IGNORED

Wii has been a smash success and I am happy.

homerwannabee

i love how this topic went to hell in a handbasket...

Same ol' same ol' -

C64 vs A8, Spectrum vs A8, Apple II vs A8, C64 vs Apple II, cellphone vs Apollo 11 mission, et cetera, ad nauseam.

As Chickybaby's sig used to say - "Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one, and they all stink."

handbasket...

:x

You seem to be forgetting something...

1. You do not talk about handbaskets.

2. You do not talk about handbaskets.

3. If someone says stop, goes limp, even if he's just faking it, the weaving is over.

4. Only two guys to a weave.

5. One weave at a time.

6. They weave without shirts or shoes.

7. The weaving goes on as long as they have to.

8. If this is your first weave at AtariAge, you have to weave.

:ponder:

handbasket...

3. If someone says stop, goes limp, even if he's just faking it, the weaving is over.

5. One weave at a time.

ok...either your on crack or im to tired to realise some sort of joke u were trying to make :roll:

I'm not arguing with you, kisrael....To be honest I got no clue what your issue is LOL Go drink some hot tea and take a bubble bath or something.

Don't be such a condescending twit. (and also, consider not LOLing at what you just wrote. It makes you sound like a tool.)

If your point was specifically a counterargument about Xbox Live, I would have no beef with that. But you framed it in terms of ANYONE's ability to comment on a system that they don't own. And a bunch of people called you on that, because trying to control a conversation by claiming someone's opinion is valueless is a god damn rude thing to do.

What moycon was trying to point out is that an in-depth opinion about something is only possible if one has had wide experience with or about something. Certainly everyone can have a general opinion about something, but having an educated opinion is a different story.

Now as to the Wii being a smashing success.... I have no opinion other than longevity will be the true test.

Oh and it is also my opinion that the terms asshat and troll are completly RE-tarded and should not be used by anyone over the age of 12. This also goes for the term twit. Tool is okay as long as the word f-ing precedes it. Otherwise you just appear to be a prepubescent boy who's not allowed to use grown-up words yet.

Oh and it is also my opinion that the terms asshat and troll and wiitard are completly RE-tarded and should not be used by anyone over the age of 12. Otherwise you just appear to be a prepubescent boy who's not allowed to use grown-up words yet.

fixed.

thanks, that was needed

Oh and it is also my opinion that the terms asshat and troll and wiitard are completly RE-tarded and should not be used by anyone over the age of 12. Otherwise you just appear to be a prepubescent boy who's not allowed to use grown-up words yet.

fixed.

thanks, that was needed

wrong

fixed.

thanks, that was needed

wrong

yes you are ;)

Oh and it is also my opinion that the terms asshat and troll are completly RE-tarded and should not be used by anyone over the age of 12.

What's wrong with the term troll? It's old-internet speak :) Trolling for newbies is still fun :D

Edited by NE146

handbasket...

5. One weave at a time.

ok...either your on crack or im to tired to realise some sort of joke u were trying to make :roll:

Think Fight Club.

This whole thread is wii-tarded and yall are nothing but a bunch of trolls! :P :-D

Most over used word??? -----------> Fanboy

Edited by Shannon

handbasket...

5. One weave at a time.

Think Fight Club.

This whole thread is wii-tarded and yall are nothing but a bunch of trolls! :P :-D

HEY!, only people who call other people trolls that were called trolls by other people are trolls!... i think :ponder:

and i hated fight club, so i guess thast why i didnt get the joke lol :D

IMHO if you don't like the Wii, you don't like videogames.

Same said for the 360 and the PS3. They are all going to have great games...just play 'em.

idk gundam and happy feet were pretty sucky :D. joking :) I love my wii, and one day when i have expendable income ill get the others 360 first.. most probably ps3 when its on its way out or something, i just cant afford 600 bucks with nothing to play on it.

Same said for the 360 and the PS3. They are all going to have great games...just play 'em.

idk gundam and happy feet were pretty sucky :D. joking :) I love my wii, and one day when i have expendable income ill get the others 360 first.. most probably ps3 when its on its way out or something, i just cant afford 600 bucks with nothing to play on it.

Whats Happy Feet? Is that based on the movie of the same name?

I hadn't been to the theater to watch a movie in awhile. The last flick I saw in a theater was Tomb Raider...The first one!

Anyways, last week-end we went to the theater and watched...Happy Feet!

It was a decent enough movie I suppose. I didnt know there was a video game based on it.

Whats Happy Feet? Is that based on the movie of the same name?

I hadn't been to the theater to watch a movie in awhile. The last flick I saw in a theater was Tomb Raider...The first one!

Anyways, last week-end we went to the theater and watched...Happy Feet!

It was a decent enough movie I suppose. I didnt know there was a video game based on it.

yea its for the wii, i dont know if its for other systems. i know its scores were lackluster. btw, check out Night at the Museam, that really shocked me and had me cracking up, great movie and the only good one for some reason this holiday..

yea its for the wii, i dont know if its for other systems. i know its scores were lackluster. btw, check out Night at the Museam, that really shocked me and had me cracking up, great movie and the only good one for some reason this holiday..

