IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

A mint condition (well, at least a 9 out of 10 - the only imperfection being the RCA inputs are oxidized) Atari Video Music, complete with original box, packagnig, and manual! Took long enough to find one of these.

Stephen Anderson

• 2 weeks later...

How about a mint in the box 600XL? The box was a bit tattered, bit the insides were almost new. The 600XL was still in its plastic bag taped shut. It still had that XL styrofoam smell, and the plastic of the 600XL.. well I can't recall ever being able to feel the texture so strong on any XL. Most used XLs have a smooth feel to them even though they have a texture. The was was flat out rough I say.

A strange one, I picked up an 800XL and 1050 cheap.

The 1050 works well, but has 6 holes drilled in the top case :?

The 800XL did not boot, so I had a go at socketing and replacing the RAM, which I am happy to report worked first time.

I put the case through the dishwasher and it came up a treat, no yellowing,and the cartrige doors still have the protective plastic film on them, but the silver buttons are all marked, so thats the next thing to sort.

All the power supplys have had the cables cut, so not sure if they work, got an XL,1050 and 1029 PSU :?:

Can the 1029 psu be used on a 400 or 1050?

I purchased an Atari lot where everything was "supposed" to work but of coarse does not. Instead I received an 800XL that only produces a black screen, a 410 that needs it's main belt, at least, replaced, a 1050 drive that does function well but the mechanism that locks into place when you insert a disk then pushes it back out is stuck. So you have to reach in and pull the floppy out with the tips of your fingers. The four carts work fine though. At least I didn't pay a fortune for it all. Still upsetting though.

Can the 1029 psu be used on a 400 or 1050?

Your 1029 has an external PSU?

my mistake, 1027!

OK, I think that the 1027 PSU should be fine. IIRC it's 9.5V rather than 9, but I'll buy you a new PSU if it doesn't work ;-)

no, its 8.5 v 4A

you buying a new 400 if I fry it :P