IGNORED

Wii has been a smash success and I am happy.

homerwannabee

Post like this are why I consider the wii forum "Comedy Central"

You seem to have lots of time. Go ahead go back through these 6 pages and find 1 single person, including me or Moycon who you seem to be talking about, and find 1 single time anyone said system x is better than system y. One time, find it. It never happened. Did anyone ever tell anybody that their reason for wanting a system wasn't good enough? Nope. Sure there are many things that are better one one system when compared but nobody, from anything I have read, even implied anything about your decision. And if you feel defensive, your fault. You asked questions about the 360 or Live and they were answered. The little importance that it really was to you, went over my head. I thought when you asked, you wanted a response or maybe find something out you didn't know. Next time don't engage in a discussion and ask questions if you don't care for an answer. Unless you are Italian, then go ahead, that's part of the genes and you can't help it.

Who said I was talking about YOU in particular?

I never asked ANY questions about Xbox. I stated my opinion on why the Wii was the product *best* targeted to the *largest* consumer market (of course, assuming that it was able to break out of the traditional gamer's market at all while still retaining a statistically significant portion *of* the traditional gamer's market. As Shannon points out above, at least for *this* Holiday season, that doesn't seem to have been the case). That is where you and Moycon came in ranting about all of the technical "advantages" of the XBox 360 - something I never disagreed with either of you about. Beta was technically superior to VHS, the Mac has often been technically superior to the IBM PC, and the Amiga was technically superior to both of them for the duration of its existance. That is how much "technically superior" counts to me.

On the other hand, I do disagree with the logic you both have invoked at several points during this argument about both what constitutes a "valid" argument and what constitutes a "technical superiority" (I still don't think we've quiet ironed out if Xbox 360 alone is justification relevent to *anything* in regards to this conversation, for example).

I do have lots of time, by the way. I'm 36 and retired. I'm writing this from my notebook, a 17" HP DV8000 Multimedia PC that I use maybe two times a month, when my desktop is doing other things. I don't think that attempted insult was as effective as you were hoping it would be.

You did get one thing right. I don't CARE about the "answer". Your responses were to questions I never asked, and not relevent to my original statements (that you seem to have mistaken for questions. You might want to take a course in logic and argument). How could I care about responses so irrelevent to the original topic? Why would I?

Like I said, originally... I don't *want* any of the 3 systems. The only one that has me remotely interested is the Wii. My personal opinion is that if I prove to be typical of the maturing gaming market and their feeling on the "next generation" it bodes badly for the entire gig - but potentially less so for Nintendo than for the other two. I've got NO investment in any of the platforms being dominant or successful, emotional or otherwise, so it is fairly easy for me to be detached, impartial, and relatively unconcerned with the outcome. I haven't seen this lack of bias from either you or Moycon, so... take that however you want. I don't think either of you have supported your claims very well, though - and that seems to be what counts as far as this thread is concerned.

Have a nice day.

Post like this are why I consider the wii forum "Comedy Central"

You seem to have lots of time. Go ahead go back through these 6 pages and find 1 single person, including me or Moycon who you seem to be talking about, and find 1 single time anyone said system x is better than system y. One time, find it. It never happened. Did anyone ever tell anybody that their reason for wanting a system wasn't good enough? Nope. Sure there are many things that are better one one system when compared but nobody, from anything I have read, even implied anything about your decision. And if you feel defensive, your fault. You asked questions about the 360 or Live and they were answered. The little importance that it really was to you, went over my head. I thought when you asked, you wanted a response or maybe find something out you didn't know. Next time don't engage in a discussion and ask questions if you don't care for an answer. Unless you are Italian, then go ahead, that's part of the genes and you can't help it.

Who said I was talking about YOU in particular?

I never asked ANY questions about Xbox. I stated my opinion on why the Wii was the product *best* targeted to the *largest* consumer market (of course, assuming that it was able to break out of the traditional gamer's market at all while still retaining a statistically significant portion *of* the traditional gamer's market. As Shannon points out above, at least for *this* Holiday season, that doesn't seem to have been the case). That is where you and Moycon came in ranting about all of the technical "advantages" of the XBox 360 - something I never disagreed with either of you about. Beta was technically superior to VHS, the Mac has often been technically superior to the IBM PC, and the Amiga was technically superior to both of them for the duration of its existance. That is how much "technically superior" counts to me.

On the other hand, I do disagree with the logic you both have invoked at several points during this argument about both what constitutes a "valid" argument and what constitutes a "technical superiority" (I still don't think we've quiet ironed out if Xbox 360 alone is justification relevent to *anything* in regards to this conversation, for example).

I do have lots of time, by the way. I'm 36 and retired. I'm writing this from my notebook, a 17" HP DV8000 Multimedia PC that I use maybe two times a month, when my desktop is doing other things. I don't think that attempted insult was as effective as you were hoping it would be.

You did get one thing right. I don't CARE about the "answer". Your responses were to questions I never asked, and not relevent to my original statements (that you seem to have mistaken for questions. You might want to take a course in logic and argument). How could I care about responses so irrelevent to the original topic? Why would I?

Like I said, originally... I don't *want* any of the 3 systems. The only one that has me remotely interested is the Wii. My personal opinion is that if I prove to be typical of the maturing gaming market and their feeling on the "next generation" it bodes badly for the entire gig - but potentially less so for Nintendo than for the other two. I've got NO investment in any of the platforms being dominant or successful, emotional or otherwise, so it is fairly easy for me to be detached, impartial, and relatively unconcerned with the outcome. I haven't seen this lack of bias from either you or Moycon, so... take that however you want. I don't think either of you have supported your claims very well, though - and that seems to be what counts as far as this thread is concerned.

Have a nice day.

It's Camaro. My spelling sucks too ,no worries. And Moycon has a wii. Glad your wife let you retire. And I always have a nice day. In fact, I only post when I am in a good mood.

It's Camaro. My spelling sucks too ,no worries. And Moycon has a wii. Glad your wife let you retire. And I always have a nice day. In fact, I only post when I am in a good mood.

I wouldn't know, Chevys suck. This attempt was better. But, I put my wife through school (working like a dog) so I *could* retire early. That is called *planning* and it is how one gets to retire at 36. Trust me... we lived very well *before* she completed her Masters and moved up to executive level positions.

:)

Edited by Paranoid

I wouldn't know, Chevys suck. This attempt was better. But, I put my wife through school (working like a dog) so I *could* retire early. That is called *planning* and it is how one gets to retire at 36. Trust me... we lived very well *before* she completed her Masters and moved up to executive level positions.

How could I care about responses so irrelevent to the original topic? Why would I?

Where are you going with this? :?

Could someone please remind me what this thread was about?