IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

Yoshi's Cookie, huh?

I wonder if this WiiWare thing is making them hold off on Dr. Mario.

Dr. Mario will not likely to be released on the vc.

Dr. Mario is already released Japan as a wiiware game as Dr. Mario &Bacteria Extermination. The game futures online play.

Sometimes I really hate Nintendo.

Not only do they miss the joy and delight of four player Dr Mario in person, their whole online thing is such a bland child-friendly mess of endless numbers to type in.

ONLINE SHMONLINE I MIGHT AS WELL BE PLAYING A G'DAMN COMPUTER! DUH!

retards.

VC List Updated for April 14, 2008. Pretty good week I think! We got Fantasy Zone for the SMS and what I consider to be the best Turrican made for the 16-bit systems (Minus the Amiga original of course), Mega Turrican for the Genesis! Have a fun & excellent week!

VC List updated for April 21, 2008. Not a bad week at all! River City Ransom for the NES!!! And Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom for the Genesis!

I have to admit I'm surprised that Sega has released the Phantasy Star games on the Genesis given their easy and cheaper availability on the PS2 compilation. Still a good week to be sure!

I have to admit I'm surprised that Sega has released the Phantasy Star games on the Genesis given their easy and cheaper availability on the PS2 compilation.

I agree, that it is cheaper on the Ps2 compilation, but It shouldn't be suprising. A good amount of vc genesis games can be on the PS2 compilation besides the Phantasy Star series on the genesis.

Edited by 8th lutz

VC List updated for April 28, 2008. Only one game released today for the VC. But it is a very good game...

Double Dragon for the NES has been released for the VC! Double Dragon is probably one of the most well known games for the NES. Truly a classic to be downloaded!

Have fun!

VC List updated for May 5, 2008. Two more games to the roster of greats this week. Renegade for the NES and Pokemon Puzzle League for the N64. Puzzle League is quite fun I have to admit.

See you guys next week!

VC List updated for May 5, 2008. Two more games to the roster of greats this week. Renegade for the NES and Pokemon Puzzle League for the N64. Puzzle League is quite fun I have to admit.

Puzzle League is pretty great! And the Pokemon version is fun in the grating taunts kind of way.

Usual Gripe Variant: I'd probably buy it if Nintendo hadn't forced me to re-establish my N64 as my sole legal means of playing 4 player Dr. Mario at my friend's house, thus also letting me just play from the original cart.

That's a nice surprise here. Today we got two new PC-Engine shoot'em ups, Gradius II amd Final Soldier :)
I'm going to kill Konami! When will North America see this?!

They're doing something that's called Hanabi-Festival here, it seems to mean they're focusing on imports for a few weeks. Today we got yet another PC-Engine shmup named Cho Aniki, also looking interesting.

I'm pretty sure you'll get these things also in a week or two :)

VC List Updated for May 12, 2008. No VC titles released today. This is due to Nintendo officially launching the Wii-Ware games today! I will start a separate thread list for those since they could easily add to them in greater numbers than the usual VC releases.

I'm off do to that now and grab me some Lostwinds!

VC List updated for May 19, 2008. Only one NES title added this week. SkyKid. Haven't played nor do I even remeber this title, but there it is.

Yeah, me either but I do know what the label on the cart looks like from seeing it so many times while going through piles of NES games here and there.

Doesn't seem too exciting but maybe someone out there has been waiting for this one.....who knows?

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

No one remembers SkyKid? :o

For shame! It was a very popular arcade game at the time. I remember playing it at Showbiz Pizza quite a bit when I was a kid. In fact, I picked up the NES cart for it just last year! It's a good game, and a fun side-scrolling shmup with its own twists. I highly recommend it.

No one remembers SkyKid? :o

For shame! It was a very popular arcade game at the time. I remember playing it at Showbiz Pizza quite a bit when I was a kid. In fact, I picked up the NES cart for it just last year! It's a good game, and a fun side-scrolling shmup with its own twists. I highly recommend it.

I played the NES version a lot, but I never knew it was an arcade game. The NES version is really hard at the higher levels.

Tempest

Here's a few obligatory links:

KLOV entry

Wikipedia Entry

GameTap link (For those of you with subscriptions)

Everything2 description

Review on MobyGames

GameFAQ entry

As Tempest said, it's a bit hard at first. However, you do usually make progress on each play-through, so it doesn't get overly frustrating. :)

VC List updated for Memorial Day May 26, 2008. Two more titles added this week. City Connection for the NES which, to be honest I've never heard of so I can't provide an opinion on that one. And one of the Neo-Geo's greatest series is introduced with the first game and still awesome game... Metal Slug! But to be fair, 900 points for a single game being emulated is crazy when you get all the Metal Slugs on one disk emulated just as well for $30 or less.

Have a fun & safe holiday!

City Connection is a crazy, car-based platformer. The NES port was decent. More about the original here: http://klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7345

While I agree with you that $30 for the Metal Slug Anthology is a better deal, there's something to be said for buying them a la carte, which is cheaper if you don't need the whole dang series. I was happy to get Metal Slug 3 for $10 on XBLA until I stumbled upon a cheap collection disc. The same goes for the Sega Genesis collection, any Sonic the Hedgehog game, or the early Neo Geo games, all of which are available on collections at reasonable prices. Choice is good!