IGNORED

Adventure II cartridge plans

Cafeman

For those of us that do not own a 5200 would like to see something available. Someone did say something about adding something extra to the 8-bit version and take advantage of 8-bit features. The computers are going to have 64k ram or more with a keyboard, maybe add something to take advantage of that. The XE computers have the chroma/luma output and will display it crisp and clear.

I was considering doing a Zelda like game years ago, but decided to do something on the PC with the 3D graphics instead.

For those of us that do not own a 5200 would like to see something available. Someone did say something about adding something extra to the 8-bit version and take advantage of 8-bit features. The computers are going to have 64k ram or more with a keyboard, maybe add something to take advantage of that. The XE computers have the chroma/luma output and will display it crisp and clear.

I was considering doing a Zelda like game years ago, but decided to do something on the PC with the 3D graphics instead.

I would love to buy this for the 800. I have a 130XE, but I prefer the 800. Hopefully if this is produced it would be compatible with the entire line of 8 bitters.

• 4 months later...
I have a feeling there wasn't enough interest to warrant the effort it would take to port it over to the 8-bit.

I don't think effort has that much to do with it, as we're talking about the same basic hardware. I think cafeman needed a break from this whole Adventure II thing for a while.

I don't think effort has that much to do with it, as we're talking about the same basic hardware. I think cafeman needed a break from this whole Adventure II thing for a while.

Given all the legal stuff, I can appreciate it. Still, I hope he can get this done.

I don't think there's a lack of interest from the 8-bit community either. Wasn't the 5200 version one of the top selling homebrews? Given how many more 8-bit computers there are, I'd be surprised if it didn't have similar success.

• 2 months later...

Well,

all we need is someone being kind enough to post the 5200 ROM of Adventure 2 here in the 8Bit forum... then it won`t take long and Fandal or Homesoft will give us the (modified) Atari 8Bit version...

So, is there any of the 5200 Adv. 2 owners who will upload the ROM for us ?!? Or is the 5200 cart still being sold...?!?

-Andreas Koch.

I had intended on porting it myself, but real life and burn-out prevent me from sitting down and programming any more. I think you people are fooling yourselves if you think this will be so easy. I really packed in the game code in the continuous 32k-ROM for the 5200 version, which makes shifting the code around into 16K banks a lot harder. The best way to convert it is to do it using the XE cart method which bryan used for A8 Castle Crisis (and Beef Drop). this way would work on all the 64K RAM machines.

I would imagine Fandal or classics would be able to port it into a cart format available for sale in the store. I havent played my 5200 version (keeping it mint) in anticipation of an 8bit version.

All I need is a cart and a PDF guide manual - no fancy box or anything else :)

Unless you want to run on 16k machines no real porting is required. You can make a bootable 1mbit image out of the exe file in about 10 seconds, which will start exactly like a rom cart with no menu, then distribute it on flash carts.

I sell bulk blank or pre-programmed flash carts w/ custom labels and I know a couple other people here have enough 1mbit carts on hand to make production runs of games.

Steve