IGNORED

Just bought a Flashback 2! They're at Walmart!

For those in the Washington, DC area...

I phoned the Walmart in Springfield, VA several times over the weekend, and on Sunday morning the guy in the toy department (HOW old am I again?) recognized my voice and told me that they had received a shipment Saturday night. There were 3 on the shelf after I grabbed mine. The salesperson actually said, "Hey, Mr. Atari! I was thinking of you last night when these came in."

Cheers,

Bill

I got mine friday at Sturbridge, MA walmart, they had 3 left.  I noticed several of the early Jakks and the FB1 now marked for clearance.

910434[/snapback]

geosteve - thanks for the tip! I drove out to Sturbridge from Putnam, CT and picked up the last 2. What a great feeling to see those on the shelf! :)

It even does something slightly different depending on how the color/bw switch is set...

912263[/snapback]

Very nice. Would be quite useful for the thrifters among us.

I've been looking for the hidden games with the hints from Wired magazine. Still haven't figured it out. :|

There are two "secret" games you can unlock. Vendel hints, "Go to the main menu and do a combo of joystick movements to indicate a special year in Atari's history."

I've been looking for the hidden games with the hints from Wired magazine.  Still haven't figured it out.  :|

There are two "secret" games you can unlock. Vendel hints, "Go to the main menu and do a combo of joystick movements to indicate a special year in Atari's history."

Well, if you think about the joystick being centered in a clock, try pushing towards the 1, then the 9, then the 7, then the 6, or various other dates - there can't be that many to try.

I've been looking for the hidden games with the hints from Wired magazine.  Still haven't figured it out.  :|

Well, if you think about the joystick being centered in a clock, try pushing towards the 1, then the 9, then the 7, then the 6, or various other dates - there can't be that many to try.

912377[/snapback]

The sticks only point 8 directions though, so you couldn't point to some of theose numbers.

Edited by Lord Helmet

912377[/snapback]

More likely something like:

Up 1x

Right 9x

Down 7x

Left 6x

Mike

912377[/snapback]

More likely something like:

Up 1x

Right 9x

Down 7x

Left 6x

Mike

912410[/snapback]

I tried that already, no good, I did it at the menu select screen.

Oh, I tried the turning on with the reset and select buttons pushed, then with the b&w. That's awesome, the b&w switch activates paddle testing and color it activates joystick testing. Now, the question is: why is there two fire buttons per player? :ponder:

Oh, if you guys are expriencing loose legacy controller problems, just get a sega genesis extender or a PC 9 pin cable with male/female. I'm using that and now I have no problems using the old controllers on it.

Edited by keilbaca

Just as a side note, I picked up an R/C battery from Radio Shack, 7.2 Volts, 2000 mA, and I've been running the FB2 all day so far (I'm home sick from work - spent most of the night in the bathroom - but we don't need to go there) :sad: since about 7:00 this morning (it's now 1:30) and it has not shown any signs of getting weak. I believe when I buy the FB2 that has the Quadrun voice, I'll mod that one instead for the Cart Port and the battery :)

Hint:

Starman (Mike) is *very* close to figuring out how to access the extra games - didn't you guys notice that left and right are used already to move the menu? :P

Edited by PacManPlus

Sorry, haven't kept up on all 8 pages of this thread but...

Is the FB2 available at any stores BESIDES Wal-Mart yet? I have not seen it at any Target I've been to. I would really like to avoid getting it at a Wal-Mart if I can help it.

As an aside, I was in a Wal-Mart Supercenter over the weekend in Cloquet, MN (I only go into Wal-Marts when I am traveling and have no alternative, and in this case we desperately NEEDED a potty chair, since we forgot to pack it), and I looked around carefully but did not spot an FB2 anywhere in the store. Are they out, or did I just pick a bad store?