IGNORED

2600 Defender Arcade - Pretty Much Complete!

PacManPlus

I gave it a shot, but it's not visible on a CC2/7800 setup (F6 bank). I only get a scanner and single humanoid at the bottom. Any suggestions? :ponder:

You need the SARA bankswitching scheme! I forget what it's called right now, something like F6SARA.

I gave it a shot, but it's not visible on a CC2/7800 setup (F6 bank). I only get a scanner and single humanoid at the bottom. Any suggestions? :ponder:

You need the SARA bankswitching scheme! I forget what it's called right now, something like F6SARA.

I believe F6SC is what you are looking for. :)

Mitch

Well you did it again I thought the first was awesome, but you managed to blow your first draft out of the water!!!!!!! WOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really great logo!

The scroll you are right needs a little work it seems to go between clear and fuzzy almost like supercharger text in phaser patrol does but more fuzzy maybe because of the scrolling?

Wade

The scroll you are right needs a little work it seems to go between clear and fuzzy almost like supercharger text in phaser patrol does but more fuzzy maybe because of the scrolling?

If you're using Z26, run it full screen with the "-r" switch. Otherwise you'll get artifacts if the PC frame rate doesn't match the "2600"'s.

BTW, if people haven't noticed what's unusual about the scroll text, answer this question: by how much is the topmost pixel of each letter shifted relative to the bottom?

Edited by supercat

The title screen would be even cooler with the supercat logo, with some form of this screen from the arcade game:

post-5880-1155221975_thumb.jpg

WHAT! :x You found one and beat me to it?! :P Guess you saved me the trouble. I was thinking the same thing! -but not even KLOV had a screen shot like that for me to post here. Nice find tho! :thumbsup:

Well, it's good to know others have the same mindset to see as faithful a translation. :D

If enough people want this, the only thing I would do is sell this hack with only my changes in it (with the single color scanner and the original title screen I had). Unfortunately that's the only way I would feel comfortable enough to put this hack on cart for other people.

Nothing against SuperCat, it's just I'm trying to do the right thing here and not charge $25 with someone else's hack on it.

But judging from the lack of responses, I'm guessing nobody wants it that way. Well, I tried... :-/

Edited by PacManPlus

• 2 weeks later...

It hasn't died according to Bob it is finished, "his version" the one you can easily download here is done, and he would be willing to put on a cartridge. Supercat's version is his and he hasn't been around it seems.

Wade

Here's to hoping supercat can get his features integrated into PSP's hack. I'm gonna get a cart made of this as soon as that happens. Judging from PMP's blog, he's taking an AA break, so I hope this hack doesn't die here...its so close to being finished :)

That would be too sad.lol

It hasn't died according to Bob it is finished, "his version" the one you can easily download here is done, and he would be willing to put on a cartridge. Supercat's version is his and he hasn't been around it seems.

Sorry I need to get the code for the title screen merged in. Maybe I need to get off my duff and just do it. :)