IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

The dude hasn't posted in a month. He is either selling it privatly or he's gone IMO. Preferably the former.

I am still here. I don't see any reason to post anymore, I have said all I can. For anyone wanting to know, I have not accepted any of the offers I have received at this point!

The dude hasn't posted in a month. He is either selling it privatly or he's gone IMO. Preferably the former.

I am still here. I don't see any reason to post anymore, I have said all I can. For anyone wanting to know, I have not accepted any of the offers I have received at this point!

Not accepted because they're not high enough or because the game is such a blast to play that you just can't imagine giving it up?

When the game is available for sale, please let me know!!!

As I have said I will be happy to listen and respond to all offers. I don't want to put it up for auction at this time, I feel it is too early for that. I don't think there is enough awareness about the game to try that.

When the game is available for sale, please let me know!!!

As I have said I will be happy to listen and respond to all offers. I don't want to put it up for auction at this time, I feel it is too early for that. I don't think there is enough awareness about the game to try that.

10-4................when you feel there is enough exposure and ready for the auction, I will be ready to bid. You can take your time with this, I am in no rush. Just remember two things.....bit rot and discovery (of another one)...... ;)

Just remember two things.....bit rot and discovery (of another one)...... ;)

Yep, this thing goes bad and not only does nagn2 lose all that money but we all lose the game.

Or when somebody digs a box of these out of old stock, there goes nagn2's money.

Hope the stall tactics work for ya man.

Or it could mean that this was all a crock of S*** in the first place ;)

Fox, I thought you lost interest in this thread...why are you still reading it/posting in it? :roll:

Why PingvinBlueJeans I didn't know you cared enough to be concerned as to my activities on this thread. Its touching but totally misguided on your part ;)

Just a little something nagn2 might want to remember.....

the longer time goes on the less valuable the cart is, not the more. If you'd sold it about half way through this thread you'd have gotten a lot of $$$s for it, now rather less, as the hype has worn off.

And of course the longer time goes on, the more likely your cart is going to become a pretty rare brick - especially if it's an EPROM. Games don't last for ever, already a lot of carts have died., especially ones created with cheap materials like this will have been Every day that goes past is one day closer to your cart becoming worthless....

Personally I'd flog it ASAP:

1) You'll get more money

2) The game is more likely to be preserved safely as it should be.

If you wait one day too long, your $1000 cart will be worth 1/10th that. If you're lucky. On a good day.

Do you like those odds too?

I hope at least the ROM is dumped, to have a backup when bit rot strikes.

Is it?

Ironically the value of the cart depends a lot on if it is dumped....

If it is not dumped then when the bit-rot sets in and the cart dies (as it will do), the cart will become useless as the game will effectively cease to exist and it'll become just a lost annal in history.

However, if it is dumped then when the bit-rot sets in the game will still exist and it'll still be the original copy, so it'll be worth a lot more than the previous scenario.

So it's actually in everybody's interest that it is dumped:

The owner's because it's the best way to make sure it keeps some value.

The writer's because his work will be preserved (assuming he's not ashamed of it!)

The community's because another game hasn't been lost to the ages.

Of course persuading people of this may not be so easy. But it must always be remembered that dumping the image does not equal releasing the ROM to other people.

Myself all I care about is that the ROM is preserved and PDQ too before the owner just has a pretty looking bit of plastic that does nothing. Why? Just because. I hate things being lost into history when they can be recorded and preserved for future generations and future archaeologists. :)

My advice is just to sell the thing to Wonder007. It does not matter if you wait 1 day or 1 year from now. Fact of the matter is Wonder007 is the one who will give you the most money for your cart. I hate to burst your bubble, but the Atari 2600 scene is quite small at the moment. We only have one person who is willing to pay a pretty good premium for something he does not have. Also, Wonder007 has won 99 percent of the auctions that he has been interested in. Usually he was willing to go a lot higher than what he won it for. Trust me on this one he is willing to spend far and away more than any other person you will deal with.

My advice to nagn. Keep it locked away. Let it rot for if the story is true and the programmer has 250 more hidden away it wont be long before he will release them then problem is solved. On the other hand if this is all an elaborate hoax then we stand to lose nothing. You see the problem I have is that if this is the genuine thing why didn't he sell it to Wonder007 for that insane amount? No one else is going to give him a better offer. Anyway let it die and that will be an end to it ;)

I'm just trying to figure out how it would get more exposure. Take it to mount everest in the cold and see if it'll die of exposure?

It's not like the Atari 2600 community is all that large. I can't imagine there are any collectors who don't at least read this place on occassion.

It's his cartridge to do what he wants with though.

I'd like to see the rom out of curiosity but I'd only mess with it on my CC2 for 5 minutes and be done with it. As the original author says it's just an old crappy 2600 game.

I'm just trying to figure out how it would get more exposure.

Indeed. Those of us serious enough to buy it already know about it. You're not gonna find hardcore collectors on Ebay that aren't already reading this thread. I would have put up big $$$ for it until the "100's" comment came up. Now, I figure I'll just wait and see if more surface.

Anyway, congratulations to you, nagn2!! That is one truly excellent find! :)

It is an amazing find.

Personally, I think it is real, but I'm rather indifferent as to if it is real or not as I am not a ROM hound. I have enough trouble with real cartridges.

However, I do have some opinions........

I don't know why the OP is going out of his way to protect the maker's alleged interest here.

Others know this trick better than me--but I'd put the thing face down, turn a hair blow-dryer on it to soften the adhesive on the end label, get that thing off and then open the cartridge and take some photos of the board. A glue stick gets that label back on later.

Then I'd send it to Al or Tempest (or someone else who is able and trustworthy), giving that person instructions to "verify that it is real". (They'd send it back so I wouldn't have to worry about that.) If they happen to dump it while they are verifying it's provenance I wouldn't have to know that.

If all is good and it is in fact real then I'd sell it. It it wasn't real some schmuck would buy it anyways for few hundred at least.

The buyer could do what they want with it, either squirrelling it away to let it bit-rot to a dust-collecting, near-meaningless, perhaps couple hundred dollar value kind of existence or dumping it to preserve the program's integrity and doing what they wish with it. If the buyer chooses to distribute the ROM the maker can then request a cease and desist. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but until now is the maker's request for not duplicating the game technically only hearsay unless he has appointed someone to represent him in dealing with the issue?) That is if he chooses to take the time to worry about some ancient technology.

Edited by Atari Rescue Group

Those of us serious enough to buy it already know about it. You're not gonna find hardcore collectors on Ebay that aren't already reading this thread. I would have put up big $$$ for it until the "100's" comment came up. Now, I figure I'll just wait and see if more surface.

This is precisely the problem with this cart. Those with the $$$ to purchase it are long time collectors who have built up patience over time and will wait for others to surface. Cases in point:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180155721250

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130160407859

This games was selling for over $200 6 months ago.

As there are 100s out there or even if there are 20 out there, the long term price will hover around $1k loose - look at pepsi invaders. so Nagn, if you are getting offers over $1k, i'd take one. the best deal you will get will be through Wonder007.