IGNORED

[SALE] Cuttle Cart 2 for Atari 7800 w/Multimedia Card

rhonda

And does Pitfall 2 not work? I guess so. I guess I was playing the 5200 version because of the extra screens. In either case, I haven't missed it any on the CC2.

Although I guess I've got some other bad roms, but that is the ROM, not the CC2. And, figure that you're probably NOT going to have every single title out there on your CC2, and as far as any of us know, the vast majority of them work flawlessly, so... I don't think I'd worry too much about that if I were you. The titles you really WANT are going to work.

For the Multiload Supercharger games like Dragonstomper you need the multiload roms, not the single file ROMs (that work with emulators like Stella, for example), and they have to be named in a particular sequence.

Ok. I just took my Meds, lmao! Thanks for this info. i think it goes that any game you couldnt play on the 7800, you still cant play with the CC2 but Im not positive about that and I never had a complete list of them to begin with but thought someone around here would have made one by now. Maybe thats a project in my near future. Also, I wanted to know if there are any other games besides the ones that wont work on the 7800 that also wont work with the CC2. No point in getting rid of something If I cant play it with the CC2. I'l just take my time and figure it out but if someone knows for sure, please let me know anyone and thanks for your help Ozzy. Seriously. Take care all and cyas tomorrow with an update. :)

The only reason why Pitfall II doesn't work is because it contains an extra microprocessor known as the "Display Processor Chip". Pitfall II was supposed to be the first in a long line of games to use this microprocessor, but the market crashed right around the time Pitfall II came out.

As far as I'm aware, no other game packed a custom microprocessor in the cartridge. (Especially since most development shops didn't have the resources or budget to do this.) About the most esoteric you get beyond that is the M-Network carts. And those just add memory and new bankswitching schemes. :)

No problem, here. Yeah, it happenes a lot, so I figured rather than address each case individually, I'd make myself a form letter I could just refer people to. So far, it has been working out pretty good. :)

In my experience, pretty much all of it works. I knew that Pitfall II didn't work, but I honestly have never had a problem with it, so I forgot about that (not having a problem, in this case, means I play the 5200 version anyhow). Again, you're going to have a harder time finding the images and being certain they are good dumps than running into dumps that simply will not WORK, with the CC2. That is the bigger challenge. All of the common stuff works fine and the ROM dumps of the common carts are easy to come by. If it doesn't work, it is a rarer game with harder to find ROM dumps, so the odds are you don't have it, or wouldn't be selling the original anyhow, (being that it would be worth more than your CC2, most likely).

But even at that... I've got quite a few of those ROMs, too... and they all work also.

With homebrew ROMs you might find that it is hard to manage your images and be sure you are on the latest release of a title (no one is putting "About" screens on their homebrew titles...) :)

Beyond that, the CC2 is sought after so much because it rocks.

Ebay closed the auction due to "Enabling Duplication of Copy-Protected Materials".

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that's weird. For one thing, the CC2 doesn't enable you to *make* a copy of a cart, the way some devices do, does it? It just lets you load and play a ROM image that you already have, and it's okay to have a ROM image as long as you own a cart of the game. And carts aren't "copy-protected" the way many disk games are, are they, just copyrighted? Also, what about other devices that let you copy, scan, or make images of copyrighted works, like VCRs, cameras, scanners, copiers, CD and DVD recorders, or any kind of disk drive or card reader-- does Ebay close auctions of those items due to "enabling duplication of copy-protected materials"?

Michael

Ebay closed the auction due to "Enabling Duplication of Copy-Protected Materials".

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that's weird. For one thing, the CC2 doesn't enable you to *make* a copy of a cart, the way some devices do, does it? It just lets you load and play a ROM image that you already have, and it's okay to have a ROM image as long as you own a cart of the game. And carts aren't "copy-protected" the way many disk games are, are they, just copyrighted? Also, what about other devices that let you copy, scan, or make images of copyrighted works, like VCRs, cameras, scanners, copiers, CD and DVD recorders, or any kind of disk drive or card reader-- does Ebay close auctions of those items due to "enabling duplication of copy-protected materials"?

Michael

More than likely it was reported by someone and ebay didn't bother to verify, they just pulled it.

Mitch

They've just got a policy about multicarts. The Sean Kelly carts are OK, but just about everything else, they close it down without question.

Because face it... nobody is fooling anyone else. This is what Multicarts *do*. This is why they exist. They may help developers, they may have legitimate purposes... but most of the people out there, they're not using them for those reasons.

I think that it is kind of bunk for eBay *not* to allow things like the CC2... but, as long as there are SOME original IP owners out there raising an occasional stink (and there are), it is understandable why eBay doesn't want to get in the middle of it.

I only wear panties on saturday nights.

You lied to me. :x

You know I wear them for you any day of the week! :lust:

Seriusly though. I have it. It appears to work atleast Klax did and it was the only game already on there.after I read thru this 26 pages, maybe I can figure out if it programs right lol! Im a bit of a dope when it comes to this stuff. i can stave off viruses on my PC, but I dont know how good Im gonna be at figuring this out. Im more afraid to screw it up than anything else at this point. But I do need to make sure it loads ROMs proper if it ever broke or for any reason wont load games, Does Chad fix them for a fee? That would be calming lol. anyhow, i'll let you know more soon as I can. if anyone has any advice, nows the time and thanks in advance. Cyas :)

What I would like to know is if anyone has a definitive list of games that wont play on it besides Pitfall II? This way i dont sell any of them. Thanks in advace of any help.

