IGNORED

[SALE] Cuttle Cart 2 for Atari 7800 w/Multimedia Card

rhonda

I'm glad to see this worked out good for everyone involved, personally. If you got it for anywhere near the $200 that she originally offered it for, you got a FANTASTIC deal on a GREAT product.

Rhonda, your husband shouldn't be mad at you. How were you to know that you had such a super hot item on your hands? That was my biggest suspicion with your post... most people who have a CC2 know EXACTLY what they've got their hands on and how valuable it is.

And yeah, if you're lucky enough to pick up a CC2 at any price, you shouldn't flip it, you should hang onto it. Much better to dump your individual carts and hang onto the CC2, IMO.

Glad this one is over for the most part. Kind of surprised that it wasn't re-offered to Diggs after it was pulled from ebay and his logical explanation. After all, "before Turkey Day" still gives him 3 days to get it in person. Hate it when things get cut throat in a 'community', but I guess rarity does that. Shame when the balance of 'fair' gets skewed.

Here's to hoping all works out in the end, and that Diggs not picking it up in person doesn't lead to a shipping issue for Phantom.

Morality sucks. :) Karma rocks. :) Happy gaming!

Agreed, but if you reached terms with someone, you reached terms. I'm not arguing for or against the transaction, just seems like there's a little too much greed sometimes. :)

But then again, I'm the guy who won't bid against collectors I know to be good people on Ebay just to try and keep prices low. :)

Honestly. The morality thing? I posted here that I bought it because it was up for fair game and Diggs even Posted "whatever" at that point. I've been asking for one and if she had looked, Id had saved money for sure and I missed it by seconds the first time. Thats why I wasnt sure if anyone else was in before me besides Diggs so I stated no later than 3rd in line. anyone else and everyone else had the same shot. "Whatever" doesnt sound like 'ok I'm here, can we still work this out" and I really could have just kept quiet and said nothing.

Cutttthroat? I hope that wasnt directed at me because Im sure some offered more for it but as Rhonda can confirm, I never made a higher offer after i found out it was sold initially and i was 2nd in line despite not posting a "pm sent" sign, to me doing so wastes time I could get my offer in. I never even offered more period til today, no i'll give you 220 last week, nothing, that would be unethical. But if its up for grabs and it was, Its fair game. Peace

Edited by Phantom

Honestly. The morality thing? I posted here that I bought it because it was up for fair game and Diggs even Posted "whatever" at that point. I've been asking for one and if she had looked, Id had saved money for sure and I missed it by seconds the first time. Thats why I wasnt sure if anyone else was in before me besides Diggs so I stated no later than 3rd in line. anyone else and everyone else had the same shot. "Whatever" doesnt sound like 'ok I'm here, can we still work this out" and I really could have just kept quiet and said nothing.

Cutttthroat? I hope that wasnt directed at me because Im sure some offered more for it but as Rhonda can confirm, I never made a higher offer after i found out it was sold initially and i was 2nd in line despite not posting a "pm sent" sign, to me doing so wastes time I could get my offer in. I never even offered more period til today, no i'll give you 220 last week, nothing, that would be unethical. But if its up for grabs and it was, Its fair game. Peace

No, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular- I'm just an observer in the situation. But, keep in mind, your rationale of Diggs posting "whatever" was after Rhonda had apparently NOT given him til "turkey day" and went ahead and posted it on Ebay (I believe the auction was active when he posted that, so it wasn't a submissive statement, or indication he was no longer interested). If you put yourself in diggs shoes, I can see where he'd be disappointed-- he thought he had a deal, and the seller changed the terms. When she changed the terms, then got shut down on Ebay, someone else slipped in and yanked it.

No one is dying over it, and the world is no better or worse place because of it arguably. And it's not anything personal I'm saying Phantom- if it wasn't you, it would have been someone else. It doesn't make me question the buyer- this stuff happens all the time in both the real world and online. It does, however, make me question the seller. As stated before, odd behavior for a newb-- I know this cuz I am one to this forum, too by most definitions.

There's a lot to be learned thru observation. Even thru my admittedly rose-colored glasses. :)

Murph

I'm cool with Phantom picking it up and wish him the best of luck in his purchase!I was not willing to drop 200.00 in a new sellers/members deal, sight unseen and unfortunetly did not have the time to get to it quick enough.

