IGNORED

Adventure II cartridge plans

Cafeman

Unless you want to run on 16k machines no real porting is required. You can make a bootable 1mbit image out of the exe file in about 10 seconds, which will start exactly like a rom cart with no menu, then distribute it on flash carts.

I sell bulk blank or pre-programmed flash carts w/ custom labels and I know a couple other people here have enough 1mbit carts on hand to make production runs of games.

Steve

So there you go...

Cafeman could make a run (and be an entrepreneur).... or

license someone that might be interested and make a few bucks.... or

make it freeware and let A8 users "roll their own."

I just hope something will get done -- this is one of the few carts that really interests me. This would be very nice for Xmas...

-Larry

Unless you want to run on 16k machines no real porting is required. You can make a bootable 1mbit image out of the exe file in about 10 seconds, which will start exactly like a rom cart with no menu, then distribute it on flash carts.

Well, Cafeman said he only created a 5200 version, so some porting will have to occur. Of course, it would be easier with the source code, but it's been done in the past (Glenn the 5200 man for example, and yourself (!) even for that matter. :D )

• 5 months later...

There can never be a version of Adventure II for the Atari 8-bit because I waited more than a year for it, then finally gave up and bought a 5200. Now that I've spent that money, I forbid there ever being a version for the A8! :P

Well,

luckily (or not) there are hackers and crackers who don`t care about Atari 8Bit copyrights (or copyrights in general). So all we need is someone sending HOMESOFT a ROM dump of the 5200 version... a few days (or weeks) later you will have a nice A8 file version of it... and err, Homesoft can be reached via e-mail (with the ROM dump as an attachment)...

-Andreas Koch.

There can never be a version of Adventure II for the Atari 8-bit because I waited more than a year for it, then finally gave up and bought a 5200. Now that I've spent that money, I forbid there ever being a version for the A8! :P

We will take you outside and beat you senseless ..

We will take you outside and beat you senseless ..

You think you sound tough, but I've got news for you: it won't take long! :dunce:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not for him, at least, but permitting someone else is a very different matter. Has anyone tried (recently) to contact him to get his permission to port it? And yes, the idea of an enhanced version for the VBXE is neat, but a "VBXE-only" version would kill many sales (IMO).

Here's a question for ABBUC -- if ported, would Adventure II be eligible for the ABBUC software contest/prize? What would the conditions be -- could the first release be as a cart? Or would it need to be as a disk from ABBUC (again, affects sales)?

-Larry

In the right hands I cant believe the 5200 bin couldnt be converted to work on the 8bit over a weekend.

Im keeping my 5200 AdvII in mint condition (never played it) - Id rather play it on my XE, no need for fancy box, etc...Just please let this one be converted to 8bit use!

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...