IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

Do you think this is the same seller, using a different name?

Highly unlikely. Simple minded people are scattered all throughout the US. Shipping a boxed game in an envelope doesn't scream brilliant, in my mind.

It's as if they believe a person actually handles your package the entire distance. It never even crosses their mind about conveyer belts , and drop-offs , and mail carts.

• 6 months later...
Sweetstuff4u decided to send me an email today asking why he is blocked from bidding on my items. See the question and response here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Good response! You were articulate and precise. That makes him look all the more worse.

Is there anyone else as vilified in Atari circles as this guy?

Sweetstuff4u decided to send me an email today asking why he is blocked from bidding on my items. See the question and response here.

Excellent response - direct and to the point, nicely outlining the reasons why...pity more people won't see it. He's been blocked from buying for me for some time now.

Anyhow, I guess his Atari Jaguar sales haven't been too lucrative as I noticed awhile ago that he has moved expanded his buying and selling to include Intellivision.

Excellent response - direct and to the point, nicely outlining the reasons why...pity more people won't see it. He's been blocked from buying for me for some time now.

Anyhow, I guess his Atari Jaguar sales haven't been too lucrative as I noticed awhile ago that he has moved expanded his buying and selling to include Intellivision.

That is not good at all. I know that he cornered the market with the Atari Jaguar with certain items. One good thing is the Intellivision market is pretty big. So I don't think his tactics will work as well.

That is not good at all. I know that he cornered the market with the Atari Jaguar with certain items. One good thing is the Intellivision market is pretty big. So I don't think his tactics will work as well.

Well, I had another eBay seller send me a new, boxed game in a bubble envelope. Charged me $4.60 for shipping, and it only cost $1.64 first class. I doubt the envelope cost $3.

Could've at least been in a box. Then I wouldn't care if there was a few bucks difference in the shipping.

It's discouraging and gives me reason to pause before buying anything on eBay.

Well, I had another eBay seller send me a new, boxed game in a bubble envelope. Charged me $4.60 for shipping, and it only cost $1.64 first class. I doubt the envelope cost $3.

Could've at least been in a box. Then I wouldn't care if there was a few bucks difference in the shipping.

Those dirty sellers, using a bubble envelope and raking in $2.96 when everyone knows they're psychic and knew damn well that the box getting squished matters to you.

Or, did it even get squished? You didn't say.

How about:

1) Don't assume anything about the shipping method, like it's some big surprise that some sellers try to make a few bucks from the shipping. If they use "flat rate", guess what?

2) Let them know that you want the game to be shipped in a box as you want the game box to be all nice and minty, and you're willing to pay extra shipping to get that if that's what it takes. Then, if they refuse, or screw it up anyway, commence complaining (a.k.a. "whining" around here), or better yet, let the seller know you're unhappy, and if it comes to it, leave them a neg, even if they *gasp* hold your feedback hostage and/or neg you back, as if negs on a buyer matter.

Yep, there are lowlifes that pull this crap. Even sadder is some seller who pulls this stunt to pad their own profits will come and defend this practice, most likely to make themselves feel better about ripping people off.

Oh, wait...

2) Let them know that you want the game to be shipped in a box as you want the game box to be all nice and minty, and you're willing to pay extra shipping to get that if that's what it takes. Then, if they refuse, or screw it up anyway, commence complaining (a.k.a. "whining" around here), or better yet, let the seller know you're unhappy, and if it comes to it, leave them a neg, even if they *gasp* hold your feedback hostage and/or neg you back, as if negs on a buyer matter.

As mentioned in another thread somewhere here, that's pretty much what I do now with every game I'm interested in buying from eBay that wouldn't survive being sent in a bubble mailer...

Yep, there are lowlifes that pull this crap. Even sadder is some seller who pulls this stunt to pad their own profits will come and defend this practice, most likely to make themselves feel better about ripping people off.

Oh, wait...

Who are you talking about? FYI, I have never sent anything collectible in a bubble envelope, nor have I ever inflated shipping by 200% (or anything remotely close to that), in my life. I haven't even sold any video games in years! My usual handling charge is a whole buck, and most of what I sell goes for $20-$50...

I wasn't "defending" these jerks in the first place! I was simply suggesting buyers have a rational, proactive approach to the problem.

Edited by lemoncurry

Oh, wait...

Who are you talking about? FYI, I have never sent anything collectible in a bubble envelope, nor have I ever inflated shipping by 200% (or anything remotely close to that), in my life. I haven't even sold any video games in years! My usual handling charge is a whole buck, and most of what I sell goes for $20-$50...

I wasn't "defending" these jerks in the first place! I was simply suggesting buyers have a rational, proactive approach to the problem.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, although your last 2 posts are contradictory in nature. In one you certainly seem to be taking the side of sellers using sarcastic tone towards buyers who don't like being ripped off with shipping, then your next post you're agreeing that they are jerks.

And he has 4 negatives and 11 mutually withdrawn feedbacks (many of which were probably negatives). Not sure where you got 2 from. Keep in mind that most people are afraid to leave negative feedback due to retaliation, so you can only read so much into that.

..Al

I bought a few games at the same time and they arrived ok since he used a box, then I bought 1 game and it arrived smashed in a padded envelope. I did not leave feedback as I did not want to get yet another retaliatory feedback. I am frankly sick and tired of arseholes like this. It should be common sense if you are buying a vintage boxed game you should not use a effing padded envelope to ship it! He hounded me a DOZEN times to leave him feedback but I ignored him and left no feedback.

I then made a mistake on outbidding him on a Jag controller and he somehow drove the price all the way up to my Max so I did win it but kinda paid a little too much, but hey that is my fault for doing that. I should of just did a 5 sec. snipe his a$$ (thats what you have to do with people like this; that like to drive prices up!)