Thank you Diggs and I really thought "whatever" meant F it, maybe that was posted because it was on ebay and I mis-read it but if I had to make a split second decison or it would be someone elses. Thanls for understanding. And murph, No biggie, I just wanted to clear up Im not one to break someones deal. and I Honestly never offered a price after I was told it was sold. Take Care all

No, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular- I'm just an observer in the situation. But, keep in mind, your rationale of Diggs posting "whatever" was after Rhonda had apparently NOT given him til "turkey day" and went ahead and posted it on Ebay (I believe the auction was active when he posted that, so it wasn't a submissive statement, or indication he was no longer interested). If you put yourself in diggs shoes, I can see where he'd be disappointed-- he thought he had a deal, and the seller changed the terms. When she changed the terms, then got shut down on Ebay, someone else slipped in and yanked it.

No one is dying over it, and the world is no better or worse place because of it arguably. And it's not anything personal I'm saying Phantom- if it wasn't you, it would have been someone else. It doesn't make me question the buyer- this stuff happens all the time in both the real world and online. It does, however, make me question the seller. As stated before, odd behavior for a newb-- I know this cuz I am one to this forum, too by most definitions.

There's a lot to be learned thru observation. Even thru my admittedly rose-colored glasses. :)

Murph

(Whatever) was meant as a polite way to say so much more not so nice things as I was pretty pissed when I got home and saw what went on!

I'm cool with Phantom picking it up and wish him the best of luck in his purchase!I was not willing to drop 200.00 in a new sellers/members deal, sight unseen and unfortunetly did not have the time to get to it quick enough.

If a seller has less than 500 posts on here, I don't even look at the goods. Gotta get to know 'em before I risk even $5, let alone $200 plus shipping.

If a seller has less than 500 posts on here, I don't even look at the goods. Gotta get to know 'em before I risk even $5, let alone $200 plus shipping.

Some good people have been members here for quite a while and don't have many posts. There are also some members that have lots of posts that I would never deal with. I prefer to look at the individual person rather then a number.

That's not us on the low post count though. ;)

Some good people have been members here for quite a while and don't have many posts. There are also some members that have lots of posts that I would never deal with. I prefer to look at the individual person rather then a number.

Thats exactly what I do. I use the ignore feature to remind myself that I will not do business with this person. Its a really useful feature.

Basically, if I see a person post offensively or respond poorly to sales problem or just have a bad attitude, I just start ignoring them. I do read their posts, but I have found its best to continue ignoring them, because their responses tend to continue along the same lines that I ignored them for in the first place.

Thats exactly what I do. I use the ignore feature to remind myself that I will not do business with this person. Its a really useful feature.

Basically, if I see a person post offensively or respond poorly to sales problem or just have a bad attitude, I just start ignoring them. I do read their posts, but I have found its best to continue ignoring them, because their responses tend to continue along the same lines that I ignored them for in the first place.

I'm probably on your Iggy list then :D . If someone is rude to me, Im rude in return. :x Im not saying this is directed towards me but no biggie if it is. :roll: Ive had some run ins but if you treat me like shit, you get shit in return. So if you've read any of my posts that you didnt like, so be it , but if you ask anyone thats traded with me or knows me from more than just some post, Im positive you couldnt find a bad word in the bunch. Just because someone has a disagreement or disagrees with a particular POV on any subject, does not make them automatically bad. You get what you give. Cheers. ;)

Edited by Phantom

I see your point, and if someone's been here a few years, then I'll look. I don't know, though, who's a good trader and who's not among those with under 500 posts. That's just my rule of thumb--to look the other way usually.

And yes, there are quite a few people here with many posts that I would not deal with.

I'm still pretty new here, too, though. Sure I've been around for almost a year and a half, but that's nothing compared to the first batch of users that posted here.

I think everyone who knows anything knows, this sale was a mess, and it shouldn't have been, but it was probably nobody's *fault*.

The seller got less than she should have, and pissed off a bunch of people in the process, the guy who thought he had it, and didn't, is upset. The only person who has anything to be happy about, is the guy who got it. Count your blessings... and don't try to flip it, because we all know who you are. Enjoy it, instead.

I don't think you can say much more than that.

I think everyone who knows anything knows, this sale was a mess, and it shouldn't have been, but it was probably nobody's *fault*.

The seller got less than she should have, and pissed off a bunch of people in the process, the guy who thought he had it, and didn't, is upset. The only person who has anything to be happy about, is the guy who got it. Count your blessings... and don't try to flip it, because we all know who you are. Enjoy it, instead.

I don't think you can say much more than that.

