IGNORED

Wii has been a smash success and I am happy.

homerwannabee

Wait, twelve and unders use the word twit? I thought I was being a little obscure.

Yeah Foxy was way off on that one. 12 years olds don't use the term "twit" much. My 56 year old mom does tho, she uses the word "pill" also.

In a way you kinda remind me a lot of her so I thought it was cute in spite of the fact you were yet again trying to insult me. ;)

*Runs off to play with Wii*

As Chickybaby's sig used to say - "Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one, and they all stink."

Mine actually smells like roses.

I understand what Moycon is saying, and I don't think I ever denied him the idea that owning a thing is the best way to know it intimately.

But you can certainly form an informed, educated opinion *without* owning an item. For example, I've never owned or even *driven* a Porsche. It is on my list of goals. But, I understand that even the least expensive Porsches require very expensive REGULAR maintenance, and also are more likely to have additional problems, than say, a BMW.

As far as how my lack of inclusion about certain aspects of XBox Live (homebrewing, cross game chatting, etc), relates to the validity of my opinion, that is just splitting hairs. I didn't think I needed to hit every bullet point in my rebuttal. But, for example, I don't like talking on the telephone to people I *know*. I'm not a big fan of "useless bullshitting". Why would I want to voice chat with virtual friends from a gaming community? Not a value add to me. I can certain, from my own perspective, elaborate on WHY the features of XBox live do not appeal to me. I figured a high-level overview was sufficient enough.

I actually kind of agree I pretty much only listen to opinions of a system from people who own it.. sorry :P I mean I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

It just makes sense to me that someone who has the thing in their house and has spent a good amount of time checking it inside and out.. their opinions would be the ones I want to hear! Just saying....

..hence why I feel free throwing out my opinion on most any console except the ps3, of which my only real current opinion is "it's too pricey" :lol:

Hmmm well I guess then it is impossible to make an informed decision, cause apparently you don't know anything about something until you actually own it. :lol:

Fire all the review writers!!!

The original point to that post was Xbox Live on the 360 is different than Xbox Live on the original Xbox....In many many ways.

The post made it sound like you had to own the system to comment on it (I guess honestly I was talking about 2 particular people and the statement was true..neither own a 360)...what I ment to get across was you had to experience whatever you were discussing to make a valid comment. My understanding was...(and still is) comments were made about peoples experience with the orginal Xbox. The 360 is not the original Xbox. Thats the whole jist of it. Amazing how that, turned into a shitfest.

Sorry for the confusion.

Feel free to whip the dead horse again tho. It is after all a new year.

At this juncture I'd just like to remind everyone that all these machines are in fact toys. Please recommence battle now, thankyou. :)

Cool, something new to argue about. Mine aren't toys. :D :P

Well maybe the Wii will be, when I get one. :ponder:

The original point to that post was Xbox Live on the 360 is different than Xbox Live on the original Xbox....In many many ways.

The post made it sound like you had to own the system to comment on it (I guess honestly I was talking about 2 particular people and the statement was true..neither own a 360)...what I ment to get across was you had to experience whatever you were discussing to make a valid comment. My understanding was...(and still is) comments were made about peoples experience with the orginal Xbox. The 360 is not the original Xbox. Thats the whole jist of it. Amazing how that, turned into a shitfest.

Sorry for the confusion.

Feel free to whip the dead horse again tho. It is after all a new year.

Listen, the point where I disagree with you is the idea that I have to experience XBox Live 360 in order to form an opinion on it. Having had experience with a myriad of subscription online services since Quantum-Link, I think it is fairly safe to say I'm familiar with the general atmosphere of an online service. From a personal perspective, the promise of an online service just doesn't excite me. I'm not saying that Xbox Live isn't a evolution over everything that came before it, simply that, the whole online experience as it relates to things like this isn't enough to make me consider a platform.

Listen, the point where I disagree with you is the idea that I have to experience XBox Live 360 in order to form an opinion on it

I understand that.

Going over and over why you disagree with my opinion isn't going to change anything....sorry.

I will say I felt similar to you before signing on to Live. I purposely didn't get online with the Xbox because of past experieneces. Needless to say it suprised me.

Get over me and my opinion. It's a fresh new year. No need for you to worry bout what ol moycon thinks when a world of opportunity is at your door step. Ok?

Unless you just aint got nothign better to do. In that case, carry on, honestly it doesn't matter to me either way but I'll tell you now, it aint gonna make a difference.

Why is it the only real arguing about the 360 is occuring in a Wii thread in the Wii forum? :?

I will digress from expressing my opinion on that, would not like there to be another thread shift.

I asked them to PM me if they wanted to continue the nonsense without craping on someones thread.

But you're right. I will do my part and stop.

homerwannabee, I'm glad you are so happy the Wii was a smash success.

God bless us...everyone.

There, finally the thread is 100% back on topic.

:P

Why is it the only real arguing about the 360 is occuring in a Wii thread in the Wii forum? :?

I will digress from expressing my opinion on that, would not like there to be another thread shift.