I also did a best offer on Breakout 2000 and he turned it down. The price was way up there like $100 I can't remember. I ended up getting the game NIB from the UK for 1/3 that price and emailed him that I was glad he turned my offer down. He then had the nerve to ask me where did I buy it for that price. He was being serious he wanted to buy some so he can turn around and quadripple the price! I will never do business with him again.

Edited by tjlazer

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, although your last 2 posts are contradictory in nature. In one you certainly seem to be taking the side of sellers using sarcastic tone towards buyers who don't like being ripped off with shipping, then your next post you're agreeing that they are jerks.

Uh huh. The sarcasm was directed toward anyone thinking that the thing to do when taken for a few dollars is to complain about it here. I wasn't siding with anyone. Again, I pointed out a rational approach to the matter.

It certainly is jerkish to charge a Priority Mail rate and proceed to ship 1st Class in a bubble mailer.

It is also jerkish to assume that anyone who doesn't think there is a gray area in any given issue is "sad."

I agree with you Poobah! But you don't even need to get bubble wrap and peanuts. Newspaper works great. My last online transaction, I received a priority box. The carts were tightly wrapped in newspaper. Then they were packed in the box with more newspaper. I could shake the box and hardly heard a thing inside. A perfectly fine packing job, if you ask me. :)

I dunno. I personaly don't have a problem with bubble envelopes. I've gotten stuff in them before without any problems.

Also, I'm somewhat annoyed that all the criticisim is directed at the sellers. How about sharing some of the blame with the others that deserve it, like the package handlers and mailmen who are the ones actually abusing and destroying everything.

One shouldn't have to ship something in an indestructable steel box to accommodate crappy handlers that do a lousy job. If one doesn't bitch and complain and hold the shipping companies liable, the "REAL" issue will never get any better.

I dunno. I personaly don't have a problem with bubble envelopes. I've gotten stuff in them before without any problems.

Also, I'm somewhat annoyed that all the criticisim is directed at the sellers. How about sharing some of the blame with the others that deserve it, like the package handlers and mailmen who are the ones actually abusing and destroying everything.

One shouldn't have to ship something in an indestructable steel box to accommodate crappy handlers that do a lousy job. If one doesn't bitch and complain and hold the shipping companies liable, the "REAL" issue will never get any better.

You can't realistically expect a boxed game to arrive undamaged in a bubble envelope. It's not the package handler's fault when a boxed game arrives crushed because it was shipped in a bubble envelope. Do you really expect UPS, FedEx and USPS to always put YOUR bubble envelope on top of the package pile, with nothing else above it?

It's the seller's responsibility to make at least a minimum effort to properly package the item or items you bought. Nobody expects an "indestructible" package. I've had packages arrive that have obviously been handled roughly by the package company, but because they were well packaged the contents were not damaged.

..Al

Do you really expect UPS, FedEx and USPS to always put YOUR bubble envelope on top of the package pile, with nothing else above it?

In a word, yes. Not MY specific envelope persay, but all of them together. It's just common sense. Heavy things on bottom, light things on top. Another bubble envelope or poster tube on top of mine isn't going to crush anything.

I do not not expect my bubble envelope to be put on the floor and have a 75lb box placed on top of it, or have it wedged between the gap of two big heavy boxes so when the driver turns a corner the boxes shift and crush it.

You simply don't put the bread in the bottom of the bag, then the watermellon on top just because it fits better.

The problem is that is exactly what they do because they are more concerned about cramming as many packages into the truck as possible, sorted by zipcode. The packages themselves are just puzzle pieces to be fit in however they can get them to fit. It might make logistical sense, but it doesn't make package care sense.

In a word, yes. Not MY specific envelope persay, but all of them together. It's just common sense. Heavy things on bottom, light things on top. Another bubble envelope or poster tube on top of mine isn't going to crush anything.

I do not not expect my bubble envelope to be put on the floor and have a 75lb box placed on top of it, or have it wedged between the gap of two big heavy boxes so when the driver turns a corner the boxes shift and crush it.

You simply don't put the bread in the bottom of the bag, then the watermellon on top just because it fits better.

The problem is that is exactly what they do because they are more concerned about cramming as many packages into the truck as possible, sorted by zipcode. The packages themselves are just puzzle pieces to be fit in however they can get them to fit. It might make logistical sense, but it doesn't make package care sense.

As a person that has worked for a package handling company, I can tell you they do not care for the package condition. All they care about is getting as many boxes through in as short amount of time as possible. Properly packaged boxes will survive, but bubble envelopes would not survive next to a 150lb package. Remember the packages are moving on top of large belts and small packages end up below large heavy packages even if you put the smaller packages on top.

Edited by Almost Rice

You simply don't put the bread in the bottom of the bag, then the watermelon on top just because it fits better.

As a person that has worked for a package handling company, I can tell you they do not care for the package condition. All they care about is getting as many boxes through in as short amount of time as possible. Properly packaged boxes will survive, but bubble envelopes would not survive next to a 150lb package. Remember the packages are moving on top of large belts and small packages end up below large heavy packages even if you put the smaller packages on top.

:thumbsup: Thank you for providing a rational perspective based on your direct experience to this thread.

:thumbsup: Thank you for providing a rational perspective based on your direct experience to this thread.

Hear, hear. This is why really expensive, fragile items should be double boxed. Then anything short of running a fork lift through the entire shebang should still come out ok.

You can't realistically expect a boxed game to arrive undamaged in a bubble envelope. It's not the package handler's fault when a boxed game arrives crushed because it was shipped in a bubble envelope.

Well why don't you ship AtariAge packages in a sturdy box with lots of polystyrene chips then?

Oh - that's right you do :D