IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Dear fibrewire and compsuccess,

This message is an automated reply to a contact information request made by fibrewire. This request is related to item #390301233452.

Important Usage Guidelines:

• 1. This contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.

• 2. Use of this information to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not permitted. Items purchased outside of eBay are not eligible for eBay services.

Contact Information for compsuccess

User ID: compsuccess

*** Personal Information Removed ***

Now i'm sure most of you recognize this name, as i've found him here on AtariAge. He is probably legit, but still - what the hell is going on here?

*****, as seen here. I'm sorry dude, but we have to get this ebay thing ironed out.

I'd tell him this stuff is junk and that you either want a partial refund because of that, or or a full refund + he pays shipping, or you're going to BOTH leave a NEG and open a claim for "significantly not as described." He damn well could have taken pictures of those cracks and breaks, and he deliberately chose not to, and misrepresent the items by not fully disclosing the condition, via those tactics.

But in his feedback, he got a neg from some COMPLETE IDIOT who was trying to leave him positive feedback. That's one thing about Ebay that sucks is they don't let you screen out newbies....this bozo only had feedback of 2!

post-16281-0-10160800-1301438887_thumb.jpg

You can't tell a seller that you will leave NEG feedback if he won't issue a refund, that's extortion!

You have to word your message to a seller with a round about way instead...

You can't tell a seller that you will leave NEG feedback if he won't issue a refund, that's extortion!

You have to word your message to a seller with a round about way instead...

Hee hee I guess it is. But I prefer a euphemistically-legitimized term such as "leverage." :)

I find the listing was a dishonest representation, to take pics of smashed up broken stuff, and not show those parts.

Hee hee I guess it is. But I prefer a euphemistically-legitimized term such as "leverage." :)

I find the listing was a dishonest representation, to take pics of smashed up broken stuff, and not show those parts.

Well, that's what ebay will tell you if the seller reports it, trust me I know, I found out the hard way ;)

I agree, that was dishonest representation by leaving out details of the actual condition. Very misleading...

This message is an automated reply to a contact information request made by fibrewire. This request is related to item #390301233452.

• 1. This contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.

• 2. Use of this information to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not permitted. Items purchased outside of eBay are not eligible for eBay services.

Name: David Schreiber

Company: Computer Success

City: Columbus

State: OH

Phone: (614) 279-6236

Registered Since: Friday, Sep 29, 2000 12:12:43 PDT

Now i'm sure most of you recognize this name, as i've found him here on AtariAge. He is probably legit, but still - what the hell is going on here?

David Schreiber, as seen here. I'm sorry dude, but we have to get this ebay thing ironed out.

Dude! How do you find all this info? I've never seen this stuff, only the option to message the seller on Ebay. Furthermore, how can you cross reference their actual name with AtariAge handle?

At any rate, if we ever have a a trade, I shall deal you squarely! :)

Name: David Schreiber

Company: Computer Success

City: Columbus

State: OH

Phone: (614) 279-6236

Registered Since: Friday, Sep 29, 2000 12:12:43 PDT

David Schreiber, as seen here. I'm sorry dude, but we have to get this ebay thing ironed out.

Dude! How do you find all this info? I've never seen this stuff, only the option to message the seller on Ebay. Furthermore, how can you cross reference their actual name with AtariAge handle?

At any rate, if we ever have a a trade, I shall deal you squarely! :)

Dude! That's so easy, All one has to do is bid on someones stuff and request the info, You have to have the persons ebay user name and the item number, Also You need the link, Which I keep handy, Which will do no good If one isn't bidding on the sellers goods, After that both users contact details are sent to the buyer who's requesting the info and the seller.

The 400s and 800s were fairly popular, but compared to the ZX81 and Vic 20 nowhwere near as common. I would say that the 400s are easier to find than the 800s. They were very expensive over here. A boxed one is a fairly uncomon find though, probably see one every couple of months on ebay and the usually go for over £100. I got this little lot for £50 so I think I did pretty well.

Almost every beige lot has a knackered 410 included!, the 810s are really rather rare IMO, again because of cost of the drive and the software, it was far easier to copy cassettes :)

I have only seen 2 810s on ebay in the last 6 months, and no boxed ones at all (although hopefuly a contact on another forum has a boxed one for me soon)

The 400s and 800s were fairly popular, but compared to the ZX81 and Vic 20 nowhwere near as common. I would say that the 400s are easier to find than the 800s. They were very expensive over here. A boxed one is a fairly uncomon find though, probably see one every couple of months on ebay and the usually go for over £100. I got this little lot for £50 so I think I did pretty well.

Almost every beige lot has a knackered 410 included!, the 810s are really rather rare IMO, again because of cost of the drive and the software, it was far easier to copy cassettes :)

I have only seen 2 810s on ebay in the last 6 months, and no boxed ones at all (although hopefuly a contact on another forum has a boxed one for me soon)

On the flip side in the UK 1050's are easier to find as Dixons sold them in packs with the 800XL for a much more reasonable cost (although I would hazard a guess there are a LOT more 1010's flaoting about)...

Good find mimo :)

On the flip side in the UK 1050's are easier to find as Dixons sold them in packs with the 800XL for a much more reasonable cost (although I would hazard a guess there are a LOT more 1010's flaoting about)...

Good find mimo :)

Yeah 400's and 410's were popular over here too and why not? They cost a good deal of cash back then.

Yes, and a lot of users only got a fdd where the 1050 was reduced, hence quite a lot of 800 lots with 1050's

I had a 1050 with my 400 48 k for a good while before getting an xl.(and it had a lazer chip fitted)

i got a MIO (indirectly) from ebay :')

sloopy.

Details and pics (please?) or "it doesn't exist!" ha ha you know we like pics.

the link was already posted 3 or 4 times... :')

and there has been enough drama in this thread about it already...

sloopy.

Maybe I'm goofy, but I enjoy giving new life to some poor, neglected, but otherwise worthy machine. Case in point:

post-18605-0-86186000-1301362167_thumb.png

Got the Apple //c yesterday. Tried it today and it works!

Is it Atari related? I think the 800 was heavily influence by the Apple ][.

Very nice find Rhod !!! Amazing !!!

And now....

It's Modem time on Ebay! :lust:

post-25989-0-77645100-1301685852_thumb.jpg

Keeping company each other! :D

post-25989-0-70303500-1301685924_thumb.jpg

post-25989-0-50513900-1301685915_thumb.jpg

post-25989-0-63057900-1301685903_thumb.jpg

How do you like my "inner" repro box?? ;)

post-25989-0-83098900-1301685892_thumb.jpg

Too bad the Atari 835 Modem was "super-loose" :sad:

No box, no manual, no power supply (i can use the 830 one if neeeded though) etc.

Is there any Atari Age lucky collector who owns a boxed / complete Atari 835 modem ?? :?

Care to share some pics of the set ??? :roll:

I bet it had a brown box just like the Atari 850 interface used to have....

post-25989-0-50302700-1301686322_thumb.jpg

:ponder:

Edited by iratasan