IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

I think one of the other rarest carts is Birthday Mania. I'm not an expert, but you might try finding out what that has sold for.

Jeff purchased Birthday mania for 20 bucks plus a copy of Pitfall and Pitfall 2 (loose)

Well, there you go then. One of the rarest carts is worth about 18 or 19 bucks.

I'm sure this statement will get me blasted, seeing as how I'm a "noob" here and all, :ponder: b u t....

Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass less...I'm about the GAMEplay myself, not really into the whole "obsessive collecting" thing. :lol: What I mean to say is, I enjoy PLAYING a game...if Kaboom! gives me more of a thrill than finding/playing the rare and illusive "Captain Dildo in the Ballzac Kingdom" prototype gives me, then I'll go for the .50 copy of Kaboom!. I know many of you are chomping at the bit and losing sleep over said "prototype" that this fella has, but at the end of the day, its HIS game...rather hoax, real-deal, or whatEVER the case may be. If he chooses to "dump" it, GREAT...Sell it, GREAT...cover it in butterscotch sauce and cram it up his arse, GREAT...its HIS to decide! Good lord...

:roll:

Now let the "flaming" begin.... :lol:

Truth IS truth though!

-Joe

* EDIT * Let it go on record that I personally dont care as to "rarity". Now Im CERTAINLY not CONDEMNING anyone that does, I just personally don't. For example, when it comes to various action figure lines that I collect, even if a particular figure is VERY lame to me, I'll get it anyhow..just for the sake of having a 'complete set'. I'm in negotiations now for several "rare" games...when they arrive, if I dont LIKE them, I'll SWAP them for game I DO enjoy...regardless if said games are "dirt common". An example of this would be a while back...I had a quite RARE NES game...something to do with the Bible..you know what? It sucked BAG...so I promptly SWAPPED it for a couple of "common" games that were FUN. Anyhow..just my 1 cent....

Edited by Grundy

Now let the "flaming" begin.... :lol:

But I want that crappy 3rd rate game that looks about as fun as watching paint dry because I must have a complete collection or Jesus won't love me anymore, you stinky-butt poo-poo head! :D

lol...right on man. ;)

I mean come on now...I have OWNED the XONOX double-enders...the Chuck Norris as well as MOST of those games suck HARDcore! I'd rather have Pitfall or Phoenix ANYday...and those are $1 games!

Gotta admit though...Tomarc was kind of decent....

:P

-Joe

Let it go on record that I personally dont care as to "rarity". Now Im CERTAINLY not CONDEMNING anyone that does, I just personally don't. For example, when it comes to various action figure lines that I collect, even if a particular figure is VERY lame to me, I'll get it anyhow..just for the sake of having a 'complete set'.

Not flaming you at all, just pointing out, you said it yourself right there. Some people want the very lame rare games for the sake of having a complete set. Me, I'm with you. I play games to enjoy them. But I also like collecting, though I'm not going to go ridiculously out of my way for something really rare that I won't ever play... well, unless I can resell it for more, obviously. Or, unless I'm insane. Which I am, on occasion.

That said, I'd like to see something come of this, but hell if I know anything.

Yeah I hear ya man....I am a completist myself when it comes to certain facets of my hobbies. However, I never recall a time when I got ANGRY at someone or wished them HARM out of rage and/or jealousy over a certain 'rare' item that they had...to ME thats getting a little ridiculous. Stops becoming a hobby and an interest and kinda crosses over into rather tyranical behaviour at a certain point methinks.

But anyhow...diff'rent strokes, eh?

Oh btw....great avatar....strikes me as what an 8-16 bit Resident Evil character might look like! :) :cool:

-Joe

I have had a couple of offers but have decided to hold off at this point. As far as the people leaving negative posts on here, it doesn't bother me. I actually find them rather amusing. I understand people get like that when things don't go the way they want. I do appreciate all the people on here who are not like that (which is the majority) and the ones who have been helpful.

Nathan

I am more interested in protecting the cart from bit-rot or whatever fate may lie. That's all.

What's wrong with waiting until all of the excitement and interest has completely died? It's silly to sell for over a thousand dollars when you can wait until no one cares anymore and sell it for five dollars. Oops, I meant to post that in Bizarro world. Sometimes I forget which dimension I'm in.

I already don't care as much as I used to anymore. He obviously doesn't care to even want to try and save it from bit-rot.

Someone mentioned $6500 for another cart and nagn2 is waiting for someone to match the offer. At this point, it is clear it's not gonna happen.

Dude, sell it here. Now. You get a very good return for your investment, and the game is preserved. I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but if Steve doesn't have any interest in re-releasing it, or even look for more copies, let someone dump the thing for the sake of posterity. This thread is turning too negative for anyone's good.

How big do you think his house/garage/attic or whatever is that he can't just go find it in a 1/2 hour or an hour? I know my place isn't that big. He must live in a mansion.

