IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Peeps need to be less defensive when members pop in and have a different viewpoint on a situation.

When someone is suffering from "butt-hurt," is there ever really a good "different viewpoint?"

All "butt-hurt" aside, someone sold something and shipped it. The buyer received it and left positive feedback. The seller lost the payment because the buyer reversed it after receiving the items.

The only possible "different viewpoint" in this situation is from the buyer who reversed payment. But we need to ask... under what possible situation would that be justifiable? Under what situation would that be appropriate? Is there ever any good excuse for doing that after receiving items as described?

A family member could have just died. Reason for reversing payment? No.

He could have had a car accident. Reason for reversing payment? No.

His bills and budget could be screwed up. Reason for reversing payment? No.

Buyer could have had a serious health event like a stroke or heart attack. Reason for reversing payment? No.

If the items were not as described, he should have tried working it out with the seller first. He didn't try to work anything out, he thought the stuff was fine and left positive feedback. Reason for reversing payment? No.

There is no justifiable excuse for the reverse payment.

• Like 1

When someone is suffering from "butt-hurt," is there ever really a good "different viewpoint?"

All "butt-hurt" aside, someone sold something and shipped it. The buyer received it and left positive feedback. The seller lost the payment because the buyer reversed it after receiving the items.

The only possible "different viewpoint" in this situation is from the buyer who reversed payment. But we need to ask... under what possible situation would that be justifiable? Under what situation would that be appropriate? Is there ever any good excuse for doing that after receiving items as described?

A family member could have just died. Reason for reversing payment? No.

He could have had a car accident. Reason for reversing payment? No.

His bills and budget could be screwed up. Reason for reversing payment? No.

Buyer could have had a serious health event like a stroke or heart attack. Reason for reversing payment? No.

If the items were not as described, he should have tried working it out with the seller first. He didn't try to work anything out, he thought the stuff was fine and left positive feedback. Reason for reversing payment? No.

There is no justifiable excuse for the reverse payment.

Everyone I am not a bad trader there is someting going on with my paypal I am working on this issue.

I did not know the payment was reversed! I have just seen this message! Please someone help me contact this person as soon as possible.

Or, Future Primitive could have just sent the guy a PM / email and waited for a response (preferably longer than 5 minutes)...just saying...

I could be wrong, but this just sounds like Future Primitive came down with a case of "premature butt-hurt" in a public forum.

• Like 3

All I can say about this is: PayPal screws up stuff all over the place - booking weird amounts of parts of the money transaction gack and forth until they get it right. Had it happen to me twice already in my still rather short eBay "career". Reading the last dozen posts or so, I guess I can consider myself lucky to have encountered patient people on the other side in those instances...

(edited. reason: typo galore)

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 4

All I can say about this is: PayPal screws up stuff all over the place - booking weird amounts of parts of the money transaction gack and forth until they get it right. Had it happen to me twice already in my still rather short eBay "career". Reading the last dozen posts or so, I guess I can consider myself lucky to have encountered patient people on the other sinde in those instances...

I wish I could give you +1,000,000 likes for the above statement. Hit the nail on the head!

I am sorry I am working on this as quickly as I can. The transaction was reversed by PayPal and not myself and am just seeing what had happened. I have added more money to my PayPal from a different account please stay in contact with me so I can get this fixed. I have purchased from several other sellers on this forum as well and they know that I am a good buyer.

Edited by ViciousTengu
  • Like 1

Man...AA has been a complete war zone lately. :?

It's because I haven't been around as much to keep everyone in line.

post-24585-0-42596800-1367463757_thumb.png

I can't stand it when people pull this "I'm taking my toys and going home" routine. If you don't like it here, take your 88 posts and just leave already. Why are you announcing it like any of us care?

Great job moderating dude! That's a very juvenile way to make me the laughingstock of AtariAge. You're real funny.

Hey guy? Eat shit. Cebus is good people, and basically universally liked and respected. You on the other hand could disappear like a fart in the wind and no one would even notice. Give it a try.

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba
  • Like 4

I wish there was an easier way to contact sellers and buyers before being labeled as a bad trader. People must remember that some banks have security measures in place that sometimes cause all sorts of problems with PayPal and even credit card transactions that are out of state. There are some bad people out there but not everyone is trying to pull some kind of scam.

• Like 1

I did not know the payment was reversed! I have just seen this message! Please someone help me contact this person as soon as possible.

It's not your fault. :) The bad trader list should be the absolute last resort and should only be used when all other options are exhausted. I really don't think that this is going to negatively affect your reputation at all. Things happen sometimes that are out of our control,

• Like 2

It's because I haven't been around as much to keep everyone in line.

I can't stand it when people pull this "I'm taking my toys and going home" routine. If you don't like it here, take your 88 posts and just leave already. Why are you announcing it like any of us care?

Hey guy? Eat shit. Cebus is good people, and basically universally liked and respected. You on the other hand could disappear like a fart in the wind and no one would even notice. Give it a try.

Chris

post-29022-0-71263700-1367498782_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I wish there was an easier way to contact sellers and buyers before being labeled as a bad trader. People must remember that some banks have security measures in place that sometimes cause all sorts of problems with PayPal and even credit card transactions that are out of state. There are some bad people out there but not everyone is trying to pull some kind of scam.

There is, man. He just flew off the handle and decided not to. But the good thing about there forums is that you can be vindicated by presenting the facts, which you have done. Everyone here has dealt with paypal's crap (one of the reason so many folks here take money orders). Seriously, don't sweat it bro.

I had an experience on AA where a seller didn't ship and was incommunicado. I think that he was having some business and personal problems- I know that he ended up getting out of the business. He shipped five weeks later with an apology. To make up for it, he threw in some really cool extras. I have to judge him by the same criteria that I judge myself, and to be perfectly honest, I've shipped really late before. A video game is not a life saving organ transplant. You will not die if you don't receive it in a timely fashion.

What I did NOT do was put him on a bad trader list. He made a mistake, sure. But he ultimately made up for it, and that's what matters. The bad trader thread should be reserved for a special type of human being: a scammer.

Had this dude not flipped his lid, I'm sure that the outcome would have been more than favorable. But he didn't give you- or us, by proxy- a chance, because we're all in the same boat.

I wish you the best of luck as a seller on AA! If you are putting up any more threads, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

• Like 5