IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo simply keeps on making us copy files back and forth to SD cards or re-download purchased files. Their spokespeople have said that hard drive storage is less relevant since we have such ready access to the internet.

Perhaps it goes along with their "less is more" strategy with simpler games and controls. I know that having hundreds of ROM files on a hard disk is less compelling to me than a dozen or two favorites prominently displayed in in the Wii Channel list.

Sounds about right. As long as you're able to freely re-download the games from the 'net, or store them on an SD card, and ultimately on your PC hard drive (and most folks have a PC these days), Nintendo probably figured that's a good enough solution and to spend their time working on other stuff. While it does work, people would likely pay for, say, an add-on USB drive where additional (perhaps even an unlimited number of) channels could be loaded. Or an update to read directly from the SD card would be nice too.

If they were going for the whole "ready access to the Internet approach", surprises me that they'd download the games direct to the console at all, in favor of some kind of streaming type option and temporary storage on the console itself (would be murder for me on dialup though :ponder: ). Of course the other problem with the "ready access to the Internet" thing is that, what happens when the old VC system for the Wii is bumped off the net in favor of something else? Then you're stuck without being able to download off the 'net, and stuck with just what's on the SD card or your console.

Eventually though, they'll have to address the issue that 512MB is a lot, but is just not enough. Then you'll see a more fitting solution to the problem, I think (although it may be one you have to pay for).

I'm okay with waiting for Bubble Bobble... just the fact that it has been rated means it will be on the way sometime soon... and that is just plan awesome!

Today had Mario 3? Hmm.. I never did play this one much (the neighbours rented this game for a month straight when it came out) but maybe now's the time to give it a shot... especially with Mario Galaxy out next week! :)

Hmm, you've only just been missing out on one of the greatest games of all time in Mario 3...LOL. ;)

Bleh so actually, if there's a VC port of Dr. Mario, it's going to be the NES original, and not the N64 multiplayer?

For shame, Nintendo.

Actually in the latest NP (their "Holiday" issue), they mention something about a WiiWare downloadable remake of Dr. Mario that's supposed to feature some multiplayer capabilities. A Wii-specific version though, and not a VC title. If I were to guess, though, if there is a VC version of the game, yes, it'll be the NES original, and perhaps a little later down the road the N64 one.

VC list updated for Nov. 26, 2007. This week is a blah week to be sure. Double Dribble for the NES, Vegas Strike for the SNES, and Ecco Jr. which is a lighthearted easier Ecco the dolphin game aimed at the younger ones. In fairness, Ecco Jr. is somewhat hard to find in the wild as it was a Sega Club exclusive game and therefore had limited initial release.

Yeah, nothing too exciting there. Hopefully they are backfilling this week and storing up some good ones for the holiday weeks ahead.

Aww come on! Wrecking Crew rocks! Wrecking Crew and Ice Climber were two of the first games I picked up for the NES back in the day. Sure it's a bit simplistic, but it's fun to just run around and destroy stuff. Plus those Gotchawrench things are mega creepy looking... I'm actually surprised it hadn't been released before now.

Tempest

I checked out the esrb website today and I saw a game that appears to be a future import on the vc. The Game is called Puyo Puyo 2. It is the Sega Genesis version. The website said the Publisher is SEGA of America. The game was released in Japan in 1994. In Japan, Puyo Puyo 2 is Puyo Puyo Tsuu.

Here is the youtube video for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cHkxadIMfg

I don't know when this game will be coming out for the vc. The game plays like Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. It is the same game, but with it being altered.

Edited by 8th lutz

Yeah, nothing too exciting there. Hopefully they are backfilling this week and storing up some good ones for the holiday weeks ahead.

Aww come on! Wrecking Crew rocks! Wrecking Crew and Ice Climber were two of the first games I picked up for the NES back in the day. Sure it's a bit simplistic, but it's fun to just run around and destroy stuff. Plus those Gotchawrench things are mega creepy looking... I'm actually surprised it hadn't been released before now.

Tempest

I'm with you, Wrecking Crew and Ice Climber are great! The backfill I was referring to are this weeks stellar lineup of Double Dribble, Vegas Stakes, and Ecco Jr, blech :yawn:

VC List updated for Dec. 03, 2007. I have to be honest and state that I've never played or heard anything about the games in this weeks line up. Therefore, I can't really comment on this weeks releases. However, another Turbo CD release has to be good right?

I have to say this is a pretty good week for the vc. Zanac is pretty good shooter from the nes. I enjoyed Enternal Champions back when it first release. It a very good game for it's time if you owned a 6 button controller. I own Wonder Boy in Monster World in cartridge form. I am pretty sure Dynastic Hero is a very game game also with one major difference. That difference is the final boss is not insanely hard to my understanding due to Dynastic Hero not having the buzz-saw and conveyor belt.

Edited by 8th lutz

My apologies for not yet updating this list. At this time I'm unable to as I'm part of a new disaster which occured in the Oklahoma area due to our nasty ice storm last weekend. I've been without power since Monday early morning and am still without power now. I'm currently typing this from a public access connection at my workplace. This isn't something I'm supposed to be doing, so I won't be on long. But I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten, I just haven't been able to.

In addition, with the status of my new job, the updates will be delayed anyway as I start work before the Nintendo press site even updates on Mondays. As a result, the updates to this list won't be done until I've gotten home from work on Monday evenings. I would do it from work, except that Atariage along with any site related to gaming of any kind is barred access from the standard connections here at the hospital.

Hopefully, my power is restored soon, and my cable modem access thereafter so I can catch up on what I've missed.

Funny how that works. My work place bans gaming related sites as well, yet oddly enough does not ban sports related sites or even youtube. Like those latter sites are work related. :lol:

Anyways luckily that does not inhibit me in that we have other means of browsing the internet, but it is a pain in the tush and I can relate. :)

My apologies for not yet updating this list. At this time I'm unable to as I'm part of a new disaster which occured in the Oklahoma area due to our nasty ice storm last weekend. I've been without power since Monday early morning and am still without power now.

That is okay. I heard what happened in your area on the news.

Funny how that works. My work place bans gaming related sites as well, yet oddly enough does not ban sports related sites or even youtube. Like those latter sites are work related. :lol:

Anyways luckily that does not inhibit me in that we have other means of browsing the internet, but it is a pain in the tush and I can relate. :)

I have the SAME problem...

This one dude at work sits around obsessing over sports and reading the web pages all day long, but I cant do anything related to video games.... Pisses me off.

As I stated in an earlier post above, I can't update this list until Monday evenings now. I did check the Nintendo press release site at 20 after 7am this morning and they still hadn't posted the releases. So...while I appreciate Flojo posting the info this time, I'm curious as to how the heck you go the info before Nintendo even released the press release on it?

Anyway, as Flojo mentioned, Cybernator for the SNES was released. This is a title that I've NEVER played or even heard of..so I can't comment on this one much.

Alien Storm for Genesis was released. This game isn't half bad. It basically is a sci-fi mix of golden axe meets streets of rage. The game has standard side scrolling beat em up type action with some shooting gallery and speed levels mixed in for variety. Decent overall, but I find this title to be overly difficult compared to most side scrolling brawlers.

Last is Monster Lair for the TG16, which is the same game as Wonder Boy in Monster world released on the Genesis. I haven't played the TG16 version but I would assume it being a CDrom game it has redbook audio and perhaps better colors?