I think this is dragging out a little too much also. It stays exciting only when someone who asks the initial question is more than willing to help by letting the vets here at least get a real life taste of the goods. Put an insurance policy on it. Send it to Al, Rom, or cpuwiz or just meet someone at a place where it can be verified in person and dump the program. Honestly, if I had a gem like this I would hold on to it but share it with the rest of the world who loves this part of gratification in their life. Which is enjoying and knowing Atari. I would absolutely love to have this opportunity. If it were mine to impose. It's a find of an Atari masters imagination. Please don't play with it. Be kind. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, is this guy going to allow a copy of this game to be safely preserved, or what?

Why don't we all chip in $5 a piece as a preservation action (everyone on AA who wants to) and buy it off him to make it worthwhile for him? Then we can make sure the game is preserved...and duplicated. ;)

Why don't we all chip in $5 a piece as a preservation action . . .

Because nobody cares anymore. :D If there was a longer, larger, better quality video of the game being played uploaded to a place like YouTube, people might become interested again.

Why in the blue hell doesn't someone just call the programmer and ask him to come to AtariAge and read the thread! Seems if he would take the time to do that maybe he would see how many people care or should I say cared about the game! And maybe he could clear things up for us. But all and all I bet it's a hoax or he would have sold the dang thing by now!

Edited by kyle

Why in the blue hell doesn't someone just call the programmer and ask him to come to AtariAge and read the thread! Seems if he would take the time to do that maybe he would see how many people care or should I say cared about the game! And maybe he could clear things up for us. But all and all I bet it's a hoax or he would have sold the dang thing by now!

because nagn2 and Steve Stack are either the same person or in on this together. When I mentioned that they could make an easy $30,000 by selling the supossed 300 copies that are in storage for $100 a piece it doesn't seem that worthless anymore to program a new game from scratch and make up a story to sell it as an "original" Atari game. Seriously, all it takes is for Steve to come up with this whole plan, get his cousin or someone to join the forum and tell everyone about this great game he found. Have contact information so someone besides nagn2 calls him to prove that it must be real. My guess is Steve is finishing programming the game right now since he wanted to wait to see if there is any interest before he pumped 1000+ hours into making a new game. I also notice after every new post in this thread nagn2 is on here in literally 5 minutes reading it. The whole thing just seems weird. This whole thing is BS and when the "new" games are found in storage after nagn2 or somebody else takes Steve into finding them and selling them they are going to be something that was programmed while this whole discussion has been going on, it's a text book scam...just my opinion but I would love for someone to prove me wrong, the problem is right now you can't :P

because nagn2 and Steve Stack are either the same person or in on this together. When I mentioned that they could make an easy $30,000 by selling the supossed 300 copies that are in storage for $100 a piece it doesn't seem that worthless anymore to program a new game from scratch and make up a story to sell it as an "original" Atari game. Seriously, all it takes is for Steve to come up with this whole plan, get his cousin or someone to join the forum and tell everyone about this great game he found. Have contact information so someone besides nagn2 calls him to prove that it must be real. My guess is Steve is finishing programming the game right now since he wanted to wait to see if there is any interest before he pumped 1000+ hours into making a new game. I also notice after every new post in this thread nagn2 is on here in literally 5 minutes reading it. The whole thing just seems weird. This whole thing is BS and when the "new" games are found in storage after nagn2 or somebody else takes Steve into finding them and selling them they are going to be something that was programmed while this whole discussion has been going on, it's a text book scam...just my opinion but I would love for someone to prove me wrong, the problem is right now you can't :P
A video of the game in play has been shown a long time ago.

If you turn out to be right, I will change the game's detail page on our database into a 'warning page' for innocent VCS cart buyers.

8)

I'd say more likely it's real, but the 100 "newly found" boxed copies that turn up in a couple months aren't real. That's probably why the delay. It takes awhile to make that many fakes, especially semi-convincingly. This whole "I'll just hold it for awhile to see what happens" thing just makes no sense. It's not likely to go UP in value after the initial hype, and the only things that can happen after that are 1) the cart dies = it's worth less, 2) more turn up = it's worth less.

If it were legit, and he were prudent, he'd have sold it awhile back.

A video of the game in play has been shown a long time ago.

If you turn out to be right, I will change the game's detail page on our database into a 'warning page' for innocent VCS cart buyers.

8)

I don't know if you guys remember a game (proto) called "Bio Force Ape" for the NES but that had video also. It just turned out to be a talented collector that felt like pulling a prank. It's easy to fool someone who doesn't know what they are doing, not saying I do, just saying I have the common sense to know a money making scam when I see one. Before talking the time to fully program the game, find 300 copies of fast food, burn the eproms, make the labels, etc.., etc.. They want to make sure people believe that it is real because that would be a huge loss if proven a fake, people would not buy it out of spite even if it was a cool new homebrew game. Now that people do believe they will start on phase 2. I say when these do become availible and they most likely will, test the label paper for age (I think CPUWIZ knows how), check the cart contents, etc.. Something will show this is not real, I guarantee it.