Pitfall 2 is the only one that I know of.

Mitch

I've got 1200 odd ROMs sitting on my MMC in the CC2 and Pitfall 2 is the only game not to work (for the reasons pointed out). I've tried the CC2 on both an NTSC and PAL 7800 as well, no probs.

So, here are some things...

You need an MMC card, not a SD card. But, if you've got Klax on it and running, you've got an MMC which probably came with it (and, logically adds to the value of the card, making it an even BETTTER deal for you, because MMC cards have gotten hard to find).

A few things to consider. A lot of us use RS-MMC cards because they do not stick out above the top of the CC2, and at least one owner has had a tragedy where they dropped their CC2 and the MMC broke the rails that the MMC slides in on. If it is unexposed, the odds of this happening are far less likely. This is discussed more in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=508111

I know it is long, but you should read the whole thing.

Second off, it is a little difficult to set up, but it isn't rocket-science. Again, that thread will have a lot of tips to get you started, and most likely a lot of helpful people willing to assist you in many ways.

Finally, I've found that a SANdisk card *and* reader is really critical to being able to effectively work with the CC2. It is picky about other card readers and memory cards. I've had mixed results that way, but with genuine Sandisk products, I've never had a single problem.

Good luck, and enjoy.

So, here are some things...

You need an MMC card, not a SD card. But, if you've got Klax on it and running, you've got an MMC which probably came with it (and, logically adds to the value of the card, making it an even BETTTER deal for you, because MMC cards have gotten hard to find).

A few things to consider. A lot of us use RS-MMC cards because they do not stick out above the top of the CC2, and at least one owner has had a tragedy where they dropped their CC2 and the MMC broke the rails that the MMC slides in on. If it is unexposed, the odds of this happening are far less likely. This is discussed more in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=508111

I know it is long, but you should read the whole thing.

Second off, it is a little difficult to set up, but it isn't rocket-science. Again, that thread will have a lot of tips to get you started, and most likely a lot of helpful people willing to assist you in many ways.

Finally, I've found that a SANdisk card *and* reader is really critical to being able to effectively work with the CC2. It is picky about other card readers and memory cards. I've had mixed results that way, but with genuine Sandisk products, I've never had a single problem.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Thanks for yours and everyone elses help. I dont know the aker of the card but a pic of it is in the 1st post. It says PQI at top right and it i a multimedia card, is that what you mean by MMC? Im tellin ya im retarded with the abbreviations but Im learning. Thanks again and if you or anyone can see the card and tell me if its the one I should have or if i should spend $ on a new one?Thaks all. Im taking thios whole thing slow because the last thing i wana do is F it up. Cheers, Ant

PQI is a pretty well known brand. I can't tell you how reliable it is or isn't with the CC2, but I'm sure someone here knows. You should be fine. Stick with it until you think or know you need something else, most MMC cards will work fine, but some card readers and memory combos are a nightmare. Stay away from the Inland card reader, for one. I have lots of problems with it.

What I would like to know is if anyone has a definitive list of games that wont play on it besides Pitfall II? This way i dont sell any of them. Thanks in advace of any help.

Mitch

I've got 1200 odd ROMs sitting on my MMC in the CC2 and Pitfall 2 is the only game not to work (for the reasons pointed out). I've tried the CC2 on both an NTSC and PAL 7800 as well, no probs.

Can you get the Quadrun speech to work? the game works, but there is no speech.

Mitch

The speech works fine for me. I just tested it again to make sure. :)

Mitch

I had first crack at this but I passed up sending her a PM. I also live in MN so I could have just picked it up. WOW! I had no idea these are that sought after, I thought something was a little strange when the next time I checked the post it had over 60 replies. I'm kind of kicking myself now :x Oh well, I need to save my cash anyways :)

I had first crack at this but I passed up sending her a PM. I also live in MN so I could have just picked it up. WOW! I had no idea these are that sought after, I thought something was a little strange when the next time I checked the post it had over 60 replies. I'm kind of kicking myself now :x Oh well, I need to save my cash anyways :)

:( cant anyone just be happy for me? :) LMAO! Seriously CC, this is the reason i cant make an offer for your carts I was interested in, bewteen this and the coleco and 5200 USBs i just bought , im broke and now i need christmas money cause i just spent it lol! Do you have one CC?I cant wait to figure thi thing out. Anyone know if a clutz like me breaks something on it, if I can pay to get it fixed by anyone? There i go again worrying im gonna break it eventually and ive had it for only 30 hours. Its almost like im afraid to use it lol. Im already down for a INtelli cart. Atleast I put a post up that i am. Now if i could just find time to play. Any millionaires here can take me under their wing for a month? We can play games all day. I cook like "mama mia" and fix and clean anything you want as long as its playtime for atleast 8 hours a day. For all of that you get to pay my bills for the month. Not a bad deal. No homo stuff though. :lust: Im just not into that "Not that anythings wrong with that"--Seinfeld :grin:

