IGNORED

Question - FB2 Portable?

this is somehow pissin me off...... everytime i wish to find good news about the fbp i just see that nothings going on......

quite sad to see that and that for more than half a year!

but i understand that, it is maybe quite hard to produce it and to find someone who sells it and all taht crap......

but unless i get a clear "its cancelled" i will not stop hoping for the best news in my whole life :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

No offense to anybody here, but I'm not gonna believe anything til I read it from Curt. The FBP2 is his project and his baby,and until he says the project is dead, than I'm gonna put on the blinders and assume its still alive.

That being said, I wish Curt would pop in here and atleast give us a hello, we haven't heard from him in a while.

Same here. Hoping that they are still set-up for a spring/summer release.
Me too. A portable for summer and another console for winter :)

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but this probably ain't happening. See the other thread

I don't know why you say its not happening and then point to my post in another thread. As I clearly stated there regarding the FB3 and which is equally applicable here:

No, what he clearly stated here was the project was not dead but that it most likely wasn't going to be a project under Atari. I'm not at liberty to discuss what's all going on right now project wise for the group, that's up to Curt to do. I will say, I'm really looking forward to these various things when they come together and am pulling for all these to launch a firm foundation for us to do even more.

No offense to anybody here, but I'm not gonna believe anything til I read it from Curt. The FBP2 is his project and his baby,and until he says the project is dead, than I'm gonna put on the blinders and assume its still alive.

That being said, I wish Curt would pop in here and atleast give us a hello, we haven't heard from him in a while.

dito

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but this probably ain't happening. See the other thread

I don't know why you say its not happening and then point to my post in another thread. As I clearly stated there regarding the FB3 and which is equally applicable here:

No, what he clearly stated here was the project was not dead but that it most likely wasn't going to be a project under Atari. I'm not at liberty to discuss what's all going on right now project wise for the group, that's up to Curt to do. I will say, I'm really looking forward to these various things when they come together and am pulling for all these to launch a firm foundation for us to do even more.

Marty, by no means did I mean that Curt's project was dead, and I apologize if you, Curt, or anyone else got that impression. In fact as you can see in my other posts I'm very excited about his project. However, you yourself indicated that you believe that the death knell has been rung for Atari and there would be no Atari Flashbacks coming out under that brand and product line, even though Curt's project is still on. I don't think the Atari Flashback forum is an appropriate place for any more discussion if this project will neither be Atari nor Flashback (since both names are reserved). Instead I would vote that either a new forum be created for Curt's project, or maybe just a pinned thread under Dedicated Systems and we can unpin all of these threads and link to it. Why go through all of that trouble when there is so much discussion here? Well, I think that Curt should be the one people are focusing on, not Atari, and people shouldn't believe there is another Flashback coming out if there is a 99.999% chance it won't. Again, I think the world of you guys, I really want to play 2600 games on and write 2600 games for Curt's product.

Marty, by no means did I mean that Curt's project was dead, and I apologize if you, Curt, or anyone else got that impression. In fact as you can see in my other posts I'm very excited about his project. However, you yourself indicated that you believe that the death knell has been rung for Atari and there would be no Atari Flashbacks coming out under that brand and product line, even though Curt's project is still on. I don't think the Atari Flashback forum is an appropriate place for any more discussion if this project will neither be Atari nor Flashback (since both names are reserved). Instead I would vote that either a new forum be created for Curt's project, or maybe just a pinned thread under Dedicated Systems and we can unpin all of these threads and link to it. Why go through all of that trouble when there is so much discussion here? Well, I think that Curt should be the one people are focusing on, not Atari, and people shouldn't believe there is another Flashback coming out if there is a 99.999% chance it won't. Again, I think the world of you guys, I really want to play 2600 games on and write 2600 games for Curt's product.

Before someone does a major remodel of the Flashback forum area, can't we get a response or some type of comment from Curt? As bleak as it is for Atari right now, I still don't view the company "nails in the coffin" dead.

I get the impression that Legacy Engineering (or maybe another company) will be making their own FB3/FB2 portable as part of a licencing agreement with Atari.

Legacy Engineering Group is Curt's stuff. So does that mean that Curt got the go ahead to take this over from Atari? The stuff written in the interview with Curt is from June of last year when they were still talking a lot about the FB2 portable. Then when I contacted Curt in December it sounded like he was hard at work still on it. And now recently Marty said that he doesn't think Atari will survive in current form, but that Curt is continuing on. I just felt bad seeing conversation go on in these threads about the Atari Flashback if people should be waiting for a "Curt" product instead.

I could never understand why Infogrames wanted the Atari name as they don't seem to make very much of Atari's heritage. Maybe they should go back to calling themselves Infogrames.

I've always felt that Legacy Engineering are the spiritual successors to the Atari name, even if they don't own the trademark.

I could never understand why Infogrames wanted the Atari name as they don't seem to make very much of Atari's heritage. Maybe they should go back to calling themselves Infogrames.

They never stopped calling themselves Infogrames, Infogrames Entertainment SA has been around this whole time. Its the subsidiaries who they changed to use the Atari names. And in the case of Infogrames Inc. (the separate north american company formerly known as GT Interactive) they had them lease the Atari name to rename themselves Atari Inc. (which is the actual company we've been talking about).

I've always felt that Legacy Engineering are the spiritual successors to the Atari name, even if they don't own the trademark.

Thanks.

Are we gonna have to camp out every night outside of Sears
I hope not. Y'know, Atari should consider a limited edition Sears version. It might appeal to Atari collectors who want something a bit special.

Now THAT would be awesome!

I'd still love it if they could make little carts... Something like a small memory stick shaped like an old atari cart.... with retro labels. Even retro boxes like old atari cart boxes.... That would be great.

I have a LOT on my plate right now with several commercial projects and without the Atari commitment I had to put the "Portable System" (note it is not a Flashback Portable any further... it grew way outside of a portable 2600.) on hold for a while, in fact that bench has been dormant now for a few weeks...

My bandwidth is stretched beyond capacity right now and I can't take any time out for anything that scale that is not commercially viable (for the moment) plus I've already exhausted a huge amount of $$$ into the several iterations of designs, plastics, etc... and I won't have any additional capital to put into the portable for a while.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but in about 2 weeks a stream of press releases will be coming out regarding several products coming out that I've been involved with, I think everyone will clearly understand why the portable, the computer keyboard and a few other projects have been tabled for so long. Please hang tight and thanks.

Curt

My bandwidth is stretched beyond capacity right now and I can't take any time out for anything that scale that is not commercially viable (for the moment) plus I've already exhausted a huge amount of $$$ into the several iterations of designs, plastics, etc... and I won't have any additional capital to put into the portable for a while.

But Curt, I thought that's what that secret money press project we were working on was. You know, so we can just do any project at will with no major corporate funding. I mean, I know all the dollar bills had fuji signs and pictures of Nolan and Jack on them instead and all, but they should be 100% as acceptable as the vapor money Atari Inc. works with. ;)