Wow...You're not kidding. 4.5 is the rating IGN gave it...and it's members only voted it up to 5.0!

Sounds like this is a game squarely aimed at kids though. One of the complaints is that it's way too easy. It sounds like it has decent control. I suspect someone young would probably enjoy the game.

Wow...You're not kidding. 4.5 is the rating IGN gave it...and it's members only voted it up to 5.0!

Sounds like this is a game squarely aimed at kids though. One of the complaints is that it's way too easy. It sounds like it has decent control. I suspect someone young would probably enjoy the game.

yea, like the DS version, check that out.. they said it controlled well and looked good, even had good songs... but it simply was too easy and terribly short, to the point were it was almost unworthy of play after your first run through.

yea, like the DS version, check that out.. they said it controlled well and looked good, even had good songs... but it simply was too easy and terribly short, to the point were it was almost unworthy of play after your first run through.

I think in a case like that they should have someone other than a 26 year old Gears Of War addict write the review.

Write a review based on watching and asking a 4 or 5 year old kid what they think ya know?

This might be the perfect game for a parent to get their kid...but they might get turned off by the lack luster reviews, even though the reason they list for it being such a crap game are exactly what would make it fun for a small child.

I think in a case like that they should have someone other than a 26 year old Gears Of War addict write the review.

Write a review based on watching and asking a 4 or 5 year old kid what they think ya know?

This might be the perfect game for a parent to get their kid...but they might get turned off by the lack luster reviews, even though the reason they list for it being such a crap game are exactly what would make it fun for a small child.

yea i agree.. like the game Cars based on the movie. i have a cousin who loves that game, and they gave it a bad review because it wasnt "in depth". I think your right, someone who thinks Twighlight Princess and Halo are games of choice arent going to be playing Robots the DS game lol.. are they ever going to give it a 9.5? LOL

I'm still trying to figure out when the Classic Controller will most be used. Can Wii games read the GC ports? Is something like Smash Bros going to support both the GC and Classic Controller?

I don't think this was ever answered, so I'll answer for you. Yes, GameCube controllers can be utilized by Wii games, and in fact, Metal Slug Anthology has a GameCube control scheme, in addition to its various Wiimote layouts. What I don't get is why this control scheme was not also made to work with the Classic Controller add-on (I don't have a CC, but it still doesn't make much sense to me since they went through the trouble to make the game work with the GCN controller).

Additionally, I believe that I read somewhere that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will use the Classic Controller or the GameCube controller (your preference). I recall reading that there won't be an option for using the Wiimote, as the designer felt that there was no comfortable way of implementing a control scheme that worked well enough to lend itself to the Wiimote entirely. Just to be sure, though, someone might want to double-check me on that, but I believe that's correct. :)

Maybe I'm in the minority. But I dont own an HDTV and even if I did, I wouldnt play games on it, I find it VERY hard to play games on anything bigger that 27 inches. I want an HDTV, but for movies, not games.

BTW, if you hooked up a Wii to a computer monitor, would the features still work? Thats my next logical step in upgrading my screen for gaming

Oh and it is also my opinion that the terms asshat and troll are completly RE-tarded and should not be used by anyone over the age of 12.

What's wrong with the term troll? It's old-internet speak :) Trolling for newbies is still fun :D

Its been hijacked. Its once meaningful meaning has now become meaningless. Especially if the term asshat is used along with troll. The same pretty much goes for fanboy....

Its like Nirvana or The Cure. Once everyone, even the frat boys, started going to their concerts, they just became meaningless. Why do you think Cobain killed himself? Or when college co-eds made a line dance for Personal Jesus? Why do you think David Gahan tried to kill himself? You don't think the inventor of the words troll and fanboy aren't rolling in their graves right now? Because no doubt they've already killed themselves.

In fact, I think the term newbies might be going that route as well.....remember when the internet used to be cool? Now everyone's got it................. sigh.

Oh and it is also my opinion that the terms asshat and troll are completly RE-tarded and should not be used by anyone over the age of 12. This also goes for the term twit.

Wait, twelve and unders use the word twit? I thought I was being a little obscure.

I don't think this was ever answered, so I'll answer for you. Yes, GameCube controllers can be utilized by Wii games, and in fact, Metal Slug Anthology has a GameCube control scheme, in addition to its various Wiimote layouts. What I don't get is why this control scheme was not also made to work with the Classic Controller add-on (I don't have a CC, but it still doesn't make much sense to me since they went through the trouble to make the game work with the GCN controller).

The downside to the new controllers is that Nintendo doesn't seem to have put down comprehensive standards and practices for all this stuff...

Additionally, I believe that I read somewhere that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will use the Classic Controller or the GameCube controller (your preference). I recall reading that there won't be an option for using the Wiimote, as the designer felt that there was no comfortable way of implementing a control scheme that worked well enough to lend itself to the Wiimote entirely. Just to be sure, though, someone might want to double-check me on that, but I believe that's correct. :)

You know, it seems like it wouldn't be that tough...