IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Depends on if the condition in your photos matches the photos provided in the listing.

Most stuff is listed "as is" these days so unless your latest purchase was damaged in transit or differs greatly from the listing description then not a lot you can do apart from think what that $75 could have bought you - like a nice dinner for two, or a nice reconditioned Atari 400 or an as new Atari 65XE.

A while back I bought an Indus GT on ebay, Seller said "As Is" and He didn't even know how to test the drive, I already had a 5200 psu brick which is perfect and plugged It in to the back then plugged the psu into the wall and then flipped the switch to On, It lights up and works like My 1st one that I had and best of all the drive needed no cleaning, nice. So I can't complain, Since It's not a PC most don't know squat about the A8 computers, But then some people were in diapers when they were New.

That sounds like a sweet deal you got there. What I hate is when sellers have no idea about what they are selling (in itself not a bad thing as it can mean bargains) and thus decide to take no care in packing stuff up properly so it gets bashed around in transit. I also can't stand sellers who list Atari stuff and say "it is a bit filthy, could do with a clean"......... makes me roll my eyes .... lazy b************ - just polish the stuff up so it looks better - only takes a few minutes. :ponder:

Hey, it's their loss and our gain. I've picked up five 1050s in the past couple of weeks. Three were perfectly good (just needed cleaning and a bit of oil), one needed a new track zero sensor, and the fifth had a short somewhere (that I didn't want to mess with). I gave the board to someone with more skills and kept the Tandon drive because I swear it's the cleanest one I've ever seen...

Ahh... much better. Got rids of the rat's nest, reworked the parallel and hardwired SIO cable

After & Before

Clearly I know how to handle a soldering iron :)

Taking a PR Connection out of the case in order to solder a printer cable directly to the solder pads, when all they needed was a DB15 connector and hood. That`s stupid.

This also shows how much ICD was cutting costs when it was made, the circuit board is designed for 2 SIO port connectors but they soldered the cable to the board to save the cost of one SIO port and cable plug.

Yeah I have one of these ICD PR Connection hubs, Of course It needs power from the SIO bus and I have a 1200XL which has neither +12v or +5v, It's too bad It didn't have a plug onboard for the right type of Atari psu brick, sigh.

Replacing R63 with a jumper wire fixes the SIO +5V supply issue, I read some 1200XLs didn't even come with it installed.

R63 is back near the SIO port, to the immediate right of Q3.

Depends on if the condition in your photos matches the photos provided in the listing.

Most stuff is listed "as is" these days so unless your latest purchase was damaged in transit or differs greatly from the listing description then not a lot you can do apart from think what that $75 could have bought you - like a nice dinner for two, or a nice reconditioned Atari 400 or an as new Atari 65XE.

A while back I bought an Indus GT on ebay, Seller said "As Is" and He didn't even know how to test the drive, I already had a 5200 psu brick which is perfect and plugged It in to the back then plugged the psu into the wall and then flipped the switch to On, It lights up and works like My 1st one that I had and best of all the drive needed no cleaning, nice. So I can't complain, Since It's not a PC most don't know squat about the A8 computers, But then some people were in diapers when they were New.

That sounds like a sweet deal you got there. What I hate is when sellers have no idea about what they are selling (in itself not a bad thing as it can mean bargains) and thus decide to take no care in packing stuff up properly so it gets bashed around in transit. I also can't stand sellers who list Atari stuff and say "it is a bit filthy, could do with a clean"......... makes me roll my eyes .... lazy b************ - just polish the stuff up so it looks better - only takes a few minutes. :ponder:

Hey, it's their loss and our gain. I've picked up five 1050s in the past couple of weeks. Three were perfectly good (just needed cleaning and a bit of oil), one needed a new track zero sensor, and the fifth had a short somewhere (that I didn't want to mess with). I gave the board to someone with more skills and kept the Tandon drive because I swear it's the cleanest one I've ever seen...

i should advertise more... need more 1050's? :'D

sloopy.

So YOU are the one..... :) :)

post-16281-0-02099600-1301377419_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-74503200-1301377424_thumb.jpg

I keep meaning to snipe and forget to bid (get busy with something else).

So YOU are the one..... :) :)

post-16281-0-02099600-1301377419_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-74503200-1301377424_thumb.jpg

I keep meaning to snipe and forget to bid (get busy with something else).

Feel free to snipe when I post the drives back on eBay... ;)

This was a while back, but I wanted to see if there is any interest in this product?

Atari Word Processor

Ah... fond memories. This is was the only program I ran more than M.U.L.E. or the Ultimas...

Oh yeah, Me too, Lots of playing M.U.L.E., The author passed away I'd heard not to long ago, sigh. But there is M.U.L.E. for the PC now, It's a new windows program, It works good and It's based on the authors old A8 game with His relatives blessings. And today M.U.L.E. has a website Here and they update It. Of course Its multiplayer online, But hey It has a great price, It's FREE! Oh and there is no advertising in the game either... :) Although I do have the classic version on Disk, Trying to find It in Cartridge format is pretty hard to do, Unless ones likes the NES and then one can find a few.

header.jpg

Interest as in you are selling it?

Nah, I've never seen it before or since the ebay auction. The binder is fantastic, full of beautiful full color instructions, the plastic Atari hole protector is original, and I've never seen the 3 hole cassette holder either.

I meant for archiving the disk images, scanning the documentation.

Whats the original ebay link auction? Waht did the pictures look like? that would determine how I followed up on this.

I posted earlier in this thread here, and they don't look THAT bad...

On ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3005391013841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300539101384&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmmm, states dirty in the text, but nothing about cracked or broken items... I'd complain.

Whats the original ebay link auction? Waht did the pictures look like? that would determine how I followed up on this.

On ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3005391013841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300539101384&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmmm, states dirty in the text, but nothing about cracked or broken items... I'd complain.

I looked at the photos, No cracks seen, But then the photos are not from all sides really and man are they ever DIRTY, I mean were they in a flood or something? Gak...

I looked at the photos, No cracks seen, But then the photos are not from all sides really and man are they ever DIRTY, I mean were they in a flood or something? Gak...

I'd tell him this stuff is junk and that you either want a partial refund because of that, or or a full refund + he pays shipping, or you're going to BOTH leave a NEG and open a claim for "significantly not as described." He damn well could have taken pictures of those cracks and breaks, and he deliberately chose not to, and misrepresent the items by not fully disclosing the condition, via those tactics.

But in his feedback, he got a neg from some COMPLETE IDIOT who was trying to leave him positive feedback. That's one thing about Ebay that sucks is they don't let you screen out newbies....this bozo only had feedback of 2!

post-16281-0-10160800-1301438887_thumb.jpg

Edited by wood_jl

This was a while back, but I wanted to see if there is any interest in this product?

Atari Word Processor

Very Nice! I have one almost identical (lacking Atari logo on the white plastic tab) What is the serial number of yours? (mine is SD 002917)

AHH S**T!!! I already bid, but just the minimum. Sheesh, how come I didn't realize that!?!

*sighs*

Well, I'm bidding on the other one, too. (The MIO was relisted.) Also minimum bid...

I'm tapped out right now, too. This just isn't my week on eBay... that reminds me...