IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2006 6/3-6/4

Crimefighter

Just curious, wasn't there supposed to be a "midwest video championship"? Didn't look like that went down at all.

Yawn...I haven't won much stuff yet...looks like my best chance is two games on the Jaguar they're doing tomorrow which I best inquire about.

One more pinball tourney, oddball pinballs...Fast Break, where scoring is done solely by shooting baskets, the rest is irrelavent.

It looks like I should make it to MGC on Sunday. I'm not helping out with a JagFest or anything this time... just a quick trip from home. My wife and seven-month-old will be coming along this time, too: the first gaming convention of any sort for either of them.

My relevant question: does anyone know how young children's admissions are done at MGC? We've taken Gray to zoos, movies, baseball games, etc. and he's been free at all of them; will that be the case for the little guy tomorrow? He'll probably be riding around in a Baby Bjorn while stand well away from the pinball tables to protect them from being slimed by teething drool. I'm hoping that he'll be free, as my wife is likely to freak at the $10 admission price otherwise.

-Eric

It looks like I should make it to MGC on Sunday. I'm not helping out with a JagFest or anything this time... just a quick trip from home. My wife and seven-month-old will be coming along this time, too: the first gaming convention of any sort for either of them.

My relevant question: does anyone know how young children's admissions are done at MGC? We've taken Gray to zoos, movies, baseball games, etc. and he's been free at all of them; will that be the case for the little guy tomorrow? He'll probably be riding around in a Baby Bjorn while stand well away from the pinball tables to protect them from being slimed by teething drool. I'm hoping that he'll be free, as my wife is likely to freak at the $10 admission price otherwise.

-Eric

Children 12 and under are free with a paid adult. :)

That is assuming you can find anyone to take your money. I spent about an hour there yesterday and saw no admission or sign-in area unless it had to do with a tournament.

Back from the show and the AA party. It was awesome. Great AA presence. I sold alot, bought alot, and had an f'n good time. I can't wait until next year. I'm getting a table as soon as they offer them. Thanks for capturing my finest moments above. Thanks Al, Matt, Dan, Dave, Christine and so many others for making my day at MWGC a blast.

That is assuming you can find anyone to take your money. I spent about an hour there yesterday and saw no admission or sign-in area unless it had to do with a tournament.

I was taking money for most of the day. The table is right outside the main hall.

What you had to do was go all the way doen the hall, and there were two tables set up by the entrance to the main room. They proudly took my money there.

The Jagfest room didn't have security officers checking for wristbands for some reason.

MIght I add that Tempest and Albert were exactly like I pictured them. A couple of drunken, bastards. Let's just say that Tempest knows his way around a six pack.

Seriously, they couldn't have been nicer. :) I'm looking forward to next year's show and meeting some more of you guys!

Edited by Inky

hey all, just got home from MGC(pictures will be coming soon(possibly a week)(and they will mostly be from the one area I was in mostly the Event hall,plus theres a few extra goodies from the after hours party in the AA suite).

over all Ihad good time the first three black shirts were sold to the three guys from japan, after that nothing until I left and I Rembered that Goatdan said to me via a post on a board, that if Ihave any left he'll buy three, and he did(thanks dan).

out of the 8 Ihad for sale I sold 6, chances are I prob won't be selling black shirts at show in august.

(might some extra goodies though)

I had a chance to sit in on a couple speaches(the hacking guy,Scott Addams, dan lossens welcome) unfortaly since Ihad nobody watching my stuff I had to miss some parts of them.

I saw two people selling a 7800 for 50.00, I was going to buy one(mine is a bust)but then I had no money(forgot to talke it out of bank and didn't have ATM card(even though corey did take credit cards, Istill didn't get it)Idid come out of the show witha nice MGC T-shirt I brought.

(2 bad things did happen though, 1 the hotel lost my reservation so Iah to get a new one(they had rooms available thank god)

2. the Event hall was like an iceberg, Ihad to leave it a couole times

to get warned up)

How was Ben Heckendorn's presentation. Anyone that can do all do that type of work and write a book about it ought to have a great presentation.

One of these days I need to buy his book, not that I could actually make anything. The pictures would be cool. Did he say anything about making any new consoles, or if he is taking any orders for handhelds?

How was Ben Heckendorn's presentation. Anyone that can do all do that type of work and write a book about it ought to have a great presentation.

One of these days I need to buy his book, not that I could actually make anything. The pictures would be cool. Did he say anything about making any new consoles, or if he is taking any orders for handhelds?

it was pretty cool, he went through a list of systems he did(I missed the portable jag one though,because like I said Ihad watch my stuff) Idon't know if he taking orders.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

hey all, just got home from MGC(pictures will be coming soon(possibly a week)(and they will mostly be from the one area I was in mostly the Event hall,plus theres a few extra goodies from the after hours party in the AA suite).

over all Ihad good time the first three black shirts were sold to the three guys from japan, after that nothing until I left and I Rembered that Goatdan said to me via a post on a board, that if Ihave any left he'll buy three, and he did(thanks dan).

out of the 8 Ihad for sale I sold 6, chances are I prob won't be selling black shirts at show in august.

(might some extra goodies though)

I had a chance to sit in on a couple speaches(the hacking guy,Scott Addams, dan lossens welcome) unfortaly since Ihad nobody watching my stuff I had to miss some parts of them.

I saw two people selling a 7800 for 50.00, I was going to buy one(mine is a bust)but then I had no money(forgot to talke it out of bank and didn't have ATM card(even though corey did take credit cards, Istill didn't get it)Idid come out of the show witha nice MGC T-shirt I brought.

(2 bad things did happen though, 1 the hotel lost my reservation so Iah to get a new one(they had rooms available thank god)

2. the Event hall was like an iceberg, Ihad to leave it a couole times

to get warned up)

here are the pics from MGC:

http://evite.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=djdi...z&x=0&y=-54488h

( I will be adding captions to the pictures later on)

Looks like my friend who came with me won the XBox 360 drawing! He called me at 1 AM last night while I was asleep to tell me. Somehow, I knew he would win it. Goat Store sent him an email about it earlier in the week. What a great gift...and all he had to do was pay $10 to get into the event.

I had a blast guys. Looking forward to next year and also the Video Game Summit this August in Lombard (if I can make it). Ianoid, thanks again for the 3D glasses for the Master System. I am having a ball with them. :)