-o

I see the URL is at the top now, but now I have 40 emails from AtariAge for all my topics! I want one single email per topic.

I hope you were just testing the waters with that one.

Holy crap! Do I REALLY need one email for every post? Turn it back to how it was! :-o

I see the URL is at the top now, but now I have 40 emails from AtariAge for all my topics! I want one single email per topic.

837049[/snapback]

The only thing I changed was the layout of the subject and content of the emails, I did not change the actual mechanism used to send the emails out. I do not know if the forum actually keeps track of the fact that it has already sent you an email for any given topic after you've been notified once. You can try using the "Delayed Email Notification" and that should cut down on the number of messages you receive. Also, I would make sure you are not subscribed to individual topics within the forum.

..Al

837049[/snapback]

The only thing I changed was the layout of the subject and content of the emails, I did not change the actual mechanism used to send the emails out. I do not know if the forum actually keeps track of the fact that it has already sent you an email for any given topic after you've been notified once. You can try using the "Delayed Email Notification" and that should cut down on the number of messages you receive. Also, I would make sure you are not subscribed to individual topics within the forum.

..Al

837064[/snapback]

Uhh.. jiggawha??

I didn't change anything either. It was working fine yesterday. One email per visit. Then all of a sudden I come home to a full inbox!

I'm looking at the Email prefs now, I am wary of "Delayed" as I don't know what it means! What does Delayed mean? I want it to email me once when someone replies, then not email me again until I visit the topic and someone makes another reply. Like every other forum out there does it.

Also, I found an option to turn off the Post content being sent.. I think. So that's fine, but I'm afraid I'm going to get a ton of emails still. Just define Delayed!

Edit: Okay, after turning off the post content part, I got a reply note that says "There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.", but the problem is the emails I was getting before when I was getting multiple ones said the same thing, only instead of "1" it spelled out "one". Weird. But let's hope it's fixed... I'll find out at 5PM.

Edited by Jasoco

I'm looking at the Email prefs now, I am wary of "Delayed" as I don't know what it means! What does Delayed mean? I want it to email me once when someone replies, then not email me again until I visit the topic and someone makes another reply. Like every other forum out there does it.

Delayed is defined as, "This option will send out a notification if a new topic or reply has been made and you're not active on the board." So, this is probably the preferable option unless for some reason you want emails while you're logged into the forum.

Edit: Okay, after turning off the post content part, I got a reply note that says "There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.", but the problem is the emails I was getting before when I was getting multiple ones said the same thing, only instead of "1" it spelled out "one". Weird. But let's hope it's fixed... I'll find out at 5PM.

837071[/snapback]

Whoops, I didn't change the spelling of "1" in the other email template, will have to change that one.

..Al

I DO want emails when I'm logged in. I don't ever actually log out, sometimes I have a window open. I can't be forced to close all AA windows just to get emails. I don't even go to those "View posts since last visit" pages. I just want it to work like it used to. :(

I DO want emails when I'm logged in. I don't ever actually log out, sometimes I have a window open. I can't be forced to close all AA windows just to get emails. I don't even go to those "View posts since last visit" pages. I just want it to work like it used to. :(

837080[/snapback]

Again, I didn't change anything, it should work the way every other Invision 2.0 board does.

..Al

I'm still having to log in every time as well.

- SS (to lazy to read the whole thread)

837121[/snapback]

Before I start playing with the cookie settings (which causes people get logged off), I need to try and gather some information about who is not staying logged in, what browser they are using and what OS, as well as a look at the individual cookies that are being set. Otherwise I am just taking shots in the dark.

..Al

I don't seem to be having any problems logging in. It's always logged in when I click the email links or my bookmark.

FireFox Nightly Mac OS X 10.3.8

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050405 Firefox/1.0+ (PowerBook)

And despite what it says, this is a Mac mini, not a PowerBook.

The only problem I get is the multiple emails every time someone replies rather than just one single one until I visit. And that's only annoying when I wake up or come home from work, especially if it's a busy topic. I tried Delayed and cloed my browser. Emails did not work. So Delayed is not the answer.

I'm still having to log in every time as well.

- SS (to lazy to read the whole thread)

837121[/snapback]

Before I start playing with the cookie settings (which causes people get logged off), I need to try and gather some information about who is not staying logged in, what browser they are using and what OS, as well as a look at the individual cookies that are being set. Otherwise I am just taking shots in the dark.

..Al

837315[/snapback]

I've been having to relog in.I use XP with Firefox 1.0 at home, and at work we're running windows 2000 and Internet Explorer.

the databse seems to have lost a few of messages and says last time I logged on was Apr 6 (friday).... not bothered really but this isn't correct ... as I was editing   a couple of messages yesterday (11 Apr)   :?:

Nick

835543[/snapback]

If you were logged in between 1am and 11am on Monday (the 11th), that is the cause of the problem. We made a backup of the forum database at 1am to transfer to the new server. Any changes after that point (including recording that you logged in) did not make the transition.

..Al

835569[/snapback]

Cheers

Nick