I asked them to PM me if they wanted to continue the nonsense without craping on someones thread.

But you're right. I will do my part and stop.

homerwannabee, I'm glad you are so happy the Wii was a smash success.

God bless us...everyone.

There, finally the thread is 100% back on topic.

:P

...and exactly how long do you expect it to stay there............... ;)

Every time I read these threads I think it's hilarious that people give a shit if someone else is happy with their choice of console. Since the VCS/INTV arguments of 25 years ago there's someone who wants you to feel bad about which game system you like to play. It's pathetic.

I think the term "asshat" never really reached the apex of it's existence.

I feel it is for the good of the world that we bring back asshat in a big way, until it has been truly overused and can be retired to the

I am too cool to use cool words library.

I think the term "asshat" never really reached the apex of it's existence.

I feel it is for the good of the world that we bring back asshat in a big way, until it has been truly overused and can be retired to the

I am too cool to use cool words library.

I wish people would quit introducing new words into the vocabulary like asshat. I'm still trying to figure out what an "artard" is! Sigh....

Mendon

well im pretty sure an asshat is a hat you wear on your ass... or is it an ass you wear as a hat. either way it was introduced years ago.

ohh sorry! Loving Twilight Princess and cant wait for Mario Galaxy.

Edited by bookman

I think the problem with this thread and with MOST "My Wii is bigger than your 360" type threads in general (replace Wii and 360 with... whatever... my Beta is better than your VCS... my Camero is better than your Mustang)... is often that the one doing the "defending" gets caught up in some kind of need to justify their OWN purchase, and starts making overbroad statements, ("You can't KNOW you would like or not like a Camero until you've OWNED one, Mustang-boy, so don't come in here with your opinion on Cameros until you've BOUGHT one!!!") And then it gets bogged down in silly things that really are tangents...

The whole time in this thread, my point has been that the Wii is marketed best toward my demographic, and is the ONLY "next-gen" console that has generated *any* significant interest in MYSELF. At which point I was beset upon by at least two posters who felt compelled to defend the 360 with the frevor of fire-and-brimstone Christian preachers trying to save the hell-bound. For every *reason* I stated I was interested, there was some completely non-sequitur counter-point presented.

"The controller sounds interesting" begat, "The graphics SuX0Rz, D00D!".

"The family/group play mechanic seems more suitable to my lifestyle", begat "Dude, you're a tool, you haven't even tried Xbox Live 360... how can you even have an opinion??? LOL!!!! *ROLL* "

And listen, it is not secret... the things I've said interest me about the Wii, the Wii is designed to CATER to those things, and the other consoles aren't. I never ruled out the 360 for people who it is appropriate to.

But, just like you're not going to see me, with my BMW tastes, rolling through town in a pimped out Chevelle with 22" dubs, or a white trash monster camero that sets off car alarms as it goes by, or a lowered honda with neon ground effects and a tail the size of a park bench... (no matter HOW bitchin *you* think those rides may be)... it helps to understand that the 360 or PS3 may not be the ULTIMATE console choice for EVERYBODY interested in gaming.

And *that* is what this constant argument has been about. Some guy with the pimped out Acura with NoX arguing that the guy with the Minivan has no RIGHT to comment because he has never enjoyed all the fine luxuries of a pimped out Acura with NoX, without ever considering the argument, "Your Acura won't fit my family and our soccer gear, ricer-boy"...

Asshat, indeed. Perhaps you are right, maybe this IS a term we need to start being more free with.

In summary, being that it seems that there are some people who REALLY need it all spelled out for them around here...

It would be nice if I could have a discussion, with other people thinking along the same lines, about product "A", without it attracting the "missionaries" who advocate product "B" and take any discussion that dismisses their chosen product as a call to holy war. I mean, as has been pointed out, it wasn't an Xbox 360 forum that was sidetracked into a point-counterpoint about the merits of the Wii.

Honestly, I'd even welcome some thoughtful and relevent opinion by fans of the alternatives. (And I'm not saying that there wasn't some informative information passed on here, by those fans). But, listen, if you want to be an advocate, a salesman, you've got to learn to state your point, listen to the objections of your "customer", and rather than arguing with them about that, move on to the next sales point. Watch a good salesman... If they make a point, and their customer says, "I don't care about that", very rarely do they spend a lot of time trying to convinice the customer that they *should* care about that. They move on to the next salespoint, hoping to find something that the consumer *is* interested in that this product features.

"The Mustang 2007 has fat-bottom, extra supported seats to support the bigger asses of American consumers, because Ford responded to the complaints of fatasses nation wide that were falling through their seats while driving"...

"Dude, I weight 120 pounds... I could care less about a super-reinforced seat"...

"Oh, well, that may be the case, but, we've also added a new one button ass-grabber 2000, that keeps narrow asses firmly planted in the seat during hard cornering manuvers..."

"REALLY? I'd like to see that..."

"Well, let's take her out for a test drive..."

