IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2008

jboypacman

Ok who is going this year? Its going to be in March this year it looks like........http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/.

Am going to try and attend again this year(My second year to do so)for a few hours again and it should be fun(I hope). :)

working on it it looks like I'll be taking megabus there.

All booked, booked my hotel room amd mega bus on thurs.

(I will not be having a table there,at least for this year.)

Since no one has posted the promo....here it is...

The 2008 Midwest Gaming Classic is returning to the Olympia Resort & Conference Center in Oconomowoc, WI. The Olympia provides the Midwest Gaming Classic with over 20,000 square feet of space, and provides attendees with great, affordable rooms with many amenities on site! The Olympia is located 25 miles west of Milwaukee, WI on Hwy 67. Rooms have high speed internet access and are available at a discount for our event at $92 per night. For those interested, the resort also features indoor and outdoor pools, two restaurants, two lounges, an arcade, a 18 hole golf course, and indoor tennis courts.

Event Dates:

* Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:00am to 8:00pm

* Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:00am to 5:00pm

Tickets: $10.00 (Adult Single-Day), $20.00 (Adult Two-Day), FREE (12 and under accompanied by adult)

Over the past six years, the Midwest Gaming Classic has grown into a global event! Although the event is held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we have drawn people from all over the United States and World! The first event associated with the Midwest Gaming Classic was Atari Jaguar Festival 2K1: Beyond Tempest or "Jagfest" as the event is known amongst enthusiasts was the first event held by the current Midwest Gaming Classic Organizers. This event, held in 2001 to celebrate the Atari Jaguar home video game console planted the seed that grew into the Midwest Gaming Classic!

Almost exactly one year after Jagfest, the Midwest Classic was born! The Midwest Classic combined all forms of electronic gaming, and had many huge surprises for attendees that included two newly released Atari 2600 games and a special event-only Dreamcast demo disc.

The Midwest Classic returned in 2003 with a new location and more of everything! The pinball part of the show grew by leaps and bounds and attendees were able to take on a variety of pinball machines. To top it all off, a full-sized arcade machine was given away to a lucky event attendee!

The 2004 Midwest Gaming Classic was the fourth electronic gaming event held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by the same group of organizers.

After taking a one year hiatus, the Midwest Gaming Classic returned in 2006 with a huge turnout of new sponsors and vendors to support the show.

This year the show was moved up to March due to how many activites were going on in June 2007 in hopes to increase turnout and participation.

Book your hotel stay at the Olympia Resort for a special event price of $92.00 per night! Make sure to mention you are attending the Midwest Gaming Classic to receive the reduced rate.

For all the details visit --

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

I have a booth, and I am bringing tons of prototypes for all systems, NES games, NEW SEALED Anime DVDs, BOXED Game Boy, Game BOy COlor, and Game Gear games, TURBO GRAFX games, and promo items. Prices are very very cheap, so I would suggest finding me early. If it's anything like it was at CGE, I was packed for 12 hrs both days with ONE table with the kid of deals I had....

Had a great time last year. I'd like to go this yr but my wife's due w/ twins right around then. & right when I decided to go strictly retro...

A thought: if anyone from my area (Mpls/St Paul MN) is going, if I came up w/ a reasonable/short list of items & $$$ limit (nothing will be too costly), would you consider doing some shopping there for me? We could make arrangements to pick up/drop off or POSSIBLY have it shipped to me. I'd really appreciate it- please let me know!

Edited by RJ

Heading up from St. Louis again this year. I offered to bring up my Tandy Color Computer setup after talking to the guy with most of the 'museum' equipment last year, but haven't heard back from the organizers yet.

I'd like to see that. I've had kind of an on/off interest in the TRS-80 for a while, but I've never actually seen one in action.