Edited by Phantom

icon_sad.gif cant anyone just be happy for me? icon_smile.gif LMAO! Seriously CC, this is the reason i cant make an offer for your carts I was interested in, bewteen this and the coleco and 5200 USBs i just bought , im broke and now i need christmas money cause i just spent it lol! Do you have one CC?I cant wait to figure thi thing out. Anyone know if a clutz like me breaks something on it, if I can pay to get it fixed by anyone? There i go again worrying im gonna break it eventually and ive had it for only 30 hours. Its almost like im afraid to use it lol. Im already down for a INtelli cart. Atleast I put a post up that i am. Now if i could just find time to play. Any millionaires here can take me under their wing for a month? We can play games all day. I cook like "mama mia" and fix and clean anything you want as long as its playtime for atleast 8 hours a day. For all of that you get to pay my bills for the month. Not a bad deal. No homo stuff though. icon_lust.gif Im just not into that "Not that anythings wrong with that"--Seinfeld icon_biggrinwink.gif

I am, and I still haven't been able to come up with the money for the Colecovision multicart, although it is in my sights. I think you might need to set your sites for someone with deeper pockets, like a billionaire... and you know, at least consider giving sensual, hetrosexual full body massages.

I know the feeling, BTW. Of all my Multicarts, the CC2 is definetly the one I am most freaked out about. It was the most expensive, and it is simply impossible to replace for a NEW one, at this point. If you break it, you just have to wait until someone comes along with a used one, and pay whatever price it'll command.

With that said, though, it is a pretty robust cartridge. Other than breaking the slot for the MMC cart, there isn't a lot that you can do to break it. That is the big fear though, which is probably a good enough reason to get a RS-MMC card for it. Although, then THAT becomes kind of freaky about putting it in and getting it back out when you want to add more games. The idea really is to get it all set up like you want it and know you're not going to take the MMC in and out of it very often. That and, just be careful with it. The guy who busted his did so while moving it around. Dropped it, and that was what caused the MMC slot to break. I don't know if Chad will fix a busted one, but I assume that the guy who had this happen tried to contact Chad and last I heard, he still had a busted one.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1006309

You really need to read this thread, it is going to answer so many of your questions and worries. Keilbeca was the guy who busted his CC2, btw... if you read back a few posts from the link above, you'll see him talking about it. He is still around, and I don't know if he got it fixed or not. I'd like to think he did.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/keil.../brokenpins.jpg

And after that dire warning, I went up and checked, and I've got my regular MMC plugged into my CC2, with the RS-MMC sitting unused right next to it. Smart guy, huh?

Edited by Paranoid

Mitch

The speech works fine for me. I just tested it again to make sure. :)

Mitch

thats strange - mine doesn't

And after that dire warning, I went up and checked, and I've got my regular MMC plugged into my CC2, with the RS-MMC sitting unused right next to it. Smart guy, huh?

Didnt you have the RSMMC for a while now?

For quite awhile. Actually, I came into a (huge) colletion of ROMs all configured for the CC2 and ready to go... but I wanted to TRY it before I decided to go with that collection (because some that I had set up were not on this new collection). So I put it on ANOTHER MMC... since then, I've just never gone back and copied from the one MMC to the other... I've had a bunch of other projects. Maybe I should get around to that. :)

:( cant anyone just be happy for me? :) LMAO! Seriously CC, this is the reason i cant make an offer for your carts I was interested in, bewteen this and the coleco and 5200 USBs i just bought , im broke and now i need christmas money cause i just spent it lol! Do you have one CC?I cant wait to figure thi thing out. Anyone know if a clutz like me breaks something on it, if I can pay to get it fixed by anyone? There i go again worrying im gonna break it eventually and ive had it for only 30 hours. Its almost like im afraid to use it lol. Im already down for a INtelli cart. Atleast I put a post up that i am. Now if i could just find time to play. Any millionaires here can take me under their wing for a month? We can play games all day. I cook like "mama mia" and fix and clean anything you want as long as its playtime for atleast 8 hours a day. For all of that you get to pay my bills for the month. Not a bad deal. No homo stuff though. :lust: Im just not into that "Not that anythings wrong with that"--Seinfeld :grin:

Congratulations man

I'm still mad I didn't buy it first though :)

The more I read about this cart the cooler it sounds, it never interested me before but now I kind of want one, I guess I'll have to get in line though - LOL. Oh well, I spent the cash on a Turbo Express and I always wanted one of those anyways so I'll just keep my eyes open.

Crazy Climber...

As a consolation prize... you CAN put yourself together an Atari 800XL, a MyIDE multicart, and a nice sized CF card and CF-to-IDE adaptor for less than you would pay for the CC2 alone...

If you're interested in a multicart based retro system, this isn't a bad way to go and opens up access to just about as many titles, if not more, than the 2600/7800 library (and the Imagic titles are virtually the same in either case)...

Pretty much ALL of the Multicarts out there rock. They're just so convienient.