IGNORED

Just bought a Flashback 2! They're at Walmart!

I got it to work! Now I know why there's a paddle test when you hold down the reset and select buttons on startup while having the B/W switch on.  :cool:

912743[/snapback]

That's not the only reason, don't forget if you press the fire button on the paddle controller on pong, you can use paddles...

They were in the toy department next to the Jaks game-on-a-stick things.

They're not in the electronics area

912742[/snapback]

Ah, THAT's my problem. I didn't look in the toy dept. Target (where I usually shop) sometimes puts the all-in-one joysticks in BOTH departments, but the Flashback has always been in electronics with the other video game systems.

They were in the toy department next to the Jaks game-on-a-stick things.

They're not in the electronics area

912742[/snapback]

Ah, THAT's my problem. I didn't look in the toy dept. Target (where I usually shop) sometimes puts the all-in-one joysticks in BOTH departments, but the Flashback has always been in electronics with the other video game systems.

913085[/snapback]

Well you figure, the single very first post in this thread says...

I decided to stroll over to the toy section and lo and behold, the Flashback 2!
;)

Though I got it, but so far no luck...

912722[/snapback]

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

I'd give you a hint but right now I'm too busy reading an article about the Vietnam War. It talks about how in 1972, the South was trying to contain the war lords in the North but they kept finding a way to break out.

912722[/snapback]

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

I'd give you a hint but right now I'm too busy reading an article about the Vietnam War. It talks about how in 1972, the South was trying to contain the war lords in the North but they kept finding a way to break out.

913180[/snapback]

Good one ;)

912722[/snapback]

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

913180[/snapback]

LOL. I think I know what you're talking about... :ponder:

Trust me. U are looking at the problem too hard. Everything is already posted(to a degree). Just gotta tweak it a lil. And I do mean very little.

And to anyone who already got the secret, please don't ever post the exact code.

913440[/snapback]

I know it has to something simple..Thats why I fel like a big dumby :)

I'll give another hint. As stated before it is based on a certain famous date.

The first two numbers should be obvious.

And as I said before the last number is a given. As soon as you reach it the menu comes up.

That just leaves the third number for yall to figure out. :lol:

:lolblue: :lolblue:

914699[/snapback]

Well, I give up... I have tried the clock postions, I have tried the 1up 9right etc positions as other hints suggested, and all the dates for each one, and still nothing..

Maybe I have a bad unit..

I saw 5 of them at the St. Petersburg Walmart on S. 34th St. if anyone is in the area. They were in the toy department way up on the top shelf like others have mentioned but they had stocking plans on the shelves so they might be ready to go into rotation this week. I didn't get one, I preordered one and I'll wait to see if it's a buggy one when I get it in the mail this week :)

Edited by oesii

:lolblue: :lolblue:

914699[/snapback]

Well, I give up... I have tried the clock postions, I have tried the 1up 9right etc positions as other hints suggested, and all the dates for each one, and still nothing..

Maybe I have a bad unit..

915343[/snapback]

I guess you haven't looked at my signature very carefully.... :ponder:

I guess you haven't looked at my signature very carefully....  :ponder:

915438[/snapback]

I tried pushing the controller up once, down nine times, etc. and it didn't seem to do anything special. Is there some required cadence or anything?

915447[/snapback]

I honestly think there must be units with missing hidden games... I do understand how it should be done, however when I do it nothing happens at all...

I have tried over and over, different speeds, resetting the unit etc...

I will just have to wait until the Quadra Run fixed voice versions hit the store..

I guess you haven't looked at my signature very carefully....  :ponder:

915438[/snapback]

I tried pushing the controller up once, down nine times, etc. and it didn't seem to do anything special. Is there some required cadence or anything?

915447[/snapback]

I honestly think there must be units with missing hidden games... I do understand how it should be done, however when I do it nothing happens at all...

I have tried over and over, different speeds, resetting the unit etc...

I will just have to wait until the Quadra Run fixed voice versions hit the store..

915557[/snapback]

Damn. That sucks :( Iguess I should try my other unit and make sure it has the same functionality...

Bob

found one this morning!

looked yesterday at the Wal-Mart up in the 'burbs and found nothin'...just went to the new Supercenter down the road in Amish country, and there was one left. i'll probably take it over to my brother's later and give it to my 6 year old nephew.