IGNORED

OPERATION: TAIWAN

Rom Hunter

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE:

the only games on the cart are "Outlaw" (=Atari Outlaw) and "Cowboy" (=Activision Stampede) so it's a 2-in-1; it's a large cart and there is no room for a second cart in the box when you look at the inlays which holds the cart in the box.

Interesting.

So there's probably also a 2 in 1 - Basketball / Bowling V-Case out there.

Thanks for the scans, AtariBuff.

It's in the database now and will be mentioned on Atarimania's news-messages tomorrow:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=17621

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 10 months later...

Very nice Omega. What does the instruction book look like? ;)

It doesn't have one. This is the first one of these that I have ever owned and I was kind of wondering if they all are like that? I feel kinda cheated without instructions. Incidentally the inscription on the back of the box matches Chopper Command as well as all the photos, but the actual game is Sea Hawk. Weird.

It doesn't have one. This is the first one of these that I have ever owned and I was kind of wondering if they all are like that? I feel kinda cheated without instructions. Incidentally the inscription on the back of the box matches Chopper Command as well as all the photos, but the actual game is Sea Hawk. Weird.

Thats a real shame. I have come across a few Taiwan games boxed like that with no instruction manuals. I wonder if they never had any? ;)

Thats a real shame. I have come across a few Taiwan games boxed like that with no instruction manuals. I wonder if they never had any? ;)

Since this is my first one I can't say. I do imagine that they don't have instructions though. Marco would probably know.

I also have one boxed with no manual (Popeye), and was told by the person who sold it to me that they were all made that way.

BTW, it's for sale or trade if anyone wants it. The box is slightly squished but the cart and labels are excellent. I don't know if it's PAL since I have no known PAL carts and don't know if a PAL cart will roll the picture on any of my TVs (this Popeye does not). Can someone tell me what colors to look for to distinguish between NTSC and PAL Popeye on an NTSC console and TV?

I don't know if [my Taiwan Popeye is] PAL since I have no known PAL carts and don't know if a PAL cart will roll the picture on any of my TVs (this Popeye does not). Can someone tell me what colors to look for to distinguish between NTSC and PAL Popeye on an NTSC console and TV?
These screenshots are taken with Z26. :)

Thank you alex_79 for the screenshots! I can now confirm from them and comparing to my Parker Brothers copy (duh, why didn't I think of that before?) that my Taiwan Cooper Popeye is definitely NTSC -- green platforms and blue water.

• 2 weeks later...

post-7074-1176222433_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1176222444_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1176222459_thumb.jpg

Keystone_Kapers__Taiwan_Cooper_.BIN

This rom is definitely NTSC. It should be noted that the Activision logo was removed and the color bars remain like Zellers Busy Police. Unlike Busy Police the copyright 1983 has also been removed.

post-7074-1176222477_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1176222492_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1176222503_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1176222511_thumb.jpg

Mission_3000_A_D__Taiwan_Cooper_.BIN

This matches the other rom out there 100% according to Clonespy. I also dumped a 4in1 Dactar cart and it matched that rom as well. I don't know whether to call it PAL-M or NTSC. Is there a PAL version of this game? What do the colors look like?

post-7074-1176222995_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1176223003_thumb.jpg

I've never owned carts like these before. The Mission 3000 A D has a locking trap, but the Keystone Kapers is open-ended. Mission 3000 A D has "SS" on the back of it while the Keystone Kapers simply says "Made in Taiwan". The Mission 3000 A D is normal sized while the Keystone Kapers is squarish in shape.

Omegamatrix,

Your Mission 3000 A D ROM is NTSC.

I noticed that the PAL version has a fatter 1 on the startup screen:

post-6203-1176239952_thumb.jpg

Strange.

Thanks for the scans!

8)

Cool! I thought this originally might have been a PAL game. I know Cpuwiz dumped his from a CCE game, and my Taiwan Cooper matched his dump 100%. It also matched the Mission 3.000 A.D. rom from this 4in1 Dactar I have 100%:

post-7074-1176346924_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't that make it PAL-M?

Omegamatrix,

Your Mission 3000 A D ROM is NTSC.

I noticed that the PAL version has a fatter 1 on the startup screen:

post-6203-1176239952_thumb.jpg

Strange.

Thanks for the scans!

8)

Cool! I thought this originally might have been a PAL game. I know Cpuwiz dumped his from a CCE game, and my Taiwan Cooper matched his dump 100%. It also matched the Mission 3.000 A.D. rom from this 4in1 Dactar I have 100%:

post-7074-1176346924_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't that make it PAL-M?

No.

Just NTSC.

8)