IGNORED

Whos planning on going to the Midwest gaming classic this year?

jboypacman

I was just wondering who here on the AtariAge forums is planning on going to the Midwest gaming classic in Wisconsin this year? I have never been to a classic gaming event and i am hoping to go to this one.I have already request some vaction time from work and i managed to convince the wife we could work me going to the event as part of a trip to her parents who live in Random Lake,Wisconsin which isnt very far from the event.I could only go for afew hours but i think it would be great to meet some of you from the forum.

I was just wondering who here on the AtariAge forums is planning on going to the Midwest gaming classic in Wisconsin this year? I have never been to a classic gaming event and i am hoping to go to this one.I have already request some vaction time from work and i managed to convince the wife we could work me going to the event as part of a trip to her parents who live in Random Lake,Wisconsin which isnt very far from the event.I could only go for afew hours but i think it would be great to meet some of you from the forum.

I'm planning to go there. the show is fun to see.

Me & a buddy just decided to go yesterday, & we're dragging our women along w/ us.

My wife & I were at the '04 show & had a good time. Maybe I'll buy more stuff this time!

How much are tix if we buy them at the show?

Edited by RJ

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably be there again, for my third time. My friend and I might be putting on a Commodore display there, although I'm not so sure I want to be tied to one spot for so long.

Well, I can put you in the museum area (since I'm trying to expand the computer area besides just what I bring). They'll be a lot of "us" in there (myself, JD and his people, the "mini event" people like DAn and JAgfest, Ozyr and his area, a TG-16 fest area, etc.) So all told, they'll be plenty of people in the room that you can take time to walk around if you like.

• 4 weeks later...

I went last year and had a blast. The night before the show I was hanging out at the hotel bar drinking pitchers of beer and shots with some of the members and I had a monster headache the next day, the 100 or so Arcade and pinball games going off all at once made it even better :D

I'll be there for sure this year, it's a great time. Even my girlfriend had a lot of fun and I really didn't expect that. I really liked the museum area, the arcade and the vendors. They were all great people..it's always cool to put a face to a name as well. This year I want to try and compete in one of the competitions...if they do it again....I am the Pinball Wizard :ponder:

I'm much closer to Milwaukee now, which makes attending the show a lot easier, should I decide to do so. :) Would be nice to see a roll call of what members from AtariAge might attend..

..Al

well you know I'll be there again running the jagfest section.

it will be good to see you again AL, ( I'll prob see you again in july for CGE)

I didn't realize that the convention was that close to me. Only a seven hour drive from Cincinnati according to mapquest. Hard to figure the real time it would take. You can shave two hours by not driving the speed limit. But then, the route takes me right through Chicago, so how much time do I add for that?

It is about 100 miles closer than Philly. Put me down as a possibility for this.