So, if you want to ADVOCATE, be an advocate, don't go trolling for arguments. THAT is what causes these threads to go south. (And convinces people not to even give your perfered system the time of day, as well.)

Edited by Paranoid

People, this is a wii topic posted in a wii forum. It's not like he went into the 360 or PS3 forums and waved it in front of everyones face.

Besides. According to some numbers released recently the xbox 360 won the numbers race. :lol:

Well if you exclude the PS2. :rolling:

Edited by Shannon

I think the problem with this thread and with MOST "My Wii is bigger than your 360" type threads in general (replace Wii and 360 with... whatever... my Beta is better than your VCS... my Camero is better than your Mustang)... is often that the one doing the "defending" gets caught up in some kind of need to justify their OWN purchase, and starts making overbroad statements, ("You can't KNOW you would like or not like a Camero until you've OWNED one, Mustang-boy, so don't come in here with your opinion on Cameros until you've BOUGHT one!!!") And then it gets bogged down in silly things that really are tangents...

The whole time in this thread, my point has been that the Wii is marketed best toward my demographic, and is the ONLY "next-gen" console that has generated *any* significant interest in MYSELF. At which point I was beset upon by at least two posters who felt compelled to defend the 360 with the frevor of fire-and-brimstone Christian preachers trying to save the hell-bound. For every *reason* I stated I was interested, there was some completely non-sequitur counter-point presented.

"The controller sounds interesting" begat, "The graphics SuX0Rz, D00D!".

"The family/group play mechanic seems more suitable to my lifestyle", begat "Dude, you're a tool, you haven't even tried Xbox Live 360... how can you even have an opinion??? LOL!!!! *ROLL* "

And listen, it is not secret... the things I've said interest me about the Wii, the Wii is designed to CATER to those things, and the other consoles aren't. I never ruled out the 360 for people who it is appropriate to.

But, just like you're not going to see me, with my BMW tastes, rolling through town in a pimped out Chevelle with 22" dubs, or a white trash monster camero that sets off car alarms as it goes by, or a lowered honda with neon ground effects and a tail the size of a park bench... (no matter HOW bitchin *you* think those rides may be)... it helps to understand that the 360 or PS3 may not be the ULTIMATE console choice for EVERYBODY interested in gaming.

And *that* is what this constant argument has been about. Some guy with the pimped out Acura with NoX arguing that the guy with the Minivan has no RIGHT to comment because he has never enjoyed all the fine luxuries of a pimped out Acura with NoX, without ever considering the argument, "Your Acura won't fit my family and our soccer gear, ricer-boy"...

Asshat, indeed. Perhaps you are right, maybe this IS a term we need to start being more free with.

In summary, being that it seems that there are some people who REALLY need it all spelled out for them around here...

It would be nice if I could have a discussion, with other people thinking along the same lines, about product "A", without it attracting the "missionaries" who advocate product "B" and take any discussion that dismisses their chosen product as a call to holy war. I mean, as has been pointed out, it wasn't an Xbox 360 forum that was sidetracked into a point-counterpoint about the merits of the Wii.

Honestly, I'd even welcome some thoughtful and relevent opinion by fans of the alternatives. (And I'm not saying that there wasn't some informative information passed on here, by those fans). But, listen, if you want to be an advocate, a salesman, you've got to learn to state your point, listen to the objections of your "customer", and rather than arguing with them about that, move on to the next sales point. Watch a good salesman... If they make a point, and their customer says, "I don't care about that", very rarely do they spend a lot of time trying to convinice the customer that they *should* care about that. They move on to the next salespoint, hoping to find something that the consumer *is* interested in that this product features.

"The Mustang 2007 has fat-bottom, extra supported seats to support the bigger asses of American consumers, because Ford responded to the complaints of fatasses nation wide that were falling through their seats while driving"...

"Dude, I weight 120 pounds... I could care less about a super-reinforced seat"...

"Oh, well, that may be the case, but, we've also added a new one button ass-grabber 2000, that keeps narrow asses firmly planted in the seat during hard cornering manuvers..."

"REALLY? I'd like to see that..."

"Well, let's take her out for a test drive..."

So, if you want to ADVOCATE, be an advocate, don't go trolling for arguments. THAT is what causes these threads to go south. (And convinces people not to even give your perfered system the time of day, as well.)

Post like this are why I consider the wii forum "Comedy Central"

You seem to have lots of time. Go ahead go back through these 6 pages and find 1 single person, including me or Moycon who you seem to be talking about, and find 1 single time anyone said system x is better than system y. One time, find it. It never happened. Did anyone ever tell anybody that their reason for wanting a system wasn't good enough? Nope. Sure there are many things that are better one one system when compared but nobody, from anything I have read, even implied anything about your decision. And if you feel defensive, your fault. You asked questions about the 360 or Live and they were answered. The little importance that it really was to you, went over my head. I thought when you asked, you wanted a response or maybe find something out you didn't know. Next time don't engage in a discussion and ask questions if you don't care for an answer. Unless you are Italian, then go ahead, that's part of the genes and you can't help it.