IGNORED

Items for Atari 2600 manufactured in Brazil

Sr. Ferraz

My friend Ronaldo recently bought a very rare console of the manufacturer "Robby Game" complete in box.

He informed me that in reality is an adaptation of a console manufacturer by "Dactar". Was placed a plastic part with the logo (in relief) of Robby and everything was painted. Was also added new labels too.

Below pictures of the box, instructions, joysticks and console (with some details). I improved the images for better viewing.

Very rare to find !

Good week ! :)

post-7030-1249873020_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873061_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873089_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873116_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873184_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873214_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873268_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873356_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873400_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1249873466_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dear friend Lord Avallon,

Thank you for your fine words.

>> I added the name of the game in JVP carts on page 8 (Bobby Is Going Home) and the manufacturer DataSoft on page 11 (Q-Bert).

# I improved the pictures of my friend Marcus of the rare console "Atari Eletronica Ltda" that was imported and here in Brazil add the labels and the company was the manual and box (in Portuguese).

I also worked on the pictures (scans) of 2 games instructions (manual) of the equipment, I added one below (then add the other). The images of the instructions (scans) are courtesy of my friend Gilberto (he had one "Atari Eletronica Ltda", has no more).

The manual below is the game "Invasores Do Espaço" (Space Invaders). I'm not sure but the cartridges with name "Cartucho Programa" (page 8 ) may be of this equipment.

Wow Sr. Ferraz, I tought I was the only one to possess this console! I never found other than mine, besides the image has some problems, it´s working, my grandpa gave it to me, only the videogame, the inside is very different, there are two boards, one for the video and the buttons linked to another one, inserted in a metal box where the cartridge port is.

This Robby clone is very hard to find, I had never seen one in these conditions, fully complete, I have only one cartridge, Tennis, from the same company.

Congratulations once more!

• 6 months later...

Huh?

Never seen that one before.

Could be one from the Old series:

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-cce-old_label_295_2_G.html

No idea which game was hacked.

Perhaps Zoo Fun?

Great find!

Here's some info about the forest demon:

http://www.bing.com/reference/semhtml/Curupira?q=curupira

Man, I love this hobby.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the picture of curupira game.

The objective of this game is very simple, you move the redish guy (Curupira) around the screen to collect objects (fruits?) while dodge flying lines (arrows?).

Each 5 fruits collected the game increase 1 level, it's the same thing but with faster arrows. If you don't collect the fruit in few seconds, the game is over. My record is 31 fruits.

Is a really bad game, too simple and there is no sound.

Doesn't looks a hack, at least, know game by me . There's a number on end label, "C-347", don't know what it means.

What you think Rom? Hack or original? :)

post-10940-126980833174_thumb.jpg

Strange.

Never seen this one before.

It doesn't look like a hack to me.

But I don't believe in CCE originals, so IMO this game must be a game that was never released by another company and then taken over by CCE (like Stone Age for example).

Can you show better screenshots or (even better) a video of the game in play?

C-347 points towards the Old series, but the weird thing is that the measurements of the picture on the label is not consistent with those of the other titles from the Old series:

http://www.atarimania.com/screenshots_games_atari-2600-vcs-p_total-page-step-label_4-1-200-295_2_G.html

Also, the title (with its very specific South American background) doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the CCE titles.

Very strange indeed, but also very interesting.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Never seen that game before. Also I misread you post above as I didn't know that there was no sound.

My guess if it is a hack then game it was hacked from would use the same big numbers in the top left (probably built out of playfield blocks). I can't think of any of hand that have 2 big digits like that on the far left.

Have you tried all the switches? Sometimes the sound doesn't come on unless a player difficulty switch is in the correct position. Moon Patrol does that IIRC.

Looks like the first generation of games.

Maybe it's a hack of Combat in same level as Space jokey / Air raid, new game that uses an existing game as base.

CCE produced computers, apple 2 clones in 1981, they also created new software for their clones, this means they know how to code for the 6502.

Maybe this game is a small run of CCE original, just for test the market. With poor sales, they abandoned the project.

Even Bobby is going home is better.

Too bad because Curupira is a interesting character.

Edited by LS_Dracon

As I said before, I don't think that CCE made any originals themselves.

I honestly don't know what to say about this.

I can't think of any game that served as the original for this.

And if it is a proto, then it's weird that there's a printed label.

But then again: Words-Attack from Sancho is also an unfinished game.

8)

Looks like the first generation of games.

Maybe it's a hack of Combat in same level as Space jokey / Air raid, new game that uses an existing game as base.

CCE produced computers, apple 2 clones in 1981, they also created new software for their clones, this means they know how to code for the 6502.

so after all the dramas and discussions we've already had, air raid is gonna turn out to be a cheap brasilian hack?

:D

Well, tnx :)

I had the idea around January but sadly I didn't find free time to elaborate the prank better. My idea was "discover" the cart months ago and slowly post more information.

Some considerations :

1 - The fake cart was made in photoshop, with curupira image I found in google image (see the image below).

The television picture also was done in photoshop, my harmony cart arrive in the day I did the video (one of the first usage of my harmony cart)

2 - I told to RomHunter it's was a fake days ago, to avoid an embarassing AtariMania entry.

3 - My camera really sucks, it record 3 seconds of video and stop. It's not a fake. Bulls**t.

4 - A great brazilian collector send me a PM trying to buy this cart. I told to him about the prank and I earn a new friend, he help me with more information about cce carts, such the number C-347 witch is an unknow CCE number by now.

5 - Sadly, the AirRaid box drain all attentions, ruining audience for this prank.

6 - Didn't find time to finish the game code, it's why the colisions not work and miss the cce logo.

It was not the best april fools in Atariage but I tried to keep the tradition with a creative one.

post-10940-127016340956_thumb.jpg

Edited by LS_Dracon