Im scared! LMAO! Seriously you are wayyyyyyyyy paranoid and your name fits you. What do you mean you know who I am? Of course you do if you look at my profile. Sounds to me like you wanted to flip it. The only thing I will be selling is my play carts once I find out it works for sure. Its really none of your BIZ anyhow. I could just a well as kept quiet about the whole thing so dont go threatening people with idle non-sense. Im not trying to pick a fight but thats uncalled for"you know who I am" nonsense. Am I allowed to sell my real carts now dad? jeesh, talk about jealous and FYI, Diggs didnt sound as upset as youre making it out to be. As matter of fact, if I do come across another in the wild, I will sell it to Diggs for either what I pay for it or the price I just paid for mine. You dont have one I assume Diggs? Just dont go around threatening people dude, thats so uncalled for. Thanks

PS> What exactly do you mean by "we all know who you are." Seriously, explain

Edited by Phantom

Just dont go around threatening people dude, thats so uncalled for. Thanks

I'm not making a threat about it Ant, I really did sneak in your house this morning and took a piss in your corn flakes :rolling:

:-o

Thats Ok, you dont want to know what I sent you for christmas :ponder: :!: I would use gloves with those carts if you know what I mean :!: :lolblue:

First off, Phantom, read this post...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1700

And understand you've just been added to my list of rocket-scientists who think they've stumbled onto an epiphany by making a wise-crack about my nick. Good work...

With that aside... you're calling ME Paranoid? I mean, we all know that Phantom got a CC2 for a helluva deal. Nothing more, nothing less. Pull your panties outta your ass-crack and relax.

Same thing about my "warning". It was more like friendly suggestion. Obviously no one can *make* you do anything, but the way this deal did go down, if you turned around and flipped it, I think there would be a lot of long-time users here disappointed in your behavior. Nothing more to it than that. You got a good deal, you should be stoked. Hang onto it, because it is a nice item. Nothing more or less than that, although you certainly seem to have read way more into it than I intended. You may need to increase the dosage on your meds, because I don't think they're working right.

:roll:

And does Pitfall 2 not work? I guess so. I guess I was playing the 5200 version because of the extra screens. In either case, I haven't missed it any on the CC2.

Although I guess I've got some other bad roms, but that is the ROM, not the CC2. And, figure that you're probably NOT going to have every single title out there on your CC2, and as far as any of us know, the vast majority of them work flawlessly, so... I don't think I'd worry too much about that if I were you. The titles you really WANT are going to work.

For the Multiload Supercharger games like Dragonstomper you need the multiload roms, not the single file ROMs (that work with emulators like Stella, for example), and they have to be named in a particular sequence.

Edited by Paranoid

;)

First off, Phantom, read this post...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1700

And understand you've just been added to my list of rocket-scientists who think they've stumbled onto an epiphany by making a wise-crack about my nick. Good work...

With that aside... you're calling ME Paranoid? I mean, we all know that Phantom got a CC2 for a helluva deal. Nothing more, nothing less. Pull your panties outta your ass-crack and relax.

Same thing about my "warning". It was more like friendly suggestion. Obviously no one can *make* you do anything, but the way this deal did go down, if you turned around and flipped it, I think there would be a lot of long-time users here disappointed in your behavior. Nothing more to it than that. You got a good deal, you should be stoked. Hang onto it, because it is a nice item. Nothing more or less than that, although you certainly seem to have read way more into it than I intended. You may need to increase the dosage on your meds, because I don't think they're working right.

:roll:

Wow by the sounds of that blog, you do this often! No wonder you wrote a blog to send everytime this happens. What Id like to know is how many people asked about this cart that already had one? I dont even have an Ebay account, i have to buy and sell things with other peoples accounts and its a bit much of a hassle. Ebay wont let anyone sell this either. If its worth a hell of a lot more, why dint you all buy more to flip then? Did CShell not allow this? Hopefuly he didnt. I bought this for one simple reason. I wanted to get rid of some clutter and play any game i want whenver I want. Same reason I just bought a 5200 and a Coleco USB from classics. I stil dont know what you mean by "we know who you are" comment because obviously you dont know me. Theres alot of shady shit that goes on in these forums and alot of bitchy people. Then theres a core of really good people. I dont need your advice because Its mine (CC2) til the day I die. end of story. Now that should make you happy shouldnt it? I wouldnt have posted a Want post for it to flip it. I have no clue what you perceive it to be worth but im just mad I didnt get in when it was its regular price (I didnt know about it) not that long ago and I asked Cshell and he had none left so I posted for it. If its worth more great. But its not for sale for any price, my regular "play carts" are. None of my boxed collection. My boxed collection would be sold if I was in need of $ for an extreme emergency even, but not the CC2. This I can play every game and a matter of fact, it arrived today and I have to pick it up tomorrow and then I will let you all know if it works right. Have fun, off to take my meds. Thanks Doc. BTW, I only wear panties on saturday nights. :D I didnt have time to sew in 7 days of the week name tags like you did ;) Have a good 1! :) SHARON! Insert Ozzy Emoticon here!

Edited by Phantom