IGNORED

rest of my auctions begin to end today at 7:05 P.M. Eastern Time!

homerwannabee

Wow it seems a few people got your back BuyAtari. So whatever man. I make a logical argument about Gauntlet which CPUWIZ by the way brought up in the first place and all of the sudden you get pats on the back. The cards are stacked against me on this one. Unfortunately a successful argument seems to be how many people got your back instead of who presents the best argument. All I am trying to do is sell a game with a best offer attached and I get this. OK, man whatever.

Look dude you keep making these outragous comments that beg for comment. If anything you are the cause of any prolonged debate here and in every other thead just like it.

I don't need people to back me to present an argument. I've been collecting and buying and selling classic games since the mid 90's. I may be one of the only people if not the only person in the world to both buy and sell both an Atlantis II and a Gold NWC. My arguments are based on experience and my dealings with those bigger collectors who will buy these high priced games. There is a reason many agree with me and no one agrees with you and its not because they "have my back". If you honestly think you "present the best argument" in this thread you are wacked.

I am not always right. I have been wrong on things before but one thing you have to understand is that Atari collectors for the most part are just cheap man. They don't get caught up in hype like Nintendo collectors who buy a game for $100 one day and $1000 the next. No supply and demand theory can replace knowing the buyer and what he is willing to spend.

I've seen a boxed A2 sell for less than $400, I think Rick has it.

could be, i don't remember. but that was years ago..

Rick

We are all getting old. :P

IIRC, you got it from FND.

I'm sure FND could tell you exactly how much he sold it for and probably who to. But from a recent thread I think Ian bought FNDs from the sound of it. Cart, box, NO sticker. FND lost his sticker and auctioned that way on these fourms.

I think $1K is the max I'd go on a loose A2, relistically I wouldn't spend more than $500, but if I had the money, or wanted it bad enough, I think I might go $1K as a max bid on ebay. I think a true complete box with sticker + original letters would be a better purchase, and I could see that set bringing $2500-4000 at auction. I think there are very few people willing to go $1500-2000 on the loose cart, maybe only 1-2 people. It's fun to watch the price continue to drop, but I agree a lower starting price with reserve might would have been a better option for this listing. It's been up so many times, I think most people here probably think he's still playing with us in his listings, not serious to sell.

Edited by video game addict

Well I lowered it a little more. Sometimes I wonder if people realize that I am not the only one with this cart. :ponder:

and what is the suspose to mean? :roll:

Sorry about that. To everyone, I am just trying to sell this cart. Please let me do that in peace.

Edited by homerwannabee

Well I lowered it a little more. Sometimes I wonder if people realize that I am not the only one with this cart. :ponder:

Sorry about that. To everyone, I am just trying to sell this cart. Please let me do that in peace.

I think it was supposed :roll: to mean that homer has a sense of humor about all the ribbing you guys give him.

I think it was supposed :roll: to mean that homer has a sense of humor about all the ribbing you guys give him.

Thanks man. :) I lowered the price one last time to $2,200. I will not lower it again.

Good Luck Homer but $2200 is probably still too much. Just do a damn reserve and get a reality check of the value (as suggested numerous times)

The reason I do not do an auction with a reserve on it is because people think it is a show off auction and people don't bid seriously on it. Remember I was the third highest bidder on the Atlantis II with docs and I was only able to get it because he had a reserve on it. I feel that reserve auctions hinder the auction more than help. The best way to have an auction is to have an auction without a reserve on it with no Buy It Now on it. On average you will probably get more money that way. The only problem with that is that you are taking a certain risk of it selling at a really low amount. I am willing to take a risk on stuff I paid less than $500 on because on average I will do OK. But when I pay over that then I feel like I am gambling with too much money. With a reserve people will back out and people will use that as an excuse to say that it is worth that amount despite that people backed out of the reserve auction thinking it was just a show off auction. With no reserve you run a gamble of it going way too low and losing a huge amount of money. But with a Buy It Now you have more control over the situation. The worse that can happen is no one takes you up on the offer and you still have the cart.

Edited by homerwannabee

Honestly Homer. Do not sell yourself short on anything you have unless you get to a point to where it is out of nessecity that you do that. I believe some really want this game but are hoping that comments by others will drive you to take things into their perspective. Don't change your ways because of influence. You do what you feel is right to you. Otherwise you'll always have that itching thought in the back of your mind thinking, What if?. Good luck man. :)

Honestly Homer. Do not sell yourself short on anything you have unless you get to a point to where it is out of nessecity that you do that. I believe some really want this game but are hoping that comments by others will drive you to take things into their perspective. Don't change your ways because of influence. You do what you feel is right to you. Otherwise you'll always have that itching thought in the back of your mind thinking, What if?. Good luck man. :)

Thanks for the for vote of confidence. That means a lot to me. :)

I agree with this. Remember there was a time when I had an offer of 2500 for this game and no bites. It will sell at some point. Just sell it for what you want. At this point a true auction would just hurt you more. And everytime you lower the price it just gives people more incentive to wait to see how low you will go.

Jim

I agree with this. Remember there was a time when I had an offer of 2500 for this game and no bites. It will sell at some point. Just sell it for what you want. At this point a true auction would just hurt you more. And everytime you lower the price it just gives people more incentive to wait to see how low you will go.

Jim

Your probably right. This will be as low as I go with this. I mean it. Things have changed finally. I have had 2 offers for over $1,150 and $1,200 now on Ebay so people who say that it is less than $1,000 are a little off.

hell for the 1200 offer I would think about taking it. I think that is a bit low. If you can hold off I think you can get more in the long run. Sell it for what you want.

I have been offered more. And if that offer is still on the table I will take it if no one bites on the auction. It was a good fair offer that I can live with.

Edited by homerwannabee

Wonder: I think people have been getting their checks already (not the $600-$1200 ones), because I've sold a crapload of stuff in the past month....

Agreed.....but most checks come in April and May.....according to the IRS stats dept.

Wonder: I think people have been getting their checks already (not the $600-$1200 ones), because I've sold a crapload of stuff in the past month....

Agreed.....but most checks come in April and May.....according to the IRS stats dept.

$1200 sounds fair. I think in the right circumstances $1500-$2000, ie someone REALLY wanting it, or a bidding war.

I think you'd actually get a bidding war if the one with box and paperwork went up.

Just to add another data point... I don't have an A2, and I'd probably pay $1K for a loose one and near double that for a boxed one... somewhere between for a loose one with the label.

I have a question to the forum as well... what do you guys see happening to the Atari market when we're all dead. Is this stuff something I should will to my kids or just try to sell off before I die? Is the next generation or the one after going to pay these prices for this stuff?

Your thoughts?