IGNORED

5 Million Copies of ET

atarigamer

....ahem.... whoever does dig up the hole with the carts in ...could you please wait a few days before filling it back in ..SO I CAN CHUCK THE HAIRY LIPPED BITCH I MARRIED IN, ALONG WITH HER FAT ASS MOTHER!!!! (they are Atari haters and justice must be served)

Then, after i have flung them in , we could use the hole as a public toilet and THEN fill it back in ..maybe even slip in some nuclear waste ...who cares! go mad!

What a great idea for a game !!!! mmmmm what to call it though ?

quote:

Originally posted by moycon:

She cancelled it cuz she didnt realize the two of you were in on the joke. I think she was afraid someone would win it expecting to get the cart.... She really should have not made it sound so convincing...I mean the description was funny and all...But in the end she did promise a cart from the landfill.

i allready saw her posting at DP yesterday, saying "if the contest rules are as simple as this, she could take her car, roll over an et cart a few time and get out her flame-thrower ....

then she posted her auction. i bid on it.

at the DP message boards, pleople started jocking about it ...

later i sent her a mail, saying she'd better let her her car's motor running and should get out the flamethrower

and she should start photoshop/corel and make me a nice (faked) certificate for this (even if it's fake) truly unique item....

i guess she's too lazy, or doesn't have a flamethrower ....

well, i admired her for the good joke (thought it's worth a few $) ..... now i think she's a dumb-ass ....

i wonder if malix reported it to the security team, fearing he cart would cost him too much dollars?

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

i wonder if malix reported it to the security team, fearing he cart would cost him too much dollars?

Ha Ha

Na I am kind of disapointed she cancelled it. She could have done like you said, had some imagination and made us something we would have liked. Instead she chickened out and bailed.

I was having fun with this one.

yes, what a chicken ....

Al, let's open up a new section for pics/links: "Worst ebay-seller of the month"

this month we have the guy with the ultrabrutallyrare combat carts, our ET chicken, ... what else did i forget? ahh, the socks and shoes ....

Well I don't think she a dumb-ass...I do think she chickened out tho...And probably with good reason. She didn't leave herself an out on that one. She promised something she couldn't deliver and thats why I didnt like the auction...If only she had made it ultra obvious it was a scam It would have been cooler. I mean you both were in on the joke...But like I said some dude might see the bids on it...Not even half ass read the description and see that it comes with a certificate and everything and get into a 3 way bidding war expecting to come out of it all with a great piece of Atari lore.... Unfortunately the auction was funny but ultimately could have got her in trouble..I think thats why she cancelled.

• 2 months later...

FOR SHAME PEOPLE!

I hold the record for the longest time this thread has gone before being revived!! I am the supreme guy!

March 7th was when this thread was last responded to.

Thanks to the new Statistics feature in this new message board, I responded to this thread.

I was hoping that one of my threads would've made it on the "most responded to" list...one almost did: "Relationships: The Great American Conspiracy"

Well hey, was that an actual satellite view of the site in Alamongordo whatever place?

Is there a site where I could go to zoom in on Alamongordo somewhere in a desert to see what I could see?

Um, and the other thing...I don't think it is at all crazy to go looking for the long lost site of Video Game Treasure, and I'd join in too, but I live quite a ways from New Mexico (I live in Minnesota).

That would be absolutely GREAT to get a bunch of us together and form an "exavation" team. And have a site devoted to it, journalling the progress.

It wouldn't even have to be consecutive days either, it could be over a long time.

Like not even digging, but doing the research on it...pinpointing a location, and then slowly beginning to pick away at it.

Maybe even purchase the landfill site somehow, through donations. That way it could be excavated completely without legal hassles.

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!

I wanted to have my name in one of the longest and most famous threads on the Atariage message board anyways!!!!

I miss this ol thread.

It really makes me mad that Pitfall Harry had to start that damn contest thread and steal our beloved E.T's thunder!!

I'm sure many people would want to find those carts. Even if they didn't work and were smashed and put into concrete. I still think people would want a "piece" of it. Imagine an ET landfill paperweight. Or an ET landfill sculpture. Etc...Etc...

Sure the target audience is small but there would be enough interest to get a group out there. I think it would be cool if at one of these conventions they had a tour of the landfill. Hell I'd go out there if only to be with fellow Atarians and drink a few beers.

I'll pass on the beer, but I live in central New Mexico; if anyone wants to plan something, I'll be glad to help. I'm not sure what I could do to augment the planning, though. As far as Alamogordo goes, it's a small, dull little town, so we'd have to meet somewhere else for coffee if we were really going to plan this out. Albuquerque's pretty much the only big city in this state.

CF

This does have "made for tv movie" written all over it:

So we waltz into this little backwards town, supercharger and cuttle carts in hand, and the locals look over at us funny, like they've seen more than they care to admit.

Along strolls a gentleman, in his late 90's, and says...."ya ain't from around here, is ya?"

You can't even get a word in edgewise, and he continues...

"bout maybe 6, 7 years ago some fellaz come a strolling in here, saizing they lookin' for long lost treasure, and I say---only treasure i no of is de ol gold mines up there on Potimus Bluff."

"Never did see em young fellaz ever again, some say they went snooping around at The Quarry, but you know what I think happened..."

And the story continues, actors include Jean Claude Van Dam as the Sheriff, and Paul Rubins is his sidekick.

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously played this game on Friday night at about 11:30pm.

I was showing a couple of my friends the game, since they said they remembered it.

The theme music at the beginning was pretty much the only good thing about it, and after that the game started getting progressively more horrible each second I played it. The sounds of those footsteps of those guys chasing ET, that just pissed me off.

Oh yeah, and this beloved thread must not be forgotton also!!

The only way for it to end is if the moderators were to lock it.

But ET would be left out in the cold...would you do this to him?

He's was already buried in New Mexico, and had cement poured on him, so I don't think he could handle any more abuse!

He's crying out for someone to save him....being buried in that rubble for the past 20 years. He was made to be played on the Atari 2600.

Reminds me somewhat of that movie: AI

That little boy was discarded, and it was a pretty sad ending overall.

Oh ET, can you forgive mankind for imprisoning you in that cement tomb??

• 2 months later...
hey Liquid sky and i plan on doing that next year. going and diggin . ill pick him up in texas on my way to CGE2k2. jackhammer is now on the check list

Sooo.. CGE2K2 has come and gone, but nobody at the show mentioned digging up the Atari landfill, so I assume it never happened. :)