IGNORED

[SALE] Cuttle Cart 2 for Atari 7800 w/Multimedia Card

rhonda

Crazy Climber...

As a consolation prize... you CAN put yourself together an Atari 800XL, a MyIDE multicart, and a nice sized CF card and CF-to-IDE adaptor for less than you would pay for the CC2 alone...

If you're interested in a multicart based retro system, this isn't a bad way to go and opens up access to just about as many titles, if not more, than the 2600/7800 library (and the Imagic titles are virtually the same in either case)...

Pretty much ALL of the Multicarts out there rock. They're just so convienient.

Sounds cool man, does someone here or maybe even you sell this kind of stuff? I'm very interested :)

As far as classic ones go - I had a harder time with the CC then the CC2, but I love the O2, the 5200 one and a few other special 2600 multicarts. We've toyed with a Coleco or Intelly one and we have a few Famicom, GB and GBA I think. I :love: multicarts and mini-games!!! :D

GBA Multicarts? Where did you score those? I would totally buy one, especially if it had some cool pirate games :)

Check out Classics selection at www.atarimax.com. His seem to be the most popular multicarts available right now (and for good reason). The 8 bit MyIDE multicart is a little more nuts and bolts than the console multicarts, so it takes more work to set up. Once you GET it set up though, it is, IMO, easier to maintain then the Cuttle Cart 2. You have to buy the parts from a few different sources (you need the MyIDE cart from Classics, you need a CF to IDE adaptor that supports power on pin 20, from eBay, and you need a CF flash card... I'd recommend at least 1gb. And Of course, you also need a 64kb Atari 8 bit, like an 800xl). Once you put that all together, I've written up a walkthru that makes setup pretty easy to follow that is available at the AtariMax forums and here on Atariage, too. What you end up with is a system that is pretty functionally equiv. to an Atari 5200 as far as games go. It is worth noting that the 8 bit has a great lineup of titles on cart as well, making it a good system to use as a "console" even without the multicart.

I'll tell you, regardiing GBA multicarts... if I have one opinion, it is that a programmable multicart is the only way to go, if one exists. I've got the Sean Kelly Vectrex multicart too... and while it is cool, I wish I had a programmable one instead. It is just nice having the choice of what is included and what isn't.

Edited by Paranoid